• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
might be pretty cool, were you thinkin like samus's super missle strong? Also how about in air? Also if the projectile is really fast it can be used for insane edgeguarding

kaid

Smash Master
I'm thinking it woulld be a stance, like Shadowball charge or DK Punch charge. A mimum amount of startup lag, and lag after each shot would keep it balanced.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Am I really the only one who thinks Krystal is lame? She's pathetic: Just a compliment with a set of hooters to give Fox a "special friend."

Wolf, please.

kaid

Smash Master
She has a limited yet sufficent potential moveset that in no way overlaps the other space animals, using her staff. It would be harder to make krystal a clone than to give her her own moveset... something Wolf, however many possibilities he has, will never have.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
No no, Wolf>Krystal she had an unrealistic and crap accent (was it meant to be australian or what?). Wolf is much cooler and he has a more intriguing story and part to play in the series. Plus the wolfen is awesome.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
No no, Wolf>Krystal she had an unrealistic and crap accent (was it meant to be australian or what?). Wolf is much cooler and he has a more intriguing story and part to play in the series. Plus the wolfen is awesome.
Right, the Wolf character has a purpose, he has depth, and actual character.

Krystal, as I said, was just a toss-in addition to the series, in my opinion. The game does need more females, though....not Krystal.

Wolf =/= Fox.

It would be relatively easy to come up with an ORIGINAL moveset for him, no fire wolf, no Wolf phantasm, no wolf lazer, but an original moveset pertaining to who he is and what he does.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Andross has more depth and potential then either. His robot pig family was destroyed by the military and then he was in love with James McCloud's girl. In order to obtain her, he planted a bomb in his car. But the girlfriend decided to get in instead and Ka-Blammo! Andross then convinced an unknow James to try out a machine in the far reaches of space. That is where James met his end. Andross was expelled from an entire planet. But he ran away to Venom where he designed a massive enemy.

Wow! Krystal just wants a piece of Fox and Wolf just wants to be better then Fox. Wow, exciting!

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
Andross has more depth and potential then either. His robot pig family was destroyed by the military and then he was in love with James McCloud's girl. In order to obtain her, he planted a bomb in his car. But the girlfriend decided to get in instead and Ka-Blammo! Andross then convinced an unknow James to try out a machine in the far reaches of space. That is where James met his end. Andross was expelled from an entire planet. But he ran away to Venom where he designed a massive enemy.

Wow! Krystal just wants a piece of Fox and Wolf just wants to be better then Fox. Wow, exciting!
Wow! Andross wants a piece of Fox's mom, but wait he accidentally killed her because he planted a bomb in a car. What a scientist! "What would be the best way to kill James?" "Wait, I'll just plant a bomb in his car, even though as it is a way to get around, someone else might decide to use it instead. I could snipe him or pay a hitman to kill him but no, let's use an unpredictable bomb!" Who wants to fight Rayman's grandpa? Evolution obviously led to Rayman getting legs.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well, that's all from the old Nintendo Power comics, and whether or not they should be considered canon at all is a matter of debate. In fact, many fans disregard it completely, namely due to Fara Pheonix, Fox's girlfriend in that continuity.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
The NP comics are just as noncanonical as SF SNES (and the unreleased SF2). The closest we have to a reliable outside source is the SFA manga, and that's only because Nintendo hasn't blatantly said that it isn't canon.

That said, I'm of the opinion that Krystal >= Wolf. They're the two most developed characters in the series, if only by a little (everybody in the Lylat system seems about as deep as a cardboard cutout). They both have great potential movesets. I just see Krystal as more likely based on her very easy moveset and, admittedly, personal bias. If only one makes it, I'd rather have Krystal, but I won't commit seppuku with a rusty ice cream scoop if it's Wolf instead.

Now, if neither make it in...*readies rusty ice cream scoop*

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof

I thinketh you forgeteth: Andross is a dried up, smelly old monkey.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Kal im sure that you can put the scoop down for now. But in the off chance of both Krystal and Wolf not making it, could I be the kaishakunin? I got the sword on my wall and everything.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
No, I've heard the Cadbury Surprise is a good way to go out. A pity it's not Easter yet...>_>

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I thought it was supposed to be british :laugh: , it sure as hell aint an aussie accent (although it may have been an Adeliade accent)

I like Wolf because he has a purpose he has a shrouded past and a strong hatred towards Fox McCloud although usually serving a higher authority (Andross) he manages to strike more fear into the hearts of his foes and seems to be more powerful!

