• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
As Falco&Victory said, Wolf should be a half clone like luigi

If wolf is in it, then so should C. Falcons rival(Samuri G-something or other)

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
McCloud said:
I don't consider anything past SF64 as canonical in the SF Universe.. I'd rather Krystal not existed.
That would make Star Fox 64 the only canonical game. The story in Star Fox for Super NES is replaced by the th story in Star Fox 64 and Star Fox 2 was cancelled.

I wouldn't mind Krystal in Brawl. But my I would really like to see Wolf in it. He would be sick in competitive play.

magar

Banned via Administration
I Kicked his @$# in Starfox64 and I'm not afraid to do it in brawl either (determined)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Fox_Rocks said:
I think Wolf would be a good addition to this game-and not as a clone. i was thinking though, in Assualt, Wolf is a lot faster than Fox. If he gets in, do you think it will be the same way?
Yeah, thats what I want to know. Why would a wolf be slower then a fox? He should be just as fast or a lil faster then fox and be more powerful BUT have slightly slower attacks because of the size difference.

And K-fox MUST be in this one, she is the one new SF character I want in this game. She could have her very own staff-play moves so she wouldn't be a clone of fox...she would be completely different and bring in a new weapon!!!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Shark X said:
I always wondered, why was Wolf in the Melee intro, but not as a trophy?
I guess they figured the Wolfen was enough...

And as far as him being faster than Fox in Assault, it could be like C. Falcon where he is a faster runner, but slower in executing attacks, which also happen to be stronger.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
wait, didnt wolf and the rest of the wolfen group sacrafice themselves at the end of Assult? Didnt see them after the whole effin planet blew up.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
No they survived I can't remember how, just remember they did, oh yeah they went off to sacrifice themselves then sort of flew in for a couple of secs all beat up then fox told them to leave. At least that's how I remember it

Torilla

Smash Cadet
But wouldn't Wolf be the fastest character, if he were faster than Fox?

Btw, I'm looking forward to see who replaces Pigma and Andrew.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I thought C falcon was the fastest, running wise, I suppose fox is the most agile though (hopping around like he does, falco should be the one to hop like that.

Torilla

Smash Cadet
Inferno_blaze said:
I thought C falcon was the fastest, running wise, I suppose fox is the most agile though (hopping around like he does, falco should be the one to hop like that.
Yes, he is currently the fastest, but Wolf MIGHT be even faster if he's made to be faster than Fox.

Torilla

Smash Cadet
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Foxes are naturally more agile than wolves.
Yes.

I'm just saying that Assault and SSBB are totally different games. Usually, in beat'em-up-games greater size = slower character. It doesn't matter if Wolf was faster than Fox in Assault.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
um he was saying that foxes are faster not wolves, but anyway foxes may be more agile but agility isn't the same as speed, I reckon wolf should be faster at running but not at bouncing around like fox does (agility)

Ember Joe

Smash Cadet
SSJ4Kazuki said:
They would change the effect, but I can imagine the same type of recovery.

*Lol, firefox is the name of the web-browser I am using.
LOL, same.

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
Inferno_blaze said:
same thing arean't they?

*shrugs* Well in case anyone else is confused, Wolf (O'Donnell) is the leader of the Star Wolf team. His wingmates include Leon Powalski (a lizard who is on the team in both 64 and Assault), Pigma Dengar (a hog who betrayed Fox's father James McCloud and Peppy Hare, on Wolf's team in 64 but goes solo in Assault), Andrew Oikonny (an ape who is the nephew of Andross, was in Star Wolf in 64 but parted ways to lead what's left of Andross's army in Assault), and Panther Caroso (a panther who is in the Star Wolf team in Assault, flirts with Krystal a few times during that game, too).

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
After finally playing Star Fox Assault, I can safely say I really do want Wolf 10x more than I did before. I love Fox and Falco and you know what? If Wolf was yet another clone I would love him too. I just love their fighting style I guess.

Falco&Victory...
the up B and >B should be more different from Fox/Falco I think. The charge up laster is good enough. His Smash A could be Fox's from 64... Uhhh does he need a knife? Doesn't he have claws? I don't like the knife idea for him. Plus he should NOT have the Fair of the Fox/Falco... Fox and Falco shouldn't have it either... just my thoughts.

Torilla

Smash Cadet
TRC said:
After finally playing Star Fox Assault, I can safely say I really do want Wolf 10x more than I did before. I love Fox and Falco and you know what? If Wolf was yet another clone I would love him too. I just love their fighting style I guess.

Falco&Victory...
the up B and >B should be more different from Fox/Falco I think. The charge up laster is good enough. His Smash A could be Fox's from 64... Uhhh does he need a knife? Doesn't he have claws? I don't like the knife idea for him. Plus he should NOT have the Fair of the Fox/Falco... Fox and Falco shouldn't have it either... just my thoughts.
What kind of Smash A Fox had in 64, again? Can't remember.

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
TRC said:
Yeah. When the first two Smash games came out, Wolf really didn't get much of the "stuff" needed to get him on either of those titles. (I'm using the word stuff because I can't think of any other word.) But when Star Fox Assault came out, though it was far from being the best Star Fox game ever to be made, that game gave wolf the "stuff" he needed to be considered for Brawl.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
RoyalLance said:
Yeah. When the first two Smash games came out, Wolf really didn't get much of the "stuff" needed to get him on either of those titles. (I'm using the word stuff because I can't think of any other word.) But when Star Fox Assault came out, though it was far from being the best Star Fox game ever to be made, that game gave wolf the "stuff" he needed to be considered for Brawl.

By stuff do you mean character or popularity? Wolf got a lot of face-time in assult. People got to see his personality, thus making him more popular. I personallly liked the "badass but still good" persona they gave him.

DMan304

Smash Rookie
Fox did his edge recover move as a smash attack in SSB64, the spinning dropkick sort of thing.

I really hope, if Wolf's in the game, he sounds more like in Assault than in 64. In 64, you could imagine him twirling his mustache while the damsel in distress was tied to the traintracks, but in Assault, he was a badass.

rasengan15

Smash Cadet
commonyoshi said:
Wolf is lame. Star Wolf was much more menacing.

yea, i agree with that. and i wonder how fast he'll be if he's slower than fox and faster than ganon...

Torilla

Smash Cadet
DMan304 said:
Fox did his edge recover move as a smash attack in SSB64, the spinning dropkick sort of thing.

I really hope, if Wolf's in the game, he sounds more like in Assault than in 64. In 64, you could imagine him twirling his mustache while the damsel in distress was tied to the traintracks, but in Assault, he was a badass.
Btw, did he have a significantly different voice in Assault?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
He had a more scruff voice in Assault. He sounded more like a cocky rich kid in SF64 while in Assault he was all rugged and more American sounding (not that that's a perk or anything).

He also called Fox, "Pup"...whatver that meant...

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
The way I see it, if they're gonna add more characters from the Starfox series its going to be Wolf and/or Krystal. Slippy, Peppy, and Pepper are all pretty "meh" in my book. I would much rather see Slippy killed off the Starfox series than enter Smash. Pepper is unimportant and dead. Peppy is cool but he is old and retired. That brings us back to Krystal and ofcourse O'Donnell. Even though Wolf has never been a playable character (other than in the assult multi-player), I believe he has an equal chance of making it into the game.

BTW: "Pup" is short for the word Puppy. I would imagine he called him "pup" because he was implying that he was inexperienced. I would also imagine that you can see my sarcasm.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Heheh...couldn't see mine, though. I thought the whole Pup thing was because of age/size since Wolf is considerably larger than Fox.

Wait...Pepper died?

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Devastlian said:
Heheh...couldn't see mine, though. I thought the whole Pup thing was because of age/size since Wolf is considerably larger than Fox.

Wait...Pepper died?
i knew you were joking. As for the size thing; i think Wolf said somthing like, "keep your advice to yourself pup." or somthing like that

and yes pepper died. Fox had to kill him. On top of that, they never said if Wolf and his team made it out alive in assult. They said it was possible he survived even though he and his team sacraficed themselves.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, but I don't think Wolf ever calls Fox Fox in the game, though. And Peppy saves Pepper after Fox shoots him down.

I'm sure they did...their (and their theme song's) popularity doesn't warant a killing off. And Fox seemed confident that they escaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom