• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolfs amazing Bdacus

Zync

Smash Journeyman
No you cant, but hypothetically, the reversed foxtrot animation makes you face back again, so u could do a Bdacus there.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
So im thinking these things so far(or atleast what I want to try out) that seem useful:

D-Throw>Laser BDacus- I'm actually not to sure how fast the Dacus comes out behind the laser, but if it's a reasonable enough speed it should cover most of their options after a D throw.

Retreating Fair BDacus- Seems hella tight. IMO, seems like a pretty boss way of baiting with Fair.

I wanted to say something about shine Bdacus, but I don't know how that would work out. Seems it'd be a bit odd.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
So im thinking these things so far(or atleast what I want to try out) that seem useful:

D-Throw>Laser BDacus- I'm actually not to sure how fast the Dacus comes out behind the laser, but if it's a reasonable enough speed it should cover most of their options after a D throw.

Retreating Fair BDacus- Seems hella tight. IMO, seems like a pretty boss way of baiting with Fair.

I wanted to say something about shine Bdacus, but I don't know how that would work out. Seems it'd be a bit odd.
haha thanks dude im learning how to do these and I got ma shine bdacus the first try :D

I just did a Dsmash>Bdacus lol

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Dsmash>Bdacus at low percents sounds like hella easy, and good damage.

How was Shine bdacus? Did it look useful? Because if what i've got cooking in my noggan is correct, then it makes interrupting with shine during combo's even more useful.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's bdacus isn't very useful
It's all just gimmicks; we don't really have a guaranteed combo with it. Maybe bair bdacus at low percents.

If you're gonna be gimmicky, regular dacus is just as nice.

TMT

Smash Rookie
Wolf's bdacus isn't very useful
Maybe bair bdacus at low percents.
you can't bdacus in the opposite direction. and using bair in hope of a hit with the hitbox in front of him is to dangerous.
I also think, that wolfs bdacus is kinda useless. in some situations it may help, but overall not very much.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
I would've sworn there was another bDACUS thread out on these boards...

Buffer Reverse DACUS:

You can perform a bDACUS in the opposite direction if you first buffer a reverse dash. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtUo7jOGGU&feature=sub. I've been asking to see if anyone could test the viability of FF Bair -> buffered reverse DACUS, but no results yet. I'm unable to perform the buffered reverse dash myself (left thumb doesn't move fast enough) so I can't confirm it.

If you want to test it, it would go:
  • Bair
  • Analog stick towards opponent (turnaround)
  • Analog stick down (crouch)
  • Analog stick toward + C stick up (dash attack)
  • C stick up (USmash)

Note that diagonals are usable. As in, you can do analog stick towards + down instead of just towards for the dash.

Honestly, it will be guaranteed at certain percents, but I wanted to see how big the percent window was AND if it was guaranteed after a perfectly tippered Bair. Current Bair combos require that the Bair be poorly spaced.

Furthermore, I wanted to see if the bDACUS would be a viable followup mixup after Bairing someone's shield. Right now, Wolf lacks a good shield pressure followup to Bair. Since most people are trained not to immediately attack after shielding a Bair (they'll whiff and Wolf can punish), you often see people hold shield longer (if they think you're fishing for Fsmash on shield drop) or just drop it altogether. In theory, bDACUS can cover both of those scenarios. Can you imagine shield poking or shield breaking consistently after FF Bairs? *drool*

bDACUS Uses:

Someone has confirmed that you can bDACUS after an unteched Dthrow at certain percents. Its guaranteed if there is no tech.

Shield drop to bDACUS is awesome, as is shield drop to buffered jump canceled hyphen USmash (if you don't jump cancel it becomes a dash attack), for punishment. There should be no reason to punish with FSmash OoS ever.

Hey, if I can bDACUS OoS every 5 or so tries, someone actually good should be able to do it 100% of the time.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I would've sworn there was another bDACUS thread out on these boards...

Buffer Reverse DACUS:

You can perform a bDACUS in the opposite direction if you first buffer a reverse dash. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtUo7jOGGU&feature=sub. I've been asking to see if anyone could test the viability of FF Bair -> buffered reverse DACUS, but no results yet. I'm unable to perform the buffered reverse dash myself (left thumb doesn't move fast enough) so I can't confirm it.

If you want to test it, it would go:
  • Bair
  • Analog stick towards opponent (turnaround)
  • Analog stick down (crouch)
  • Analog stick toward + C stick up (dash attack)
  • C stick up (USmash)

Note that diagonals are usable. As in, you can do analog stick towards + down instead of just towards for the dash.

Honestly, it will be guaranteed at certain percents, but I wanted to see how big the percent window was AND if it was guaranteed after a perfectly tippered Bair. Current Bair combos require that the Bair be poorly spaced.