I also like Krystal because she is the last person left from her planet so she goes around helping people in whatever way she can, she is selfless and heroic, she was put in for a love intrest for fox but developed more personality than half of the starfox cast in one game. So I think Wolf = Krystal.

That's not canon all we know about Andross is he was a scientist went crazy for some reason and was banished to sector Z, he tried killing James McCloud but failed (he helped you in Lylat Wars and is in Starfox Command so James is alive!)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well then James is a terrible parent. He should at least stop by and say "Hi son" at the very least. But regardless an insane old, fat ape scientist is a much more diverse character then Wolf who is the anti-fox, mercenary who leads a squad of fighters like fox, is an excellent flyer like fox, and even looks like a darker, stronger version of fox. Boring.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well then James is a terrible parent. He should at least stop by and say "Hi son" at the very least. But regardless an insane old, fat ape scientist is a much more diverse character then Wolf who is the anti-fox, mercenary who leads a squad of fighters like fox, is an excellent flyer like fox, and even looks like a darker, stronger version of fox. Boring.
James is trying to keep himself and his son alive by helping in the sidelines and he did say hi in Starfox Adventures on of the cheat tokens is a note from James.

Wolf is better than Andross because he is more than just a "Bigger badder fox" but he is an angry, evil person that has clearly seen war before (or had an abusive parent). He has a purpose (being a rival and sometimes ally to Fox) and has stuck around since Starwing 2. He is an intimdating, threatning person where as Andross is some big head and hands. Now in simple terms wolf = cool scary guy, Andross = Head and Hands which is better.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There would be no Star Fox team without Andross. In fact Team Star Wolf would not make it as big if there was no Andross. Andross is the reason for the games. He is the plot, he is the enemy. I think I would be more scared of a talking ape that lost all reason and turned into a giant head and pair of hands then a talking wolf with a pirate patch.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
There would be no Star Fox team without Andross. In fact Team Star Wolf would not make it as big if there was no Andross. Andross is the reason for the games. He is the plot, he is the enemy. I think I would be more scared of a talking ape that lost all reason and turned into a giant head and pair of hands then a talking wolf with a pirate patch.
And there'd be no Ice Climbers without ice, but you don't see a giant cube of ice being a playable character, do you? :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ah I am glad you are not on Andross's side. Because you have no logic. Andross is Fox's villain. You usually fight him at the end. When you have a point, please post.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Andross isn't going to be in the game. Can you imagine placing a oken on a smelly old monkey and having the Smash Bros announcer shout "Andross!" And having his big, liver spotted monkey face all up in yo' TV?

Maybe you can: BUT YOU SHOULDN'T.

Heh. Anyway, seriously, I'm pretty sure he's being phased out of the story at the moment, I'm not sure if he's even in Command. Star Wolf is, though, and obviously that includes Wolfy, who deserves to be in SSBB more than Andross.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Ah I am glad you are not on Andross's side. Because you have no logic. Andross is Fox's villain. You usually fight him at the end. When you have a point, please post.
I have no logic?

And believing that a 50+ years old monkey that plays with test tubes and magically grows a body and throws SILVER CUBES is logic? I don't know WHERE you came up with silver cubes.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you're just a homeschooled kid living in the back country of Colorado who only has his video games and imagination to be his friend, wheras you discovered the crusty monkey method that you so blatantly spam all across these forums.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
There would be a Starfox because the original Starfox (James, Peppy and Pigmar) was founded to stop like all bad guys not just Andross and there would be Star Wolf too just no Andrew. Andross was destroyed once and for all in Adventures that's why he wasn't in Assault and why he won't be in command because they are testing out a new main villain, unless Andross uses the Krazoa power or something else to reserect (sp?) himself with again (which he proberly won't) then Andross is gone for good.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Death can't stop someone from being in brawl-- but we're getting off topic.

WOLF IS TEH ROXX()RZ!!1one

kaid

Smash Master
She'd be easy to make a unique fighter in Brawl. Just use SF:Adventures.

I mean, all Zelda evcer did (as Zelda) was Run away and get captured by Gannondorf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom