• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
~Bump (who can blame me?)

The game will be out in a few days. Is anyone getting it? I know I sure am. I've been playing the beta since forever and I still love the game, so there you go. Yeah go to http://www.worldofwarcraft.com for more info.

I'm going to be a Gnome Rogue on a Pacific PvP Server, not sure which one yet. If anyone is getting let me know so we can play on the same server.

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Who here plays WoW? I doubt many people here do, but I got an account not too long ago. If anyone here plays, my main characters are in the horde in the Dalaran server. I don't play religiously like most people do (I have a life), so I'm not really high level. In case anyone here who plays the game wants to know, my highest lvl character is a lvl 13 undead priest named Gaikotsu, and I have a lvl 11 tauren warrior named Kaotical (go figure).

Anyways, I wanna know if anyone else here plays this great online game. :D

soberfox

BRoomer
BRoomer
The reviews on this game are insanely high (9.5 on Gamespot) and some places are saying this is probably the best MMORPG game of all time, and definetly the most friendly to new players. I'm really thinking about picking this one up soon.

loserlad89

Smash Ace
this game is th3 pw/\/zoR, ive got a lvl 10 dwarf paladin on the Draenor server. i dont personally have the game, i play on my friends account, but i plan on pickign it up soon.

soberfox

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay I just bought the game and am about to install it. I'll edit this post hours later after playing it some with my thoughts on it.

soberfox

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a great game. Magnificent graphics, good storyline, great overall world...so great. And simpson man, it's actually not that repetitive for an MMORPG...from the looks of your post it makes me think you haven't played very many before.

The rave reviews don't lie people, this game is incredible. Get it if you like good games for the computer.

*goes back to playing*

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
WoW is the best MMORPG of its kind in my opinion ok so Guild wars has no fees but does it have the things that WoW does e.g. Proffesions i.e. Engineering to make bombs or trinkets, Enchanting to make armour & weapon buffs. Also i have got Guild wars and i prefer WoW a lot more.As far as i know Guild wars does not have an Auction House or the ability to choosee different Races.In Guild wars there are no opposing factions of Players e.g. in WoW Horde v Alliance.

byt

Smash Cadet
I personally enjoy WoW. I was playing on Draenor for a time, but a friend that I got to play eventually moved onto Dark Iron (PvP server) so I went there too. Mostly because I want to get into one of the several Penny Arcade guilds. If anyone plays there, I play a human mage named Jiskals (currently Lv15). I've been fortunate not to get ganked in contested areas...yet.

Troy

BRoomer
BRoomer
All of my friends are hopelessly obsessed with WOW. I was thinking of getting it. But when you work and only get $6.75 an hour, and are moved out, paying rent, buying groceries, paying $181 for car insurance.. you wanna save as much money as you possibly can. I might get it when i start my new job as an intern at a Cameron Mitchelle resturant.. $8 an hour.. sounds much better, and to have a little more freedom.

but it does look like a pretty fun game. Then again, the graphics aren't any better than the wc3 graphics, which makes it very disappointing in my opinion. I was considerig Guild wars, but i've heard a pretty equal good and bad about that game. What i do like is the whole "no monthly fee" thing. that's always wonderful.

But you can pretty much go creeping alone on wow right? I hate playing games where you have to be in a group in order to survive. I want to go out with like, 1-2 people at most. I dont' want a whole friggen party.

Blah.. sorry i'm all ranting today ^_^;

Pea©h4§ale

Smash Cadet
I'm a large fan of WoW too; more than some of you know. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a freak abou the game, but it's by far, one of the best RPG's I've ever played. Anyway, I've been reading a lot about the new expansion (WoW: The burning crusade) and I'm getting really excited about it. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about, have you heard anything about its release date into the public? Any info would be great, thanks.

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
As far as i know its coming out July 2006 and if u want to find out more info thn u should go on the official Blizzard link

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
IF there happens to be anyone plaing Alliance on the Agamaggan server, send me a PM.

Kadiev

Smash Ace
Wow is fun at the start but once you hit 60 its endless end raid dungeons and unless you are hardcore about this game will take you awhile to get your really good gear. You cannot get rank14 because people have really good organized groups that player 24/7. After play it for a long time I dropped wow, they have no casual player instances or items at the end.

snarlingMuffin

Smash Rookie
First about the graphics, i have a extremely crappy videocard, and so i dont get the most out of the graphics, But i have seen some SS and some WoW vids people have made and the graphics are amazing on their computer.

Gameplay is entertaning when you first get it and the combat system isnt horrible like some MMORPG"s that i have seen. The game is very addacting for the first few...many months that you play. Then once you hit 60 you hit the "glass cealing" to advance you character any more you have to go to the 40 man raid dungeons. That being said you better make sure you pick a guild that can get though all of the end game instances and such. Also you would want to make sure that they have a decent loot distribution system set up. Many guilds use DKP and some have a better way then others.

In WoW there are fun quarky things in the game that are fun to find and you can have many different pets like cats, mini yeti's chickens frogs dragons birds, their only pourpose i think is just collecting for fun.

The PvP system is horrible if you want to get to rank 14 i wont even go in to that. All i can say is that it is basicly a huge timesink going from rank 11- to rank 14 i think.

The community in WoW while most likely haveing the youngest player base you can meet some extremely rude people, and some who have no common courtsey becuase it is an on-line game, You can also find soem of the niceset most helpful people and some really nice guilds to get in.

All in all it is a fun game to play and if you do get tired of it take a week or 2 break from it and when you play it again either make another character or re spec your talents and it will seem like a new game.

The expansion looks good cant wait to get a flying mount a fly around in outland :D.

loserlad89

Smash Ace
I'm finally getting WoW this thursday and I can't wait. I still have to say my final goodbyes to my friends and family, drop out of high school, and write my last will/testament though, as those are necessary prior to playing WoW for the first time. I've been debating which class to get etc. and I've decided on a dwarf paladin, seeing as how that's what I used when I played on my friends account for a couple of days and it was pretty fun. I know I'll be joining a pvp server, but I have yet to decide on a realm. I've been checking them out on the WoW website and I'll probably pick one with a medium population, so maybe I'll see one of you around.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you don't join the one that your friends are on, I could use a trading partner from Alliance on Aggamagan... ;)

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only thing good to come out of this game was that it got Jake (DeLoRtEd1) banned from the computer by his parents due to his excessive playing, and now we don't have to listen to his ******** posts anymore. :D

Oh, and Leeroy Jenkins. That was the other good thing to come out of this game.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Leeroy Jenkins got me into the game. Shame it was so blatantly staged.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
Leeroy Jenkins got me into the game. Shame it was so blatantly staged.
Well, that's like saying Red VS Blue is staged (I hate using a show I hate so much as an example but whatever). I think it was meant to be a skit rather than trying to trick you into believing it to be actual gameplay. I could be wrong though. :\

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to not play this game so that i don't get addicted and lose interest with smash. Agreed with Diablo 2!
WoW is life, you can't change that. Nah, j/k. Seriously. I pretty much limit myself now, so that I can play WoW and Smash.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!11!!! (Had to say it.. heh.)

If there are anybody who is Alliance on the Doomhammer server, PM me. XD I have a 64 Nelf Hunter. :chuckle:

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I'm alliance also, have a gnome warlock and a draeni warrior on Dalvengyr. However, they're only 37 and 16 lol :(

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Anyone who posts on this forum fails. If I had the time, I would de-rep each and every one of you for being WOW fans. WOW is like cancer, it cosumes you and you don't know it at first but the next thing you know, you're shutting out your family, girlfriend/boyfriend, you're favorite rubber duckie because you don't bathe, instead choosing to play World of Warcraft. It happened to several of my friends, who are now my enemies

Link to a worth RPG:

www.battleon.com

HarryPotter

Smash Cadet
err... bad place to post that.
anyhoo, maybe I might consider playing the game, but (a) my computer (but surprisingly not my internet) is as slow as ____ and (B) I have no money, and (c) any money I do have is currently saved up for another Wii Remote and SSBB. I currently have: $12. *sob*
-HP-

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Anyone who posts on this forum fails. If I had the time, I would de-rep each and every one of you for being WOW fans. WOW is like cancer, it cosumes you and you don't know it at first but the next thing you know, you're shutting out your family, girlfriend/boyfriend, you're favorite rubber duckie because you don't bathe, instead choosing to play World of Warcraft. It happened to several of my friends, who are now my enemies

Link to a worth RPG:

www.battleon.com
WoW is a fun game, but most guilds make it like work. I was in a guild for a day that required everyone to raise at least 1 - 2 levels a day, minimum. That's not fun.

However, if you get addicted, it's just your personality, not the game.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I was going to get back into warcraft, but right before I clicked the icon to start it up, my computer crashed and broke. I'm taking it as a sign.

Top Bottom