• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Wolf Social Discussion

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I like a challenge. As long as he has the tools I need, I will make Wolf work.

And you aren't taking into account what he has that got buffed. He's faster, his Wolf Flash's sweetspot is easier to hit with, his forward strong is both powerful, has a big hitbox, and apparently can reach where Marth's tipper cannot, he has a sex kick that has such little landing lag, he can follow up instantly.

D-Smash kills Mario at 74% or something ridiculous like that. Although Mario was hit with the 2nd hit and he was DIng outwards, so IDK what to think.
Typically with Down smashes that hit twice (once in the front of the user, the follow up behind them), the second hit is the weaker of the two and has less knockback. The second hit here killed a mid-weight at 74. That's insane. Especially if the front hit clean deals more damage and knockback.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Slower smashes and Bair
Up Smash is roughly the same on startup as it's listed as frame 12 on the speculative frame data thread and it looks like a good anti-air with how low it starts and how high it ends. Someone said Side Smash is more like Meta Knight's which is so-so, but I can guess why they changed it since you can use almost anything out of dash now and Wolf looks fairly fast on the ground. It'd be annoying for players to have to deal with Wolf lunging forward all the time with Side Smash out of dash. Down Smash looks like it hits really hard, but gained startup as a result of that.

Bair looks like Sonic's Bair now with it being frame 13 and it still auto-cancels. Between Falco and Wolf gaining startup on their aerials, they both lost something, but I think Wolf won out when his Bair hits as hard or harder than in Brawl. That, and Wolf actually has air speed not to mention Fox has ground speed unlike Falco. Falco lost two to maybe three kill aerials. Bair is slower, frame 9, and has lower knockback, Dair is faster, but weaker making it a stupid utility move when it auto-cancels from a hop, and Uair lost damage, but kept 1.0.8 Smash 4's startup. He's likely to not kill with his aerials unless his opponent is near the blast zone whereas Wolf has Bair and Uair for regular kills, Dair for regular spiking, and Fair for edgeguard kills.

shorter upB recovery
I haven't seen enough of Fire Wolf, but it looks like it has short horizontal travel and maybe okay vertical travel. It was also mentioned that it hits hard, so it's like Twisting Fox if Twisting Fox didn't have Fire Bird's travel distance. The other thing is that Wolf has Wolf Flash which is probably a more reliable recovery even if it's predictable. The same goes for Fox and Falco. Both of them rarely use their Up Special unless it's absolutely necessary where at least Fire Fox is threatening and travels far while Fire Bird is a death sentence for Falco. That move, since Brawl, is godawful. Meanwhile, Riddles the Space Dragon having 64 Fire Fox and Melee Fire Bird, but with post-Brawl Fire Fox's travel distance and less angles. Anyway, Fire Wolf looks like it lost travel distance for raw power where getting caught by it is what threatens people.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
D-Smash seems to be a very potent Kill Move, although I am unsure how Wolf will actually land it. I killed a Cloud center stage and he was at 70% after the hit, due to the very horizontal angle I am assuming he DIed outwards, but...

I also killed a ZSS at about 90% from the center of Corneria which is a huge stage and then hit a Shulk at 140% after the hit from the left corner of Corneria all the way to the right corner, he didn’t explode but he couldn’t make it back because it left him too low (This is even more ridiculous than it sounds because the Shulk hit the ground and kept sliding and then slid off the stage).

Idk if everyone is just DIng outwards but this attack seems to have an very good knockback angle and strength for landing kills.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Wolf's Down Smash was lethal in Brawl, so I'm happy it kept its power (or gained more?), even if it is slower.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
so after like 5 games with Wolf (not many since FFA is so hectic), it would seem to me like his best kill moves are D-Smash (which is like ridiculously strong for some reason, lol) and U-Air. U-Smash and F-Smash are average in terms of killing potential (for Smashes) and F-Air seems to have less knockback than U-Air, or at least it seemed like it.

I actually want to try D-Air onstage now to see how early it can kill because that's something I didn't try at all. Also I want to test things like F-Tilt in the corner to see if it's a viable way to punish regular getups/getup attacks that maybe nets a kill. I am still not super experienced with Wolf and need to play him more in order to actually make any consensus about anything.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
It looks like Wolf got nerfed from Brawl. Slower smashes and Bair, shorter upB recovery, nerfed shine(?). Not having to worry about chain grabs is great but I'm not liking how Wolf's turned out :urg:
Bah! Are we men or are we wolves? Up+B looks bad, but the rest is looking solid. Hopefully, with its short range and quick startup, Fire Wolf is meant to be an aerial kill move.
Worst case scenario, we get a couple buffs in the future.

