• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Wolf Social Discussion

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
R.I.P. "We're gonna have fun with this thing"

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Don't forget "Playtime's over Star Fox" if you beat Fox.

R.I.P. "We're gonna have fun with this thing"
I hated that one. Made him sound like a country singer or something.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Don't forget "Playtime's over Star Fox" if you beat Fox.

I hated that one. Made him sound like a country singer or something.
I always feel like I'm the only one who likes "The Hunt is on, boys!"

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Special thanks to ZeRo for making a video saying Wolf is broken, so all the online kids are wanting to do Wolf dittos now. I love it, really. :rolleyes:

It was only like two weeks ago that 90% of Leffen's stream chat were spamming "Wolf is bad" when he had trouble killing Gluttony's Wario at like 130% and died to a waft.

How long till they get bored and go back to badly playing their own main? Will ZeRo have to make another video? Mob mentality is wonderful.
It’s about to get much worse now that he’s supposedly maining him plus his new video.

I like Zero, honestly. It’s to be expected though when you can influence the masses who don’t do any research themselves.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
It’s about to get much worse now that he’s supposedly maining him plus his new video.

I like Zero, honestly. It’s to be expected though when you can influence the masses who don’t do any research themselves.
Funny enough I read through the comments on that video only to see lots of "Thanks, I'm maining Wolf now" and similar comments.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Funny enough I read through the comments on that video only to see lots of "Thanks, I'm maining Wolf now" and similar comments.
Ayeee not surprised lmaoooo

I actually went to go check it out again to read the comments and noticed he unlisted the video (granted I can still see it since it’s in my history; definitely not listed on his channel videos though). Maybe this will delay more bandwagons

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
He got some flack for missing a lot of the basics, in a 17 minute video. Like he didn't talk about Bair being a kill move at all. Wondering if he's going to reupload. I'd be lying if I don't say I hope he doesn't

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So, Wolf wasn't touched at all during this patch, and Im okay with that.:wolf::ultwolf:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Good. It also looks like they're doing more buffs than nerfs on everyone for the most part.

Gah7777

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I haven't played since Brawl as a Wolf main back then. I forgot my password from back then, so I just added another 7, lol. Anyway, hi. Sorry to be awkward, haha.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
The greatest thing about 2.0 is that we are the same and so is generally every other character(minus those that got buffs). It’s honestly how smash should be done with mininal nerfs when absolutely necessary( i.e obviously overpowered characters that nullify 80% of the cast, broken system mechanics, broken interactions, etc).

I still say that before anything needs nerfing folks just need to not whine and get better at the game. If it came down to Wolf dumpstering every other character in a matchup and the only thing that could beat him was Kirby then yeah I see a need. But obviously we aren’t even near such a status lol.

TL;DR- glad Wolf wasn’t touched(he’s just fine). Wolf haters: stop being pringles and get good

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wolf’s lucky to not be K. Rool right now, I’ll say that much. Unfortunate that they gave in to the scrubs and nerfed him.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Wolf’s lucky to not be K. Rool right now, I’ll say that much. Unfortunate that they gave in to the scrubs and nerfed him.
Moral of the story is, just don’t stomp scrubs with him in quickplay and he won’t get nerfed.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
It was the knock back I got from one of Link's bombs, and Wolf does a quick kick before getting up again and that's what got Link here for a moment (although it didn't really finish him) as seen here.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You need to rely on prediction and you pretty much need skill. Its NOT spammable as its easy to punish, but its hella powerful.

