• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolfs amazing Bdacus

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Hello guys, i will take adventage of this post to introduce myself too. You see, im not really unfamiliar with these forums, I just lurk like many other people haha, im pretty good with wolf, and ive wondered why i havent seen a single video of someone using Bdacus out, so i actually decided to get "inside" the community, and share knowledge about wolf stuff.

To start, Bdacus, in wolfs case, it doesnt have a distance diference from normal Dacus if i can recall, nevertheless, its speed is insane if you combine it with any other move, coming out from the fact that it starts at frame 1, and that you DONT need to be running, for example ive used it with a retreating fair, if you buffer the Bdacus, your movement will change from going backwards, to forward, having a pretty safe zone since the air mobility is so good with this character, there are so many things this move is capable of doing, but so far ive only seen falcos doing it, in fact, here in Costa Rica all the falcos i know use this tech.

So, what do you guys think about it?

Choice

Smash Champion
i think the big issue with bdacus is that it can only be used when facing forward and a lot of times wolf is facing backwards.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Well Bdacus isnt a move you can freely spam, or else your opponent will just shield and punish you, but you could use a few in a battle, in fact you can even buffer it after a Bair, if your oponent is infront, it gives a pretty good surprise

Another tactic ive found useful is using Bdacus after making an autocancelled Fair out of a ledge jump, its just so hard to pull off, but comes out very quickly.

Wolf just faces backwards when you bair camp, a lot of the times wolf is firing lazers or fighting with Fairs.... at least retreating ones...

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Well Bdacus isnt a move you can freely spam, or else your opponent will just shield and punish you, but you could use a few in a battle, in fact you can even buffer it after a Bair, if your oponent is infront, it gives a pretty good surprise

Another tactic ive found useful is using Bdacus after making an autocancelled Fair out of a ledge jump, its just so hard to pull off, but comes out very quickly.

Wolf just faces backwards when you bair camp, a lot of the times wolf is firing lazers or fighting with Fairs.... at least retreating ones...
could bdacus be used to cancel landing penalty?

D

Deleted member

Could someone explain how you actually perform a Bdacus?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Welcome to the Wolf boards Zync! :)

How much extra distance does Wolf get from a bdacus compared to the regular dacus? The one thing I was a bit worried about when people first started talking about the bdacus was that since it's so fast, you're still moving in between the first and second hits so it will be easier for the opponent to DI out after the first hit. Has that been a problem for you?

:059:

Zync

Smash Journeyman
In terms of distance, to make an example, whenever i did the Bdacus out of a full retreating Fair, the last hit of the usmash comes exactly where you pulled your Fair, pretty handy xD.

In my case ive only tried to pull this thing off while having friendlies or on practice mode, its still hard for me to do it perfectly, as the timing differs from each atack, but its definitively something we should put the effort into.

I wonder, it could be helpfull to run away from slow characters hahaha, like after Bairing snake, you buffer that thing and poof! you are at the other side of the stage hahaha.

Auspher, Bdacus is done by, pressing the stick to the left and the C stick up at the same frame, then quickly push C upwards again, all of this in the last 10 frames of any animation, even snake can do it after pulling out a grenade :o

Laem

Smash Champion
wolfs bdacus is relatively useless
i mean, regular dacus is just as good
trufax

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
No, pivot walking seems utterly useless to me, but bdacus on the other hand seems handy.
Is there an easier way to perform this? Or some sort of advice?
I've tried countless times but i can never seem to get the timing right.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
wolfs bdacus is relatively useless
i mean, regular dacus is just as good
trufax
the main problem i have with bdacus is that it forces you to commit to something while a regular dacus can be done in reaction to something.

anything that wolf has that combos into bdacus will also combo into normal dacus as well

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Sync did you forget your other account?
Not really, I just didnt like the name i had chosen xD (still Sync wasnt avaliable sooo....), besides i didnt comment about anything, so im here again =D

An easier tech for Bdacus? not that i know of, its really hard, but with some practice you can pull it off, the easiest move to pull Bdacus from is dodge, but its the most useless.

Castor, i doubt they are the same, you cant do Dacus out of a retreating Fair, since you need to be actually running to perform a regular Dacus, and that takes some frames away.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Not really, I just didnt like the name i choose xD, besides i didnt comment about anything, so im here again =D

An easier tech for Bdacus? not that i know of, its really hard, but with some practice you can pull it off, the easiest move to pull Bdacus from is dodge, but its the most useless.

Castor, i doubt they are the same, you cant do Dacus out of a retreating Fair, since you need to be actually running to perform a regular Dacus, and that takes some frames away.
i'm just saying the extra 5 frames that bdacus gives you doesn't help wolf in any way. Any "combo" wolf might have with bdacus can also be hit with a regular dacus as well. Sure bdacus might be a few frames faster, but wolf seriously doesn't get helped much in any way by those frames.

i just cant think of a scenario where bdacus is actually "better" than dacus

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i'm just saying the extra 5 frames that bdacus gives you doesn't help wolf in any way. Any "combo" wolf might have with bdacus can also be hit with a regular dacus as well. Sure bdacus might be a few frames faster, but wolf seriously doesn't get helped much in any way by those frames.

i just cant think of a scenario where bdacus is actually "better" than dacus
Only one I can think of is out of a dthrow. Because people who dont tech it won't even have the time they normally do to roll or get up attack when you regular dacus.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it can even combo, if i recall correctly, once i was messing around with Dthrows and Bdacus, the combo counter of training mode actually counted a 3 hit combo on certain percentages, often 40-50%

castorpollux

Smash Champion
if you try it with a normal dacus, it will count as a "combo" in training mode

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Its not that fast though, and not "ensured", you cant start a dash and make the whole Dacus thing in 1 frame any time you want, Bdacus is just more handy, in this kind of situation, just get creative ;D

D

Deleted member

I cant even normal Dacus so thiers on way ill be able to do this (nunchuck)
Luminoth taught me how to do this at the tournament this past weekend. I actually find it easier to perform than Dacus. And it's REALLY fast.

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
Luminoth taught me how to do this at the tournament this past weekend. I actually find it easier to perform than Dacus. And it's REALLY fast.
EH Idk I just gotta get the timing right I can do it with link and snake their the only two I can do it with so far :/

D

Deleted member

Lumi does a spot dodge, and right when Wolf's head is at the lowest point, you hit forward and up on the c stick twice at the same time.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Good that you learnt on a dodge, but now try it with another atack, including blaster, its pretty neat xD, even from the ledge recoveryes, Bdacus is.... just nobody expects wolf jumpin at that speed o_o

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Speaking of Luminoth, where's he been?

And I think I might actually be buffering my regular DACUSes, because there's no charging noise/glow/whatever at all @_@

Choice

Smash Champion
you cant buffer dacus without inputting it a different way.

Choice

Smash Champion
also i thought what jj said was true. everything bdacus can do for wolf, dacus already does except i guess on the follow ups which arent guaranteed bdacus is harder to avoid.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I actually think Bdacus is 100x times harder than regular dacus, but that might be my case xD, im still practicing it from Fairs T_T

Choice

Smash Champion
well can anyone come out with any vids or data stating what is guaranteed with bdacus? or does anyone want to volunteer coming up with this stuff? i personally think most wolf players could be working on other things though. like this should prolly come later on as far as what to implement (if it ever is to be implemented)

Bead

Smash Ace
well can anyone come out with any vids or data stating what is guaranteed with bdacus? or does anyone want to volunteer coming up with this stuff? i personally think most wolf players could be working on other things though. like this should prolly come later on as far as what to implement (if it ever is to be implemented)
Totally agree with you. Technical skill only goes so far.
Learning to read better and just be an all around better player is what needs to be worked on.
You could be one of the slowest fingers around and still be able to read ppl and win.
For example melee. You might be faster with the tech and all that but it doesnt matter if i can read you and just shield>>punish

Also I have to add that recognizing Wolf's weaknesses and making those reducing those weaknesses is also something to be worked on.

We are just human

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Also I have to add that recognizing Wolf's weaknesses and making those reducing those weaknesses is also something to be worked on.
Agreed. The most important knowledge in Brawl is the fundamentals of knowing your movesets, mechanics, and being able to read your opponent / make it hard for them to read you. Always has been, always will be :3

@Choice: I'm interested in finding frame hacks so I can test charge-release frames and DACUS frames and some other stuff like that... but don't really know how to set it all up and don't have the time as of now :< But yeah, there's TONS of stuff we could and should be doing to advance Wolf's metagame.

D

Deleted member

Now I'm successfully pulling it off in the heat of battle. Beat a Pikachu using it.

<3 Bdacus.

Choice

Smash Champion
Agreed. The most important knowledge in Brawl is the fundamentals of knowing your movesets, mechanics, and being able to read your opponent / make it hard for them to read you. Always has been, always will be :3

@Choice: I'm interested in finding frame hacks so I can test charge-release frames and DACUS frames and some other stuff like that... but don't really know how to set it all up and don't have the time as of now :< But yeah, there's TONS of stuff we could and should be doing to advance Wolf's metagame.

*SECRET INFORMATION THAT CANNOT BE DISCUSSED ON SWF*

Ish edit: Yeah I'll talk to you about this over AIM or Facebook or something lol, but much appreciated :3

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys anyone actually tried to make a Bdacus out of the reversed foxtrotting animation?, that would be a RFTBDACUS cool huh? xD

Choice

Smash Champion
you cant bdacus in the opposite direction, which is what i think you're talkin about.

Top Bottom