Last edited:

Flon

Smash Cadet
I did consider that Fire Wolf has likely been repurposed into a kill option, especially with the heavy knockback and lack of smash DI. However, that high start-up and short distance really makes it tough to form theories that aren't just bait punishes. I suppose I'm looking forward to how it'll coalesce into his moveset... if at all.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Some new findings.

I now believe D-Smash just has that amazing angle, too many people would need to be DIng horribly otherwise. Killed Ken at 70% on the very edge of Kongo Jungle 64.

Up-B, while a kill move, isn’t exactly the most powerful so to speak. I hit another Wolf center stage Kongo Jungle, I was moving completely horizontal so I ended relatively close to the edge, he was 94% after the hit and he didn’t die, but he got very close to dying.

F-Air seems like an amazing combo tool. I don’t think it was “true”, but I landed a 4 F-Air string on Incineroar that only involved 1 landing F-Air (the first one) and 1 double jump, he was very low % obviously and I think he tried to jump and I hit him out of it because he died offstage without recovering.

Up-B range is kind of sad when trying to use it as a kill move. I had a Sudden Death vs an Isabelle who put down a Lloyd in front of herself and then threw out her fishing rod and stayed put. So I SHed Up-B just out of the range of her fishing rod and it didn’t reach her, lol. I landed right in front of her face and died.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
If Wolf's Down Smash is overpowered, I'll finally know the rush Ness Back Throwers feel.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
How fast is the startup of Fire Wolf when compared to, say, Smash 4's Fire Fox/Bird?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
How fast is the startup of Fire Wolf when compared to, say, Smash 4's Fire Fox/Bird?
It’s faster, I wouldn’t say twice as fast. Maybe like 2/3rds the charge time as Fox and Falco in Smash 4?
You could just count the frames until he starts moving with a 60 FPS video. According to the speculative frame data thread, its first hitbox which I would assume is when Fire Wolf launches, is frame 19: https://smashboards.com/threads/spe...e-before-retail-version.457242/#post-22722325.

In Brawl, its first hit was frame 23: https://smashboards.com/threads/wolfs-frame-data-wip.319745/.

In Brawl, Smash 4, and it looks like they're unchanged in Ultimate, Fire Fox launches on frame 43 and Fire Bird launches on frame 44. So, in the two games Wolf appeared with Fire Wolf, Fire Wolf has always been a little over twice as fast on launch compared to Fire Fox and Fire Bird. In Brawl, it was superior to Fire Bird as a recovery move when it had the same travel distance in return for having no charging hitbox. Both had issues with connecting hits, so their damage output doesn't really matter. So, it's only real comparison was Fire Fox where it had shorter travel, less power, and no charging hitbox for a much faster launch. In Ultimate, it looks like it has faster startup and power in return for distance and travel speed compared to its Brawl version. That said, I don't think anyone knows exactly what its travel distance is since some posts here said it had short horizontal travel and vertically I'm not sure.

Fire Fox travels the furthest and its launch hit hits pretty hard, but perhaps not as hard as Fire Wolf in Ultimate. Or maybe it does hit harder or has about the same strength since Fire Wolf would be able to hit faster with its lower startup, so it could be a bit weird for Fire Fox to be noticeably weaker despite taking much longer to launch. Then again, it has very far travel distance compared to Fire Wolf and Fire Bird.

Since it's a similar move, Ridley's Up Special has less angles and no charging hitbox, but travels far to around Fire Fox's travel distance. I think its travel distance might be part of its own travel and a drift or momentum at the end. No idea what its launch frame is, but I doubt it's frame 19 because that would be dumb.

Fire Bird looks like the same piece of **** it was since Brawl. Now it actually has something over Fire Wolf because Fire Wolf was changed and that's travel distance. At least horizontally. Otherwise, it takes twice as long to launch, doesn't kill, and has issues with connecting its hits because heaven forbid it being able to do around 20% if it connects all its hits while Fire Fox is able to connect its charging hits into its launch hit where I forgot to mention that in Smash 4 and probably Brawl, Fire Fox's charging hit angles send the opponent into Fox while Fire Bird's sends them out. There's also the fact that it's Falco's only vertical recovery move where if Falco is forced to use it or loses his double jump, he's screwed while Wolf still has Fire Wolf and Wolf Flash which are also both threatening moves to be hit by. At least Fire Fox and Ridley's Up Special are threatening.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
"Fire" wolf might not be all bad if we can combo into it. Maybe F/Uair>upB finisher. F19 still isn't very fast for an upB so it might end up more of a read than combo.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
"Fire" wolf might not be all bad if we can combo into it. Maybe F/Uair>upB finisher. F19 still isn't very fast for an upB so it might end up more of a read than combo.
I doubt you can combo into it tbh, it might be used for an aerial read where your opponent won't end up behind you (as I am assuming that sweetspot B-Air is probably going to be the better kill option, and on the floor D-Smash is definitely the better kill option).

You could just count the frames until he starts moving with a 60 FPS video. According to the speculative frame data thread, its first hitbox which I would assume is when Fire Wolf launches, is frame 19: https://smashboards.com/threads/spe...e-before-retail-version.457242/#post-22722325.

In Brawl, its first hit was frame 23: https://smashboards.com/threads/wolfs-frame-data-wip.319745/.

In Brawl, Smash 4, and it looks like they're unchanged in Ultimate, Fire Fox launches on frame 43 and Fire Bird launches on frame 44. So, in the two games Wolf appeared with Fire Wolf, Fire Wolf has always been a little over twice as fast on launch compared to Fire Fox and Fire Bird. In Brawl, it was superior to Fire Bird as a recovery move when it had the same travel distance in return for having no charging hitbox. Both had issues with connecting hits, so their damage output doesn't really matter. So, it's only real comparison was Fire Fox where it had shorter travel, less power, and no charging hitbox for a much faster launch. In Ultimate, it looks like it has faster startup and power in return for distance and travel speed compared to its Brawl version. That said, I don't think anyone knows exactly what its travel distance is since some posts here said it had short horizontal travel and vertically I'm not sure.

Fire Fox travels the furthest and its launch hit hits pretty hard, but perhaps not as hard as Fire Wolf in Ultimate. Or maybe it does hit harder or has about the same strength since Fire Wolf would be able to hit faster with its lower startup, so it could be a bit weird for Fire Fox to be noticeably weaker despite taking much longer to launch. Then again, it has very far travel distance compared to Fire Wolf and Fire Bird.

Since it's a similar move, Ridley's Up Special has less angles and no charging hitbox, but travels far to around Fire Fox's travel distance. I think its travel distance might be part of its own travel and a drift or momentum at the end. No idea what its launch frame is, but I doubt it's frame 19 because that would be dumb.

Fire Bird looks like the same piece of **** it was since Brawl. Now it actually has something over Fire Wolf because Fire Wolf was changed and that's travel distance. At least horizontally. Otherwise, it takes twice as long to launch, doesn't kill, and has issues with connecting its hits because heaven forbid it being able to do around 20% if it connects all its hits while Fire Fox is able to connect its charging hits into its launch hit where I forgot to mention that in Smash 4 and probably Brawl, Fire Fox's charging hit angles send the opponent into Fox while Fire Bird's sends them out. There's also the fact that it's Falco's only vertical recovery move where if Falco is forced to use it or loses his double jump, he's screwed while Wolf still has Fire Wolf and Wolf Flash which are also both threatening moves to be hit by. At least Fire Fox and Ridley's Up Special are threatening.
For travel distance, Wolf's Up-B when launched horizontally is about the same length as Smash 4 Fire Bird but Wolf instantly drops when it finishes as opposed to Falco and Fox who linger slightly in the air before dropping. So Horizontal Wolf Up-B is definitely worse for recovery than Smash 4 Falco's Up-B for sure. When launched vertically though, Wolf is pushed upwards more once the move ends, I would say he travels about twice the distance of the horizontal Up-B, making it a decent length recovery but the latter half of that length has no hitbox so you can easily be spiked, so it is still weak. Not even the veritcal Fire Wolf has as much range as Fire Fox just as a comparison.

That said, I haven't really used Up-B much. I mainly rely on Side-B mixups between landing on stage (scarring) or grabbing the ledge. I only use Up-B if my opponent forces me to go under the stage with a projectile or something, which in 4 man FFA doesn't happen much, but might be more common in 1v1.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For travel distance, Wolf's Up-B when launched horizontally is about the same length as Fire Bird but Wolf instantly drops when it finishes as opposed to Falco and Fox who linger slightly in the air before dropping. So Horizontal Wolf Up-B is definitely worse for recovery than Falco's Up-B for sure. When launched vertically though, Wolf is pushed upwards more once the move ends, I would say he travels about twice the distance of the horizontal Up-B, making it a decent length recovery but the latter half of that length has no hitbox so you can easily be spiked, so it is still weak. Not even the vertical Fire Wolf has as much range as Fire Fox just as a comparison.
The key difference is the launch frame. If it takes Falco twice as long to launch with Fire Bird than Wolf with Fire Wolf and Fire Wolf has the same travel distance, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, then Fire Bird is a worse recovery move when there's more time for the opponent to hit Falco if not outright kill him with a spike or something. That's the case in Brawl with Fire Bird and Fire Wolf. This is also not to mention and as stated before, Wolf Flash would be a far better angled up recovery than Fire Bird.

That's weird. I remember seeing footage of Fire Wolf traveling much shorter than in the gifs in the frame data thread. Granted, it was on the ground of the Mario Galaxy stage, so maybe it was just Wolf traveling alongside the curve making it shorter, and also on the ground of some other stage. Maybe it has shorter travel on the ground than in the air? Excluding the push forward after its actual travel and if it was reduced, then Fire Wolf looks like it might travel two fifths of Final Destination assuming FD is still around the scale of the previous games. In comparison, Fire Fox and probably Ridley's Up Special in Ultimate covers like four fifths to two thirds of FD and Fire Bird covers half of FD. I take that back about Fire Bird having an advantage over Fire Wolf now, it has charging hits and slightly more actual travel than Fire Wolf in return for double the launch startup, inability to kill, and not having a momentum push after its travel.

The other thing is that, at least in Brawl and Smash 4, Fire Bird locks Falco's aerial speed whereas Fire Fox doesn't for Fox. I don't know about Fire Wolf. Anyway, in the rare cases you have to recover high with Fire Bird or Fire Fox, then Fox can still move around a bit to avoid attacks while Falco will fall down in a straight line. I'm not sure if this is the case for Brawl Fire Wolf and I have no idea about Ultimate's versions of Fire Bird and Fire Wolf.

Why is Fire Bird so goddamn awful? No character has a move that is straight-up worse than another character's let alone three other characters, Fox, Ridley, and Wolf. It has nothing over the others where it's truly significant enough to make up for its disadvantages.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The key difference is the launch frame. If it takes Falco twice as long to launch with Fire Bird than Wolf with Fire Wolf and Fire Wolf has the same travel distance, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, then Fire Bird is a worse recovery move when there's more time for the opponent to hit Falco if not outright kill him with a spike or something. That's the case in Brawl with Fire Bird and Fire Wolf. This is also not to mention and as stated before, Wolf Flash would be a far better angled up recovery than Fire Bird.

That's weird. I remember seeing footage of Fire Wolf traveling much shorter than in the gifs in the frame data thread. Granted, it was on the ground of the Mario Galaxy stage, so maybe it was just Wolf traveling alongside the curve making it shorter, and also on the ground of some other stage. Maybe it has shorter travel on the ground than in the air? Excluding the push forward after its actual travel and if it was reduced, then Fire Wolf looks like it might travel two fifths of Final Destination assuming FD is still around the scale of the previous games. In comparison, Fire Fox and probably Ridley's Up Special in Ultimate covers like four fifths to two thirds of FD and Fire Bird covers half of FD. I take that back about Fire Bird having an advantage over Fire Wolf now, it has charging hits and slightly more actual travel than Fire Wolf in return for double the launch startup, inability to kill, and not having a momentum push after its travel.

The other thing is that, at least in Brawl and Smash 4, Fire Bird locks Falco's aerial speed whereas Fire Fox doesn't for Fox. I don't know about Fire Wolf. Anyway, in the rare cases you have to recover high with Fire Bird or Fire Fox, then Fox can still move around a bit to avoid attacks while Falco will fall down in a straight line. I'm not sure if this is the case for Brawl Fire Wolf and I have no idea about Ultimate's versions of Fire Bird and Fire Wolf.

Why is Fire Bird so goddamn awful? No character has a move that is straight-up worse than another character's let alone three other characters, Fox, Ridley, and Wolf. It has nothing over the others where it's truly significant enough to make up for its disadvantages.
One very minor and basically worthless thing Fire Bird had in Sm4sh (not sure about Brawl) was keeping inertia during the startup. The most use I ever found for this was b reversing it when recovering to try and make your opponent whiff or to get yourself a better angle if you started the move under a stage. The move truly is awful though. No noteworthy power or speed or distance, no invincibility or super armor, no other utility except I think in Sm4sh, after the patch that changed shieldstun, the multi hits were enough to lock someone in shield but that would require using Fire Bird point blank on someone and even then, the move didn't travel far enough to avoid any punishes.

Another somewhat similar recovery is Lucario's. He only gets a hitbox at the end of the move but gets access to additional angles with curving and has 3 different kinds of landing lag plus there's aura making it go further. Oh and using it into a wall allows him to wall cling.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
One very minor and basically worthless thing Fire Bird had in Sm4sh (not sure about Brawl) was keeping inertia during the startup. The most use I ever found for this was b reversing it when recovering to try and make your opponent whiff or to get yourself a better angle if you started the move under a stage. The move truly is awful though. No noteworthy power or speed or distance, no invincibility or super armor, no other utility except I think in Sm4sh, after the patch that changed shieldstun, the multi hits were enough to lock someone in shield but that would require using Fire Bird point blank on someone and even then, the move didn't travel far enough to avoid any punishes.
The in-game tips straight-up tell you it's slower than Fire Fox because of inertia and comes off like such a big deal or advantage for Falco, but then you realize you could screw up and move Falco a bit too far away from the ledge, so when you launch towards it, Falco barely misses the ledge hitbox and dies. :p

"Fire Bird - Inertia makes this move slower than Fox's Fire Fox. If you use it while moving horizontally in midair, you'll slide along in midair for a moment." From this page: https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_tips_(SSB4-Wii_U).

I can't really think of why Fire Bird was made like this in Brawl. They would have known that it was overall inferior to both Fire Fox, same launch frame, strong single launch hit, same multi-hit travel, but further and faster travel, and Fire Wolf, multi-hit charge and launch move without charging hits, but half the startup. There's no excuse when Ridley was introduced with a similar move and Fire Wolf was made stronger with its final hit or so it seems. The only reason I can think of why it's like this so that Falco's recovery isn't too good, but then you run into the issue of other characters with bad recoveries, but their Up Special at least does more than function. Chrom, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Incineroar, and Little Mac among others. Ganondorf's Dark Dive went through a period of being underwhelming post-Brawl, but it still had enough differences from Falcon Dive that you could not call it worse than Falcon Dive. It didn't kill, but it had a disjointed uppercut at the end, it still did good damage, and it wasn't shorter in travel or noticeably slower in speed, startup or travel. Then Smash 4 buffed it to resemble its Melee version and Ultimate made it even stronger along with reducing its recovery so that you couldn't smack Ganondorf after a successful Dark Dive grab.

Can't say that for Fire Bird where it went unchanged from Brawl to Smash 4 and until it's confirmed, probably unchanged from Smash 4 to Ultimate. People are already saying Fire Fox was improved in Ultimate as if it needed to be better. I hate this move. I'd rather have Fox's Flying Fox custom if not his own Fast Fire Bird custom which was pretty busted compared to Fire Bird. It had shorter travel, but it launched so quickly and Falco kept his momentum to the point where you could slide around on the stage where if you land it with the right angle, Falco slides at idle, so he can do whatever he wants out of a Fast Fire Bird. Seriously, it was that stupid: https://smashboards.com/threads/falcos-fast-fire-bird-perfect-landing-slide.395739/.

Fast Fire Bird would have worked better with Falco as a quick boost sort of deal and flying fast in an Arwing. Technically Falco Phantasm, Fox Illusion, and Wolf Flash would be references to that, but at the same time, with some tweaks, Fast Fire Bird would give Falco a distinctive Up Special compared to theirs. I don't know, slow its startup and/or travel speed a bit and give it less angles. Or even make it do damage without any hit stun; Falco just phases through them and the heat hurts them. There, Fire Bird gets replaced with something of merit.

Another somewhat similar recovery is Lucario's. He only gets a hitbox at the end of the move but gets access to additional angles with curving and has 3 different kinds of landing lag plus there's aura making it go further. Oh and using it into a wall allows him to wall cling.
I'd say it's different enough with those qualities, curving, increased travel distance and speed with aura, and being able to transition to a wall cling, compared to four charge and launch in one linear direction Up Specials of Falco, Fox, Ridley, and Wolf.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Some new info.

