• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World 2 Level 2 - Meno's Peach

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Now that I think about it, this is gonna be a crappy intro. -

So, I finally figured out how to record some decent videos - their not HD by any stretch, but decent. Thought I might show you guys how a bsticking Peach looks like. :bee:

Below, a few matches against my brother. He's not amazing, and these aren't the height of my skill, but I do pull off a couple neat things here and there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfd1iPvOUXg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9i8KFHL_k

And some AiB matches against Mi. with a yellow connection. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNMZJRRGAQw
<- Olimar ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNmyMl8l2bg
<- I then proceed to get ***** by his Snake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-NYOl49NE
<- And then a lulzy beamsword match as well as lesson against countering Luigi's on a Snake.

Critique would be helpful of course. Bloop bloop.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
I don't know what to say to this, I really don't :O
feels similar to how I play

short hop some of your aerials
try to get your float to a better height? sometimes you float way to low or too high

am I the only one who tries to nair Zelda's Din's Fire?

hmmmm, I dunno D:
[tell your brother to tilt slightly to the right (just the tiniest bit, in between the top and the next right notch on the gamecube controller) when recovering]

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Nah, I Nair Din's Fire as well as it covers pretty much the whole of Peach's body

Ok, here goes :D

- Stop wasting your 2nd jump. Yea, you can hate me all you like but I don't see the benefits of spamming jump to get a Float going when it's easy to just press down to stop where you want to Float. It wastes your 2nd jump and if things are looking bad, you can't maneuver

-Try Floating higher. Paticularly in that Snake match, you were Floating very low and as a result, you kept getting hit by grenades. Again, this is mostly due to the fact you were quickly using up your 2nd jump to get a Float going. If you're going to try and Dair someone, most of the time you want to be just above their head. This means you are only under threat from up moves rather than side moves as well

- Watch how you fall back down. I'm talking about when you get hit up into the air or just generally when you're reasonably high in the air. Look at around 1:44 on the match vs Snake on FD. You get knocked up and come crashing down with a FF Dair. Why not try Floating to stop yourself when you've been knocked away? That would have been the perfect oppotunity to get some Floating Dairs in. You tend to be rather agressive when you're coming down to the ground. Most of the time, you will try and get an attack in like a Fair or Bair in. That's great but it can lead to you getting hit by stuff if your spacing is dodgy, which it is more likely to be if you come crashing down

- Think carefully how you will approach someone. A lot of the time you went zooming in there without a Turnip in hand (I thought you B Sticked? :p). OoS Turnips are brilliant for defending yourself and Turnips in general can help cover your approach and lead to good set ups

- Watch how your enemy reacts. When you're stringing stuff like Dairs together, I noticed you very very quickly tried to get things like a Uair in to finish your strings off, despite the fact your enemy wasn't anyway near you. It's crucial to watch how your opponent reacts and where they go when wrapping things up like Dairs. Also, watch out that your opponent doesn't predict where you're going to roll when you've been knocked to the ground!

- Glide Tossing. I saw lots of fancy B Sticking stuff but not much Glide Tossing

- Try SH'ing your aerials more often. This leads onto my final point of that you should watch your spacing now and then...but you're B sticking so I imagine it's harder D:

Hope that helps :) Nice Peach you have there. I don't know how you manage without the C Stick for aerials :O

Xyless

Smash Master
- Glide Tossing. I saw lots of fancy B Sticking stuff but not much Glide Tossing
Without C-stick, we're very limited with how we can glidetoss. Heck, that's why I have shake smash on, so I can at least pretend that it's reliable enough to glidetoss. The only one that's easy enough to do is the forward glide toss.

Hope that helps :) Nice Peach you have there. I don't know how you manage without the C Stick for aerials :O
Yeah, it's pretty tough living without a c-stick. I've survived because I feel like I'm decent at spacing, and I've tried to change my control scheme (to no avail).

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Thank you everyone. ^^

Especially Rick.

- Stop wasting your 2nd jump.
Noted and heavily agreed with. It's awkward, and I don't have it down, but that's what I'm striving for.

-Try Floating higher.
Noted.

- Watch how you fall back down.
Noted.

- Think carefully how you will approach someone.
Noted, lols. You might have seen this in the matchup discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa8TSlcHYSs. But at 2:30 my reaction was "Oh shi- Rick is gonna yell at me."

Honestly, I just forget about it sometimes. xD

- Watch how your enemy reacts.
This is one of those things I'm really only noticing after watching my videos. I think it's more of a wifi problem than offline, but something I'll keep in mind.

- Glide Tossing. I saw lots of fancy B Sticking stuff but not much Glide Tossing.
Noted, but like Xysless said, yea, I can only reliably glidetoss forward.

(Though this one time I glided BACKWARDS on wifi and I was sooo excited.)
- Try SH'ing your aerials more often. This leads onto my final point of that you should watch your spacing now and then...but you're B sticking so I imagine it's harder D:
It's only slightly, but this is something I've been working on for a bit.

Thanks guys. I'm really taking your advice into account already, as seen in the Jiggs match. Let's see how I do at my tournament today. :bee:

Cia

das kwl
that first kill on the first video was very sexy. i've tried B-stick Peach and it's pretty difficult, but i do believe that the best peach users will be the one's that master this so keep at it :D

just one thing (this may have been said)

- work on glide tossing out of turnip pulls. it's weird, but it makes peach sooo much faster on the ground and really helps her pressure game.

also, you use turnips pretty well.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I messed around with Glide Tossing without using the C Stick in some of the (very little) spare time I had recently. You know, as if I was B Sticking

It's actually not that hard to perform Glide Tosses, even the reverse ones. It does require a few extra inputs and it can be a bit dodgy sometimes (I'd put that down to my lack of practice) but I got all kinds of Glide Tossing pretty much nailed only using the control stick and A button

I highly recommend you get all the Glide Tossing stuff nailed if you're going to carry on B Sticking :) Might take a little while but it'll definitly be worth it as Glide Tossing increases your options with approaching and retreating

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's actually not that hard to perform Glide Tosses, even the reverse ones. It does require a few extra inputs and it can be a bit dodgy sometimes (I'd put that down to my lack of practice) but I got all kinds of Glide Tossing pretty much nailed only using the control stick and A button
But how Rick... :confused:

*stares at control in confusion*

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
But how Rick... :confused:

*stares at control in confusion*
It takes some getting used to but if you can get it down, I'm sure it'll help

Basically what you want to do is input the roll and then IMMEDIATLY input the Turnip throw

Let's say Peach is facing Left and you want to Glide Toss behind you. This would cause you to slide left and throw the Turnip behind you (to the right)

Input the left roll by pressing Shield and moving the control stick left. When you've done that, IMMEDIATLY push the joystick the other way and press A. You should slide left and throw the Turnip behind you to the right. Vice versa for the other way

You can even Glide Toss Turnips up and down (which you can do normally anyway). Give it a try and let me know if you get stuck :)

Moozle

Smash Champion
Yeah glide tossing takes some getting used to but it really helps linking your moves together

I liked the dropping of the turnips that you were doing...I need to do that more :dizzy:

Top Bottom