• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World 8 - The Mario Match-Up Index [8-2: Luigi, Doc]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQH-qTDTj4I

Also compare Dakpo's ZSS (his main since 3ds) and his luigi vs Ally. His ZSS got BODIED. Barely got 1 stock off the whole set, his luigi did wayy better despite being a secondary. Likely because it's just a better MU. Unless we want to say mario beats ZSS very hard, it's likely luigi beats mario pretty hard.
yea....I wouldn't use my mediocre Zss as a deciding factor in this match-up. I feel like Zss slightly wins. I just got outplayed by someone a lot better than me.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
yea....I wouldn't use my mediocre Zss as a deciding factor in this match-up. I feel like Zss slightly wins. I just got outplayed by someone a lot better than me.
Which character do you consider your main? If i recall correctly, you've been using ZSS longer than you have luigi.

TriTails

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQH-qTDTj4I

Ally was also talking about his match vs Dakpo a

nd how relieved he was. Look at how he played dakpo, he almost NEVER tried to catch landings or set-up juggles. he won because he kept setting up edgeguards, which is almost always the best course of action for mario vs luigi. He won via edgeguards, not the "godlike usmash."

I'm not sure of his opinions on the MU specifically, but luigi in general is definitely his most hated character in sm4sh.

And the fact mario HAS to go for edgeguards at almost all percents is why this MU is so bad. Hard to do damage, hard to kill, only way mario beats lugi is to go ham with edgeguards.

Also compare Dakpo's ZSS (his main since 3ds) and his luigi vs Ally. His ZSS got BODIED. Barely got 1 stock off the whole set, his luigi did wayy better despite being a secondary. Likely because it's just a better MU. Unless we want to say mario beats ZSS very hard, it's likely luigi beats mario pretty hard.
Fair point, good sir.

@ Xeze Xeze Cyclone clanks with Fireballs on the ground. In the air it does not clank with anything (Either it beats out whatever hits it or straight up lose), but even then, it might just've outranged you.

Just shield against that

Airboysteel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigJ-Airboy
3DS FC
0087-2405-4085
Yea, the Luigi match up is pretty tough for mario. I fought a Luigi in tournament this past weekend and it was just bad.When I try to edgeguard he I ended up getting misfire and lost the match. I also try to use cape for his fireball but it doesn't really help that much in my opinion.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Just want to mention that Ally got 2 stocked by Larry Lurr's Luigi and then used Captain Falcon and managed to win.
Mario v Luigi is definitely 40:60 or even 35:65. Nothing that Mario does seems safe against his brother. Might even be our worst MU, which is ironic.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Just want to mention that Ally got 2 stocked by Larry Lurr's Luigi and then used Captain Falcon and managed to win.
Mario v Luigi is definitely 40:60 or even 35:65. Nothing that Mario does seems safe against his brother. Might even be our worst MU, which is ironic.
I read it wrong and read 'Ally 2 stocked Larry Lurr'. I was like 'Dude. Larry's Luigi's a second. He ain't a good example to ta-'

Wtf 35:65?

Oh.

Can you provide some videos? Would be interested to see.

Inb4 Ally calling Luigi OP. Inb4 Ally switch to Luigi.

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble in the yoshi matchup. Is there any advice I can get to defeat this wretched dinosaur?
Never approach. Just camp and space. Yoshi can't actually contest Mario's B-air directly, so the only thing you have to do in this matchup is never overextend unnecessarily. If you do approach, just remember that you can freely do aerial -> Jab on his shield, but you generally should just be focusing on walling him.

You get wrecked for trying to play aggressive given he's able to do like 40% whenever he touches you, but realistically he shouldn't get in if you play right. You have even more incentive to turtle when you consider that Yoshi is horrible at setting up kills on shield. Just remember to roll/dodge vs Down-B.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom