• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got second hand high once at a smashfest, but nothing more than that.

I remember it not feeling that great.

Jane

Smash Hero
i long for the day the majority of the world accepts weed like it does alcohol. i see it happening in my lifetime (i hope).

i was looking at this image the other day and it was kind of enraging, haha.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Never smoked weed in my life.

People I just meet at a club or party or something always think I'm high.

Natural high FTW.

That new Drake was typical Drake.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
i long for the day the majority of the world accepts weed like it does alcohol. i see it happening in my lifetime (i hope).

i was looking at this image the other day and it was kind of enraging, haha.

I agree that marijuana needs to be legalized. They tried the same tactics with alcohol when it was first made and it only led to more crime to obtain it.

rhan

Smash Hero
Moving to Australia when I retire.

I bumped Wayne/TI/Drake. lololol When I had my car Paper Trail was pretty new so I had that go for a while. Then the Wayne n Drake era came around.

soap

Smash Hero
Recently I've just been putting the ipod on shuffle

And I've got all kinds of hip hop and random soundtracks on there.

Lion King ftw

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yea speaking of getting high I was high all day Saturday.... Then got high again at midnight. Matter of fact that's the 3rd Saturday in a row I've been high as ****. Lmaooo

Happy birthday btw Mr. Toilet xP

:phone:

rhan

Smash Hero
Last time I got high was probably a year ago..
From being a pot head.. I can honestly say I feel better without it.

Jane

Smash Hero
i think weed has overall improved the quality of my life. plus i got the best grades of my life when i started smoking damn near daily. not because of the weed of course, but i was just finally mature enough to handle it. in high school i just didnt give a ****.

this semester i didnt smoke daily. but now that its summer..... :yeahboi:

and hey, bay area rap isnt all that bad. not the most insightful of lyrics, but the bay knows how to make people dance with their own unique flavor.

Jane

Smash Hero
also, something random i feel like sharing with you guys.

yesterday i was listening to NPR, and they were interviewing this guy on latino usa who created a really cool style of music by mixing jazz and the native plena music of puerto rico, on the mother****ing harp.

this guy is seriously amazing. (if you enjoy like latin rhythms... soap again i'm looking at you hahaha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SNhAKyXtC8 <---- this guy pours his ****ing soul into his music, its beautiful.

oh, and just a random tidbit from the show, check out how people in puerto rico sing the "happy birthday" song. its a very latin offshoot of the traditional american song, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFcQVVFg9U&feature=related

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i think weed has overall improved the quality of my life. plus i got the best grades of my life when i started smoking damn near daily. not because of the weed of course, but i was just finally mature enough to handle it. in high school i just didnt give a ****.

I agree. It has helped me to become a more tolerant and less hateful person. And helps me creatively, though I don't need it to be creative.

sometimes I definitely overdo it, hahaha, but that's my fault not the plant

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
wtf, how did that ***** get hooked up with jean grae and 9th wonder.

can't say I'm impressed. I guess it's just not for me, even though I appreciate what he's doing.

anyways, I'm getting into Paul Wall. Does he have any **** that is horrible and should be avoided? I love his voice and delivery. I don't really pay any mind to his lyrics though.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
oh man paul wall.. i used to listen to "sittin sidewayz" "break em off" and "I'm throwed" during my highschool tenyear.. when i first discovered.. things. I went thru a southern rap phase, alot of it still holds up pretty well (save mike jones and a few others, still tippin was my **** though)

MBlaze

Smash Champion

soap

Smash Hero
thatt song got me back in Cole World mode.

Had to listen to Warm Up / Friday Night Lights again today.

The man said his album was near ready and just about perfect . Don't usually hear artists come out and say that often.

Is he still waiting for more hype? I feel like he's got plenty. I don't wanna wait for that stupid Rihanna tour thing to finish.

I like Blu's tactics. Randomly drop ****, then it's "go find it *****."

Top Bottom