• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's DAC

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
Hey wolf users. I think we need to have a thread on just wolf's boost smash. Don't even say use the search button to me, because I tryed but Vbulletin is garbage. I am curious though, my other main is snake, and I can consitently mortar slide with him, yet I can't even gets wolfs pulled off. What is wolfs boost smash timing compared to that? So basically, do you have to execute the DAC (Dash down on c stick up on cstick simultaneous to grab), faster then snakes mortar slide, or slower ?thankyou

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
That's a cute little comment assualt. I saw that thread b4 and it didn't help. ArcPoint actually adressed my question. I knew by posting this, it would be inevitable that a witty sarcastic scrub like you would have to post that. Kthnxbi

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
That's a cute little comment assualt. I saw that thread b4 and it didn't help. ArcPoint actually adressed my question. I knew by posting this, it would be inevitable that a witty sarcastic scrub like you would have to post that. Kthnxbi
Then I guess that I, being "a witty little sarcastic scrub" must have misread the OP. Sorry.

In that case, ArcPoint's correct. Wolf has one of the more difficult boost smashes to perform compared to the other characters. Falco's is also one of the hard ones, but its easier to perform than Wolf's so it's a good idea to practice with him first.

Still, simple, one-answer-only questions like this one should have been in the Q&A thread, unless you can provide a reason we need yet another DACUS thread.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I've asked this same question on the simple question sticky thread. It's a great read, but anyway I think it was Captain Sa10 who told me it was a .3 second difference between when you first hit c down to when you hit up and grab at the same time. I find it easier to flick the c stick and hit up at the same time and jam my grab button (which is mapped to R for me) after since my fingers seem to miss time themselves that way. Works for me though, try if you want.

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
Still, simple, one-answer-only questions like this one should have been in the Q&A thread, unless you can provide a reason we need yet another DACUS thread.
Wow the reason I didn't put this in the q&a thread is because we don't even have a good DACUS thread. Hence me saying that we should make an offical one in the first part of my post.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
In that case, ArcPoint's correct. Wolf has one of the more difficult boost smashes to perform compared to the other characters. Falco's is also one of the hard ones, but its easier to perform than Wolf's so it's a good idea to practice with him first.
Is Wolf's one hard? That would explain why my friend can't get it.

I never had any problems learning to execute boost smashes with anyone besides Sheik (which was the first one I learned).

TheTickleMonster

Smash Rookie
I shield, spotdodge, and airdodge with L, so i set grab to R. This makes the DAC easier to pull off for me (a trigger is alot bigger than the Z button). the order is odd, but easy with practice.

While Dashing forward, hit the c stick down, and while still holding it down, quickly depress Grab, and up on the directional stick SIMULTANEOUSLY.

If you held down the cstick the whole time, the DAC is nice, or you can shorten it by letting up on the cstick sooner. Also, remember that the easiest way to hit up on the directional stick right when need to is to roll it upwards from the direction you originally tilted to start the dash that you are canceling into this DAC.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
The DAC gets longer by how long you hold the C stick down?

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
DAC is tricky at first, but its all muscle memory. It not snake-like-easy but its simple to master.

@Dv8tor do goes farther the longer you hold the charge I believe, I think it goes half of FD if I remember correctly.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I know it does by the charge, but Ticklemonster said it goes farther by holding down the C stick, anyone else tried that?

Evenkor

Smash Cadet
I just want to make sure; I can make this work on a Classic controller, right? Would it be any more difficult in that case?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
All you need is a Up and Grab input, as well as some attack button (To initiate the dash attack)

I still don't know how the crap up and grab charges a Usmash, but whatever works.

And I use both of my shield buttons... R for mostly everything, L for airdodging and canceling a dash with a shield.

Evenkor

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I've been thinking about switching from Lucario to Wolf for a while now. Lucario's just a bit slow for my tastes, and I've never been able to beat anyone with him. I just picked up Wolf for the first time in ~6 months, and beat my friends with him.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've been thinking about switching from Lucario to Wolf for a while now. Lucario's just a bit slow for my tastes, and I've never been able to beat anyone with him. I just picked up Wolf for the first time in ~6 months, and beat my friends with him.
Question, what does this have to do with the DAC?

