• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Tips **LETS COMBINE OUR MATCH-UP KNOWLEDGE**

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Seagull, are you volunteering to take over this thread?

JJ, are you willing to hand over the thread to Seagull?

Ish, are you going to get off of your lazy *** and give someone else the first post?

Hmm....

:059:

Yikarur

Smash Master
^best answer I could've got

Semifer can give a lot of input to this for few match-ups because he has a txt file with such match-up stuff.

Choice

Smash Champion
In the wolf ditto, you should time out the other wolf player.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
For Zelda B-air to F-smash works wonders and she can be killed around the 80% mark with D-smash if she's near the edge you may need to edgehog though depends if the Zelda know how to DI well and perform love jump.

oos shine out prioritises all her ariels except U-air if she's underneath you.

if she hits with down smash DI downwards and try teching it.

Din's fire clashes with N-air and F-air if timed right.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
1. For Zelda B-air to F-smash works wonders and she can be killed around the 80% mark with D-smash if she's near the edge you may need to edgehog though depends if the Zelda know how to DI well and perform love jump.

2. oos shine out prioritises all her ariels except U-air if she's underneath you.

3. if she hits with down smash DI downwards and try teching it.

4. Din's fire clashes with N-air and F-air if timed right.
1. Bair to Fsmash works on every character. No character will die at 80% even at the edge from Dsmash unless they DI the floor.

2. Shine beats everything, but it isn't a godsend move.

3. That's really dumb to DI down a smash attack that sends you at a downward trajectory in the first place.

4. Fair would have to be timed perfectly.

:018:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Din's clashes with almost everything, that's why it sucks so hard lol.

Uhh a tip against TL. Bair. All the time :p

Seagull, weren't you supposed to take over this thread a long time ago? You still haven't touched the OP... :x

:059:

Laem

Smash Champion
3. That's really dumb to DI down a smash attack that sends you at a downward trajectory in the first place.
***** i was playing I think MK dittos vs gregs on FD and i dsmashed him at like 180% and he DI'd down and teched as if we playing melee. It can be done.

btw, i've killed with wolfs dsmash at 60% (cant remember if it was b4 or after the hit) xD

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
***** i was playing I think MK dittos vs gregs on FD and i dsmashed him at like 180% and he DI'd down and teched as if we playing melee. It can be done.

btw, i've killed with wolfs dsmash at 60% (cant remember if it was b4 or after the hit) xD
1. He said :zelda:'s Dsmash. I've tech'd a :lucario: Fsmash at 180% on :yoshisb: and tech'd the floor vs Junebug, but there is no way someone can consistently do that.

2. Horrid DI lmao.

:018:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I play Ike, Samus, Marth and Sheik often. From my knowledge:

-Ike is super prone to mindgames. Blaster forces approaches, and Ike is a defensive character. A well-timed Wolf Flash can go above Ike's edgeguarding U-Smash. Dair is a really good short hop option due to Wolf's air mobility vs. Ike's laggy attacks. I usually start combos with Dair, then mindgame with short dash dash attacks, Side Smash and shields until he Side Smashes at the wrong time. Only concern is his quick jab, but shine can break that quickly. Once airborne, angled uair's avoid all of Ike's aerials, including Dair, and Bair takes full advantage of his poor recovery. His invincibility frames make Dair very hard to spike with while he's recovering, so I prefer to edgeguard him with the Blaster, Bair and D-Smash.

-Sheik is faster on a number of attacks, but her weakest spot is her spacing. Wolf can outspace her with S-tilt and S-Smash and can punish her with Uair in the air due to her lack of effective counters. Her side smash is avoidable easily with timing and U-Smash on the edge usually spells doom for her. Just avoid her jab range and space yourself when parallel to her in the air, because Bair and Fair on Wolf outrange Sheik's equivalents...but her's outspeed and can break your combos. Her recovery is easy to spike with a short hop Dair if timed properly after she appears.

-Samus loves those projectiles. Shine is an easy answer. The Samus I usually play likes to use bombs to float herself to avoid juggles and get her bearings, but Up-B or a well-timed Side B is a good counter. Samus has a dangerous spike so its good to keep Wolf above her or to the left or right. Bair works as always, although fair is somewhat weak on such a heavy character and may be insufficient. Like Ike, short hop dairs on the ground exploit her terrible upward options. Blaster can build damage, but well-timed Charge Shots can cancel them out, so short hopping over them and then using the Blaster before using a jab and a follow-up combo is your best option.

-Marth has superior spacing and his Counter is super annoying. Mindgames are a must. I usually use Blaster to force an approach, then back hop - Blaster on the counter to feign a melee attack and retaliate quickly with a Side-Smash. Wolf's air mobility lets him dance around Marth's dangerous aerials and score bairs and fairs all day. Marth's Side-Smash is a dangerous edge guard move. I usually aim for Wolf Flash onto the edge, and then quickly use my get-up attack to avoid being tipped by the Smash (which can hit even while you're on the edge). If not, I Wolf Flash above his head and roll to the side to try for a quick combo. Marth is definitely dangerous, but Wolf's greater mobility is what you need to exploit. A good roll will avoid Sword Dance, and a well-timed shield can block Dolphin Slash.

Top Bottom