Furthermore, I wanted to see if the bDACUS would be a viable followup mixup after Bairing someone's shield. Right now, Wolf lacks a good shield pressure followup to Bair. Since most people are trained not to immediately attack after shielding a Bair (they'll whiff and Wolf can punish), you often see people hold shield longer (if they think you're fishing for Fsmash on shield drop) or just drop it altogether. In theory, bDACUS can cover both of those scenarios. Can you imagine shield poking or shield breaking consistently after FF Bairs? *drool*

bDACUS Uses:

Someone has confirmed that you can bDACUS after an unteched Dthrow at certain percents. Its guaranteed if there is no tech.

Shield drop to bDACUS is awesome, as is shield drop to buffered jump canceled hyphen USmash (if you don't jump cancel it becomes a dash attack), for punishment. There should be no reason to punish with FSmash OoS ever.

Hey, if I can bDACUS OoS every 5 or so tries, someone actually good should be able to do it 100% of the time.
Ah! This is the data I was looking for. So a basic shoryuken input can make for a nice little shortcut(me likey :) ). I knew you could reverse the dacus, just was unsure of the motions. And im also glad that you can confirm D throw to bDacus since it helps confirm that firing a laser afterwards can possibly net me a free Dacus(which I assume would work even better if they teched).

As far as mix-ups go it does harden his pressure game up. My mix-ups used to be pretty unorthodox so I won't list mine, but I can see some serious shield pressure.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Makes all other Wolf techs look easy in comparison. And as I said, my left thumb doesn't move nearly fast enough.

If it helps, in theory the turnaround input can be held at a diagonal before the 10 frame buffer. You then need to move it to crouch at the very start of the buffer (at like the 1st or 2nd frame) and then do the bDACUS motion (which even I can do in 7 frames given enough tries).

If you do the second C stick up a little after the buffer but early enough for the dash attack to cancel, it should still be doable. That gives you a little more than 10 frames in theory.

Random note, if a Dedede ever masters the buffer reverse pivot grab, the Dedede vs Wolf matchup becomes impossible. Infinite standing CG. It'll be like fighting the Ice Climbers, except you can't separate them, their traction is way better, and they have double grab range.

JCav

Smash Lord
Analog stick towards opponent (turnaround)
Analog stick down (crouch)
Analog stick toward + C stick up (dash attack)
C stick up (USmash)
1. You can use diagonal for the bold step too, correct?
2. C stick up input in that step MUST be done the same time as the toward input? Or is it like regular DACUS where the control stick must be returned to the neutral position before the c stick input?

Sorry for all the questions, I wanna get this, I think I'll post a video if I can just do it lol

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
From http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291214&page=3

Great news guys, you can indeed use shortcuts:

Using numerical pad notation:
- What you need: 4, 2, 4, 6+Z
- Easiest input: 1, 2, 1, 2, 3+Z

Yay for SF4 background :D
That's for the buffered pivot grab. Since the 3 input for them does not cause a Dtilt (I think grabbing when crouching cause a Dtilt at least), I'm under the assumption that Wolf can do 1, 2, 1 + Cup, Cup. Frame by frame would be best for confirmation though.

As for the Cstick up input, regular DACUS doesn't need to be in neutral position. I've done regular DACUS by dashing using diagonal toward and up and just holding it for the duration of the move. I said to do toward and Cstick up mainly to reduce frames. You can technically do it after the dash.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I knew I wasn't going insane when I used SF4 shortcuts for my DACUS's. Good to know now.

In fact, I pulled a few off earlier today. The shortcuts work as stated, I just need to try the reverse options.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
By pulled a few off, do you mean buffered reverse DACUS? Or just buffered reverse dash? If it's the former, vids please.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
By pulled a few off, do you mean buffered reverse DACUS? Or just buffered reverse dash? If it's the former, vids please.
This is too small a post to be SP. You're not him. Back in the day he posted entire pages worth of Wall of Texts :troll:.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I was expecting a wall-o-text as well xD.

Tis indeed the buffered reverse DACUS, which at first came out as a buffered reverse dash do too bad timing, but eventually I got the hang of it. If I had a working camera I'd be able to post it up. It might be awhile before I can get a working one so I'd say the best thing to do is try it out first.

The inputs aren't far off from the buffered reverse dash which will net a DACUS if you put the C stick Ups in after the initial inputs.

I'll do some more testing later today, but trust me, it's not too hard once you get the timing down. shortcuts help ALOT.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
Could you please confirm perfectly spaced retreating FF Bair into buffered reverse DACUS as a combo?

And if you have a practice buddy, please test perfectly spaced retreating FF Bair on shield to buffered reverse DACUS. Does it shield poke? Shield break? Can they grab you after shielding the first hit (not sure if you get behind them in time)?