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
I shield, spotdodge, and airdodge with L, so i set grab to R. This makes the DAC easier to pull off for me (a trigger is alot bigger than the Z button). the order is odd, but easy with practice.

While Dashing forward, hit the c stick down, and while still holding it down, quickly depress Grab, and up on the directional stick SIMULTANEOUSLY.

If you held down the cstick the whole time, the DAC is nice, or you can shorten it by letting up on the cstick sooner. Also, remember that the easiest way to hit up on the directional stick right when need to is to roll it upwards from the direction you originally tilted to start the dash that you are canceling into this DAC.
wat do u mean by depress....so that means while holding up (on the control stick or c-stick?? which one???) and the grab....u do the dash and c-stick down...or is it the other way around? im lost all of the sudden...

wish someone could do a tutorial vid

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
No he meant make it feel bad about itself so it did what you wanted it to.

Really though, initiate the dash (meaning the run) then when you want to do the DAC you hit down on the C stick to begin your dash attack and almost immediately after hit up and grab to cancel your dash attack and perform an up smash, hold down the grab button to charge it and slide longer. Hence the name Dash Cancel Up Smash. DACUS, DAC for short.

tekkie

Smash Master
So, what parts of the animations are the ideal timings on? I'm having some issues doing this consistently, and slowing it down in Training just makes it impossible.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I find it easiest for me to judge by my C stick. When I flick the stick it returns to neutral, I hit up and grab exactly when my C stick reaches the neutral position. It might be like I said before where it's just my fingers miss timing themselves but it's worth a try.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Best advice would probably be to get a GC controller, but Ishieymoro does it so good luck, the wiichuck just has too many akward buttons for me.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I don't boost smash :( but yeah, it's a LOT easier on GC for me, and you can't charge it on wiichuck unless you set C to grab or something...

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
It's very easy on wiichuck, make the cross to the C-stick and it's should work even better than on the GC-Controller.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It's very easy on wiichuck, make the cross to the C-stick and it's should work even better than on the GC-Controller.
That's what they say, but it's just more of a pain for me. What do you set to grab with this configuration though, and you have to tap down then up on the d-pad only, right?

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
That's what they say, but it's just more of a pain for me. What do you set to grab with this configuration though, and you have to tap down then up on the d-pad only, right?
I agree with Ishey....how do u do it then...if its easy wats the buttons for it...

tekkie

Smash Master
I always wondered if there was some weird button combination that makes it easy.

If 1 is set to grab, I guess I'd give it a shot. Seems awkward, though.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I always wondered if there was some weird button combination that makes it easy.

If 1 is set to grab, I guess I'd give it a shot. Seems awkward, though.
Yeah, I set 1 to grab (and 2 for good measure, all you need with wolf is side taunt). It's awkward... I wish - could be set to something, but I suppose you can set C to grab if you don't use it to jump.

TheTickleMonster

Smash Rookie
If you want help with DACs on a wiimote, talk to a guy named Ultimate Razer. He has been winning tourneys left and right here in Texas, and he uses only wiimote. The reason i mention him is because he uses snake, and is retardedly awesome at DACing.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Snake is possible for me, but only when the dash attack connects. I'll ask hiim about it though, thanks TickleMonster.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
If you want help with DACs on a wiimote, talk to a guy named Ultimate Razer. He has been winning tourneys left and right here in Texas, and he uses only wiimote. The reason i mention him is because he uses snake, and is retardedly awesome at DACing.
Ultimate Razer huh??? using only the wiimote wow thats skill.

Snake is possible for me, but only when the dash attack connects. I'll ask hiim about it though, thanks TickleMonster.
Ishey, if u can do u think its possible to start a thread that pertains to how the perfom the DACUS using each controller correctly? That is if Ultimate Razer wants to help out with it?

Might b stickied of good enough i think

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Ishey, if u can do u think its possible to start a thread that pertains to how the perfom the DACUS using each controller correctly? That is if Ultimate Razer wants to help out with it?

Might b stickied of good enough i think
Well, maybe in the tactical boards or something. I'll definitely make one if I feel I ever have enough information to do so though.

:059:

Top Bottom