• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Woodstock(GA) Tournament for Brawl (Melee?) -- Sunday, June 28th LOW TIER DRAFT CREWS

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
When
Tourney starts on Sunday, June 28th.
Registration begins at noon.
Doubles will be played first, followed by singles.
Low Tier Draft crews last.

Where:
Rayku's House
624 Silver Trace Court
Woodstock, GA 30189

Contact Info:
Rayku: 678-457-6984
Zom~B: 770-595-4432

If you need housing, housing could definitely be arranged.
LOW TIER DRAFT CREWS PLANNED

Door fee: Free!
Entry fee: $10 for singles, $20 per team
Pot Split: 60/30/10

# Bring your own controller.
# Double elimination bracket.
# 3 Stocks.
# 8 minute timer.
# Items are set to "off" and "none".
# Set team attack to ON. (Doubles)
# Life Stealing is allowed. (Doubles)
# All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Sets are best of 5 for all "finals" matches.
# In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or by a coin flip.
# No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS or coin flip will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS/coinflip winner will get the last port.

# If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
# Falco's laser lock is banned.
# Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
# If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This rule also applies to, but is not limited to: Swallocides and cargocides.
# You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
# Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
# Excessive stalling is banned.
# Dedede's Standing chain grab infinite is banned. Wall infinites are still legal.

* Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Projectile camping is not considered stalling. Ledge camping is not considered stalling if the opponent is within range of punishing a return to the stage.

# Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
# Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overtime. Bowser's Klawcide, Swallocides, Cargocides, etc are exempt from this rule.
# Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
# Planking rule: If the time elapses and a player has more than 55 ledge grabs, that player loses the game. If both players have more than 55 ledge grabs, the winner is decided first by stock, and then by percentage.

Set Format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set.
3. The first stage will be selected by the stage striking process explained at the bottom of the post, or by random if both players agree.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Neutral Stage List or the Counterpick Stage List.
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches.

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Jungle Japes

All other stages are banned, unless both players agree to play on the stage.

The stage striking process:
1. Decide which player will strike first*. If a decision can't be made, the winner of either rock paper scissors, or a coin flip, will decide who strikes the first stage.
2. The first striker selects a stage from the neutrals to strike, and then the second. This process is then repeated.
3. Play your game on the remaining stage.
*Special Note: If only one player bans a neutral, that player strikes second.

FOR EXAMPLE:
Rayku and I are playing a set.

Between the two of us, we decide I will strike first.

The neutrals are: Battlefield, Final D, Lylat, Smashville, and Yoshi's.

I decide to strike Yoshi's.
Rayku decides to strike Final D.
I strike Smashville.
Rayku strikes Lylat Cruise.

We play our game on Battlefield.

It's simple.

Low Tier Draft Crews
Characters from "E" and "F" tier will be allowed. This means you may play:
Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

First and Second in the singles tournament will select players from the entrants in a 1221 manner. (Second place chooses first, then first place chooses two players, then second chooses two, and first chooses two and so forth until the last player)

IF THERE IS AN ODD NUMBER OF PLAYERS STOCKS WILL BE ADJUSTED ACCORDINGLY

All players are given 3 stocks.
All players must decide character beforehand.
First stage is selected randomly between Smashville and Battlefield.
First players are selected doubleblind.

After a game is played, the losing team selects someone to play and that player may elect to play on either smashville or battlefield or random. The winning player must remain the same character.

WINNERS OF THE CREW BATTLE RECEIVE EXTREME BRAGGING RIGHTS

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
wtf rules sux
i'm not going somewhere where i'm only allowed 6.875 ledge grabs / minute

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^ pit main of course =P... hehe xD jk...

fix the rules some a little.

Umby

Smash Master
Can you not come after ? D:
It'd really be hard to find a ride at the time. If I were able to come by noon, I could probably get Lounis to get me, but in the afternoon/evening, even if my parents were at their most generous, Sunday is chill day for my family after church (assuming we go). I could say "Hi mom, let's go to early service so I can play Smash all day!" but that doesn't look too good on me.

That and I wouldn't intentionally go to early service just for you guys.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
It'd really be hard to find a ride at the time. If I were able to come by noon, I could probably get Lounis to get me, but in the afternoon/evening, even if my parents were at their most generous, Sunday is chill day for my family after church (assuming we go). I could say "Hi mom, let's go to early service so I can play Smash all day!" but that doesn't look too good on me.