D-Smash continues to amaze me. Killed Snake at 70% from the center of Great Bay, 110% rage.

B-Throw seems to be a kill throw at the ledge. I actually wasn’t able to accurately test on a “legal” stage, but I kept killing light chars (Pikachu, Puff) at 80% on some obviously non-legal stages that have suspect blastzones. Also we should consider that these players could have been DIng outwards, but still dying sub 100 to a throw even with horrible DI and close blastzones means that the throw is probably usable as a kill option.

U-Tilt range is amazing. It pokes through platforms and is an amazing anti air. It also leaves the opponent right on top of Wolf’s head, so while it might not true combo into anything (that I can test) it definitely puts the opponent into a really bad position and with limited options.

D-Air will be amazing to combo on-stage. Saw a Wolf land it on a Snake that was grounded at 63% and the Snake didn’t go anywhere while having tons of hitstun, it looked to me like Wolf definitely could have landed an U-Smash or at the very least an U-Tilt after he landed from the D-Air (although need to test just how much D-Air’s landing lag is, because if it lags too much then maybe this isn’t possible).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I came across some information regarding Wolf's Classic mode run. It seems that his opponents are all characters who did not appear in Brawl and/or Smash 3DS / Wii U; opponents included the Ice Climbers, Young Link, and Solid Snake. Also, Wolf faces Galleom for his boss fight.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I might've overlooked a post, but this is the first time I've heard word about Wolf's potential for "Scarring" in Ultimate.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I might've overlooked a post, but this is the first time I've heard word about Wolf's potential for "Scarring" in Ultimate.

It is also possible to do it from long range. You don't need to be on the edge itself, you can Side-B at long range, press down so you don't sweetspot and then Scar onto the stage. I described this a few pages ago, just reposting this so that we know it's also possible to do it from far away.

Also I had read a tweet from Seagull Joe Seagull Joe that you could FH Double F-Air and I tried that today and was unable to do so. IDK if maybe I need to be frame perfect and the controller layout is screwing with me (I have used shoulder buttons to jump and stick to aerial since Brawl, so having to press Y then A is a bit unnatural to me) but I was definitely not able to do either F-Air or B-Air twice in one Full Hop.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
It is also possible to do it from long range. You don't need to be on the edge itself, you can Side-B at long range, press down so you don't sweetspot and then Scar onto the stage. I described this a few pages ago, just reposting this so that we know it's also possible to do it from far away.

Also I had read a tweet from Seagull Joe Seagull Joe that you could FH Double F-Air and I tried that today and was unable to do so. IDK if maybe I need to be frame perfect and the controller layout is screwing with me (I have used shoulder buttons to jump and stick to aerial since Brawl, so having to press Y then A is a bit unnatural to me) but I was definitely not able to do either F-Air or B-Air twice in one Full Hop.
If you press attack and jump at the same time, you'll use the aerial as soon as you leave the ground, I believe.

Also, new footage; totally rocking that sweet red, black and gold color scheme:

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

More importantly, we can see the actual difference between Wolf using his Up Special horizontally and vertically.

If you press attack and jump at the same time, you'll use the aerial as soon as you leave the ground, I believe.

1 minute 57 seconds in and Down Air on a grounded foe leaves huge hitstun.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
More importantly, we can see the actual difference between Wolf using his Up Special horizontally and vertically.

1 minute 57 seconds in and Down Air on a grounded foe leaves huge hitstun.

Yea, and once they hit the 60% mark it makes them rise very slightly into the air with that much hitstun, which means possibly U-Smash punishes.

Yea the problem is if you leave both pressed then you always perform a Short Hop. So basically I need to press both Y and A and then leave Y pressed but release A, that movement is just a bit unnatural for me but I will try it again next time I go to the mall.

The Nintendo people already know me and call me “Wolf man” because I am only picking Wolf, it’s pretty funny.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Watched the Wolf Classic Mode video, I found Snake losing his manhood (final blow in the match) after his butt got nerfed pretty funny. Wolf's got some pretty intimidating boots on to, so you know that hurt bad.

rip snake balls.PNG

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman

Wait... tell me Seagull Joe's coming back to the competitive scene!

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I really like the second palette; it's similar to his Star Fox Zero model color and his Starlink appearance. #7 is looking really nice as well (all black) I think the green and pink colors are the only ones I'm not feeling.

Top Bottom