Damn I wish I could perform it.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Could you please confirm perfectly spaced retreating FF Bair into buffered reverse DACUS as a combo?

And if you have a practice buddy, please test perfectly spaced retreating FF Bair on shield to buffered reverse DACUS. Does it shield poke? Shield break? Can they grab you after shielding the first hit (not sure if you get behind them in time)?

Damn I wish I could perform it.
Okie doke. So as far as the BRDACUS request above:

-Perfectly spaced retreating FF Bair combo's into the dacus. I missed it once or twice, but was probably do to improper spacing(which is funny since this isn't hard to miss). Lower percents made for a quick, and easy combo with some good setup potential behind it.

My practice buddy wasn't very decent, but good enough to test:

On Shields:
- It's not bad for shield poking. It puts you pretty close afterwards though. If they keep the shield up through all of it then they're is usually a decent amount of spaced created after the Up smash so it can be character specific as far as safety goes. Being grabbed afterwards seemed plausible.
- I never got a shield break to happen, but im sure if the shield has been beaten on a bit it could potentially shield break.
- It depends really. They take a risk of being hit if they drop the shield(but, as I said, my practice partner wasn't the best so it maybe possible). Although the close you are after the Bair the more likely you'll just skid past them.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
It...combos? No airdodging possible? *Woflgasm* This should be a required AT for any Wolf main. I wonder if its doable on reaction.

I'm a bit saddened about it on shield though. I'm pretty sure USmash can be shieldgrabbed after the first hit, so if it doesn't cross over it in time it isn't safe. I guess spacing slightly closer against opponents with more traction might do the trick, but then it isn't spammable after Bairs as I hoped. :(

That it doesn't poke or break shields consistently (Donkey Kong might be an exception) is a bigger letdown. I guess you have to Bair an already smaller shield for the USmash to really do anything to it. Sigh. Good to have in your bag of tricks if the opponent gets too shield happy I guess.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
It...combos? No airdodging possible? *Woflgasm* This should be a required AT for any Wolf main. I wonder if its doable on reaction.

I'm a bit saddened about it on shield though. I'm pretty sure USmash can be shieldgrabbed after the first hit, so if it doesn't cross over it in time it isn't safe. I guess spacing slightly closer against opponents with more traction might do the trick, but then it isn't spammable after Bairs as I hoped. :(

That it doesn't poke or break shields consistently (Donkey Kong might be an exception) is a bigger letdown. I guess you have to Bair an already smaller shield for the USmash to really do anything to it. Sigh. Good to have in your bag of tricks if the opponent gets too shield happy I guess.
Lol yea it was pretty boss when I got used to it. They can only airdodge out at higher percents. The move itself comes out pretty fast so the combo is almost always going to happen. The shield portion is a bit crappy seeing as how it can cost us if the Retreating Bair is perfectly spaced. As far as breaking shields then it needs to be worn down before the Usmash breaks it. I'm sure you can poke with it by whiffing the bair a bit so the distance afterwards just gives the second hit or so(which is a tad safer).

Reaction wise it's a bit hard, but if your fingers are used to the motion then it'll be as easy as AA'ing with a shoryuken in SSF4.

TMT

Smash Rookie
I think he's dashing, than he doe's another dash input, than a dash input in the other direction (like dashdancing) and than the dacus. > > < dacus

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There are characters who can't shield grab you if you Usmash their backs ... I'm pretty sure of it. If you cross-up bair them without getting punished for it you might be able to safely BDacus his shield.

I'll probably start learning it and look deeper into it.

:059:

masegoats

Smash Rookie
Sooo...I'm fairly new to the game of brawl and especially wolf and even these forums (I'm Noobish :D) and don't know how to start any of these fancy button combos or dacus or Bdacus so I guess what I'm askin' is how do I preform these awesome moves? and use them most effectivly?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well... DACUS (dash-attack cancelled up-smash) might not be the first thing to try if you're pretty new to the game, but the input is as follows:

1) dash in a direction
2) press A or the cstick in a direction that isn't up to perform a dash attack
3) during that dash attack, there is a small window where you can input an upsmash to cancel the dash attack while retaining your current momentum. Perform an usmash during this time to slide forward while performing an usmash ;D

What bdacus is, is basically buffering a DACUS. Buffering is when you input things within the 10 frames before you can take the action. Doing this makes it so that you can perform the action from the input at the first possible moment, basically giving you an instantaneous DACUS.

masegoats

Smash Rookie
Ishieymoro you're the most helpful even though I am new though I'm thinkin' this move would definatily good to practice right? and is their any exceptionally good combos for the Bdacus like maybe grabs, A combo?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It's definitely good to practice, the more you can do the more options you have in each scenario. Read through the thread to see all possible combo applications that were already discussed, I haven't mastered the bdacus by any means so I'm not qualified to answer your question directly :p

Top Bottom