That and I wouldn't intentionally go to early service just for you guys.
Lounis has to work most the day... maybe he can pick you up after his work and we could hold off some of the tourney for you guys?

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I wanna come to this **** soo bad but i wont get back from florida until around 4 on sunday :(

****it

Rayku

Smash Lord
I wanna come to this **** soo bad but i wont get back from florida until around 4 on sunday :(

****it
Seriously, come anyway. Like, we may not be able to keep you in the tournament, but we'll definitely hold some after events and such just for fun.

Seriously, the more the merrier! If anything, this is still at my house, and my smashfest will by no means end on this Sunday.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ok, lets do a quick if/then equation.

If zelda is low tier in brawl, then dogy more-than-likely will not show up.

If zelda is not low tier in brawl, then dogy will not show up.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Ok, lets do a quick if/then equation.

If zelda is low tier in brawl, then dogy more-than-likely will not show up.

If zelda is not low tier in brawl, then dogy will not show up.

I also will do a quick if/then equation.

If Fox is low tier in brawl, then FullMetal might show up.

If Fox is not low tier in brawl, then FullMetal more than likely will not show up.

Thats just my 2 cents.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
well I'm coming to this and hopefully bringing Reflex, Calvin, and Dogysamich *there goes 1st and 2nd place XD*
I'm bringing a melee setup
any objections O_o?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ok, well apparently I have a new equation.

The chances of me showing up are directly proportional to the chances of calvin and luis showing up.

The chances of my showing up are inversely proportional to the chances of me seeing Star Fox again.

:(

Star Fox

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, come anyway. Like, we may not be able to keep you in the tournament, but we'll definitely hold some after events and such just for fun.

Seriously, the more the merrier! If anything, this is still at my house, and my smashfest will by no means end on this Sunday.
Awesome. Im pretty sure that I'll be coming to this now around 6-7ish

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Sunday...it's a maybe.

GAWD why can't anything be on like, a Friday or something? That way I won't have I need a ride back for Summer School Johns.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Hmmm.... IDK if I can stay for the end of singles then. I have to leave by 11:10. Why not start the teams at 1 or 2?

Also, I think the D tier characters should be added in the low tier tourney, too :).

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hopefully we can get some kind of turnout in general for this.

People should head over now.

D0N

Smash Ace
I want to record sets against everyone so i may come for that and the low tier thing if its free, but im not gonna enter anything because I dont have 10$ to spare.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm not expecting anything serious turnout wise.

Therefore entry will be $5. I don't know why ZOM~B thought I could get a decent enough size less than a week in advance to merit a $10 tournament.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
yeaaah I figured since there was no door fee it wouldn't be a big deal. Evidently we're not really getting any kind of big turnout though, so it definitely won't be $10. I'll be there in probably 30 mins or so.

D0N

Smash Ace
I'll be there, possibly Art dude too. I dont know when. But even if its 5$ my issue is I have 1$ on hand and I checked my account and it has 10$... At the moment all I really have is a full tank of gas until my paycheck comes through :(.

So its not that I dont want to enter, its more like unless someone wants to sponser me I can't enter lol. Sponsering means ill play my best and you take what I win, but your paying my entry too.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Brawl Teams Results

1) Rayku + Lv9 Luigi ($10.00)
2) Billy + lv9 Mario ($0.00)

Brawl Singles Results:

1) ZOM~B ($5.00)
1) Rayku ($5.00)
1) Billy ($5.00)

Top 3 split for first. Thanks to everyone who could come.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I would have came but I didn't see the thread =(
You didn't see this thread?

You didn't see my thread in the Gentleman's Club about my 3-week long smashfest?

You haven't seen my posts and links to said smashfest in the Waba thread?

I can understand that people didn't really want to come. I didn't expect much of a turnout. But I only had two people at max come for a "tourney time." That's 1/4 the amount of people that I had the first day of my smashfest.

Player-1

Smash Legend
You didn't see this thread?

You didn't see my thread in the Gentleman's Club about my 3-week long smashfest?

You haven't seen my posts and links to said smashfest in the Waba thread?

I can understand that people didn't really want to come. I didn't expect much of a turnout. But I only had two people at max come for a "tourney time." That's 1/4 the amount of people that I had the first day of my smashfest.
I just go straight to the waba thread =p

Top Bottom