• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wolf move tier list

JCav

Smash Lord
ok ive seen other boards do this and im bored so...

Top:
Bair
Dsmash

High:
Fair
shine
Jab
Dthrow
Fsmash
blaster

Middle:
Usmash
Uair
Pummel
illusion
Ledge Attack (- 100%)
Utilt
Ftilt

Low:
Dair
Dtilt
Up B
Fthrow
Bthrow
Ledge Attack (+ 100%)
Uthrow
Nair
Dash attack

Rythe

Smash Journeyman
I'd put Dsmash and Fsmash in middle, and then jab up to top.
I'll second Fsmash for mid-tier. It's predicable and very punishable if used improperly. However, I think Dsmash should be at least high since it's Wolf's best killing move on the ground and his quickest smash all around. Jab is good at the top. Quick startup and an easy 9% (at best) once the opponent is caught.

I'd say put reflector at the top, too. It's invaluable against any character that can spam a ranged attack. Plus, it has insane priority on moves and it counters well.

Patinator

Smash Champion
ok ive seen other boards do this and im bored so...

Top:
Bair
Dsmash

High:
Fair
shine
Jab
Dthrow
Fsmash
blaster

Middle:
Usmash
Uair
Pummel
illusion
Ledge Attack (- 100%)
Utilt
Ftilt

Low:
Dair
Dtilt
Up B
Fthrow
Bthrow
Ledge Attack (+ 100%)
Uthrow
Nair
Dash attack
No, no, no. Clearly, B-Throw > F-Throw. B-Throw has a 70:30 matchup against F-Throw!

:laugh:

I would move B-Throw up, Up B down... D-Throw down a little bit. I see no use for ledge attack, move it down. :/

Pummel should go WAY up, possible mid-high or top-high.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol I was wondering when someone would bring this to our boards. Anyways...

Top:
Bair
Dsmash

High:
Fsmash
blaster
shine
Jab
Fair
Dthrow

Middle:
Uair
Pummel
illusion
Usmash
Ledge Attack (- 100%)
Dtilt
Fthrow
Bthrow

Low:
Dair
Utilt
Ftilt
Ledge Attack (+ 100%)
Nair
Up B
Uthrow
Dash attack
Fix'd.

Ftilt is really a bad idea against anyone that can shield unless you have godlike spacing, and fsmash is hands down the best punisher in the game. Blaster is great just because its a projectile, and it can also somewhat help your recovery. Uair is really a good move, it's just that there aren't very many opportunities to use it. Other changes are minor.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
thats the only way to do it

blaster is a projectile, but not a great projectile at that
It's not great if you're just standing on the ground spamming it. It's great when you're FH jump-blastering + DI to create an awesome retreat/camp. Also, when your opponent is expecting a bair approach, you can do a turn around blaster instead.

Also it's big and slow. Big slow projectiles are awesome for controlling what ur opponent can do

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
The blaster is also very laggy, and leaves room for punishment.

And reflector should not be on top, it does not combo into anything, if you pulled a cool Shine to Usmash combo, the opponent messed up and didn't shield. Only thing that may actually work is Shine to jab, but even that...

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Top:
Bair
Dsmash

High:
Fair
Jab
Blaster
Shine
Dthrow
DACUS

Middle:
Fsmash
Usmash
Uair
Pummel
Illusion
Utilt
Dair

Low:
Ftilt
Dtilt
Up B
Bthrow
Fthrow
Nair
Dash attack
Uthrow

This is what I'm thinking. Not sure about DACUS, because I'm a ******* when I use it, but I think there are several pretty good uses for it. Uthrow never has a reason to be used, which is why it's lower than Dash Attack. Wolf's Tilts suck and it makes me sad.

Vista

Smash Journeyman
Dsmash should be top of high, Bair needs it's own tier LOL

Also Dthrow is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too high

Dthrow sucks against anyone who is competent enough to tech.

You might as well Fthrow in most situations.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
If someone techs dthrow, you can just regrab or jab combo or whatever. I've never had anyone tech it and hit me before I could hit them, at any rate. Is that possible?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Top:
Bair
Dsmash

High:
Fair
Jab
Blaster
Shine
Dthrow
DACUS

Middle:
Fsmash
Usmash
Uair
Pummel
Illusion
Utilt
Dair

Low:
Ftilt
Dtilt
Up B
Bthrow
Fthrow
Nair
Dash attack
Uthrow

This is what I'm thinking. Not sure about DACUS, because I'm a ******* when I use it, but I think there are several pretty good uses for it. Uthrow never has a reason to be used, which is why it's lower than Dash Attack. Wolf's Tilts suck and it makes me sad.

Uair is better than Usmash.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
...Wolf's most reliable killing move shouldn't be top tier? Uh. Okay. I think Wolf would suffer a lot more from not having Dsmash than not having Fair, Dthrow, or Blaster. He'd lose the ability to...kill someone. I think that's pretty freaking important, but maybe it's just me.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Dthrow sucks against anyone who is competent enough to tech.
If they tech, that is even BETTER for Wolf than a non-teched Dthrow. At lower percents, it doesn't knock them down, so they're left with every option available to them. I'd take limiting that down to three options rather than giving them all of their options. And at higher percents it sends them too far to tech chase. May set up for a ledge thingy though. But still, the opponent has more options on the ledge than the three options left to them by teching. The only downside is less reaction time.

Top Bottom