Startup lag with almost no ending lag.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Eh...except MK's sword gives you reach. Wolf's Fsmash is NOT Brawl's Wolf Fsmash. He can still whiff just because the opponent was half a character space away from him.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
How good is Fsmash rn? I feel like its a bit underused as of right now
The thing is Dsmash works better in almost every situation Fsmash works. I use it here and there to catch people rolling off the ledge, but other than that it’s my least used smash attack.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Wolf has always been known for his lethal Dsmash. I love how that was his thing in Brawl and ten years later, missing out on a game inbetween, that still holds up.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wolf fsmash is inferior to MK's fsmash in one key aspect: how quickly it comes out after charge release. That's a large part of what makes MK's so good imo.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Wolf has always been known for his lethal Dsmash. I love how that was his thing in Brawl and ten years later, missing out on a game inbetween, that still holds up.
I like to think that Fox best killing Smash is UpSmash, so Falco got a good FSmash (to differentiate them) and Wolf (who came last) had to have the strongest DownSmash.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
That's exactly what they did with the three in Brawl.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
My new way of playing Wolf:

92772C1F-885D-465E-9F41-67DD958C9FB6.gif

Seriously, just standing still opens up way too many doors. It’s like you’re pressuring without even doing anything. Pushing buttons is overrated.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Zackray was so amazing at Genesis 6
Yep, I honestly think he or Tweek were the only ones who had a big chance of taking out MKLeo. It was sad to see him go down. Not saying Void or Dabuz are bad or anything, they clearly advanced further, but Zackray MKLeo finals would have been hype.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Zackray is probably the best Wolf in the world right now. Or possibly Larry Lurr.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Zackray is probably the best Wolf in the world right now. Or possibly Larry Lurr.
Nah....Zackray is miles above everyone else with this character. He's easily the best Wolf in the world.

Larry Lurr only uses him as a secondary anyway.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Zackray is An amazing player and puts Wolf on the map better than anyone else.

However, I don't think he's top 10. With his Age and skills though, He'll get there in litterally no time at all.

Alongside Leffen, MKLeo and ESAM, he's definitely my favourite player to watch

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I think with a bit more consistency, he could be top 5. I guess we’ll see how he does at further North American tournaments, but winning all but one Japanese major then getting 5th on the biggest stage in Ultimate so far is really impressive for someone his age. Especially with a character that so many people are wishy washy on how good they think he is.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hitboxes are being found and Wolf's one of the early ones. Imagine if he had leg invincibility during it. It'd be an even better anti-air than it is now.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Meanwhile, the new hot topic on the Wolf discord:

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Just read on SSB wiki that Wolf's voice actor in Ultimate and Starlink is the same guy who voiced Wolf in Brawl...is that true? Cause Wolf's voice in Brawl compared to Starlink and Ultimate are verrrrrry day and night to me.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
So apparently MKLeo thinks wolf is top 5..?
Do we agree with this opinion? I don't think Wolf has that much going for him to be top 5, definite top 10 but he just feels really awkward sitting in top 5, and top 3 no less.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Just read on SSB wiki that Wolf's voice actor in Ultimate and Starlink is the same guy who voiced Wolf in Brawl...is that true? Cause Wolf's voice in Brawl compared to Starlink and Ultimate are verrrrrry day and night to me.
Yep, Jay Ward. It was argued that it was someone else for a while, but it’s him. He just took a different direction with the voice, rather than keep the country singer vibe from Brawl. If you listen closely to his voice in the Sound menu, you can tell. That’s the cool thing about voice actors, most can completely reshape their voice so you can’t tell it’s the same person.

So apparently MKLeo thinks wolf is top 5..?
Do we agree with this opinion? I don't think Wolf has that much going for him to be top 5, definite top 10 but he just feels really awkward sitting in top 5, and top 3 no less.
I have serious doubts here. I mean he also ranks Pit and Dark Pit bottom tier. Two of the three Miis should probably not be bottom tier either.

I have a lot of trouble putting faith into tier lists made by any single individual, regardless of how well they place in tournaments. That and the fact that he made it for a sub goal....eh.

Truthfully I think for a game like this that’s going to end up with more than 80 characters by the end of DLC, you can’t use the archaic ordered tier list any longer. I think quadrant tier charts are way easier to put faith into.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
8E268865-C105-4350-93A2-28C3F57C6F6F.jpeg

I just noticed. This isn’t fine considering how Wolf has those spikes on his shoulder pads.

Cmon Wolf, this the move you should LEAST do. The things are practically in him.

Top Bottom