• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's an odd one.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
Because he has the most fur, I always thought he'd be the most flammable of the furries in Brawl (aside from Lucario, but that's not exactly fair, because Lucario is a steel type), because he has a little clothing and a lot of fur.

But in his up special, Fire Wolf, he DOESN'T EVEN CATCH FIRE. What's up with that?

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
If I remember correctly, steel had a weakness to fire.

Plus his up-b isn't called fire wolf I don't think...

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
which i have always thought is incredibly dumb.

the animation isn't fire, it's wind, and calling it fire wolf makes no sense. i think someone just got lazy and was copying the pattern from fox/falco rather than actually checking it.

§witch

Smash Lord
Nope, considering the game was put back a year, you'd think they could come up with something more creative. BUT NO, "fire wolf". Worst name ever.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
It's called "Fire Wolf" for a different reason. Rather than being named after the actual combustibility properties, it's named because whoever decided to make this move deal 9 damage should have been instantly fired and sent to work on Sonic games.

(even then, I think Falco would be more flammable than Wolf because feathers are lighter and less dense than fur, and would probably catch on fire faster.)

*watches Wolf running past with his tail on fire, yelping.*

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
just feed him curry, then you'll see some flames xP

but seriously, i think the community should rename it o.o

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
my vote is for

Zephyr Strike

zephyr means strong blast of wind for those who don't know.

so far the options are that, or

Wolf Launcher
Thunder Wolf
Wolf Bolt
Chrono Wolf
Hurricane Kick

yes, i vetoed a couple, and added a few that i made up, but i think that list represents the best named so far. of course not counting the unbeatable FALCON KICK!

P.s. all in favor of making a poll now using those as the options? *raises hand*

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
yeah someone make a poll thread itll be funny id still add falcon kick>.> just for giggles

D

Deleted member

Personally, I like the Japanese site's name of Trigger Wolf... rolls off the tongue...

but I'd vote for Falcon Kick :D

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolf93

Smash Apprentice
belfast but orginally from the Isle of Man
my vote is for

Zephyr Strike

zephyr means strong blast of wind for those who don't know.

so far the options are that, or

Wolf Launcher
Thunder Wolf
Wolf Bolt
Chrono Wolf
Hurricane Kick

yes, i vetoed a couple, and added a few that i made up, but i think that list represents the best named so far. of course not counting the unbeatable FALCON KICK!

P.s. all in favor of making a poll now using those as the options? *raises hand*
hey ya forgot Lupine Kick

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
heh, sorry, it just has too many hard syllables for my taste, it doesn't really roll of the tongue easily. >.>

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Guys guys guys...

There is only one unofficial name that's good for this move.

And that's BUSTAH WOLF!!

COME ON, COME ON! GET SERIOUS!

Top Bottom