• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Mainers?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Crap, it looks like Wolf is going to be really good, so people are going to be using him purely because he is good, now I know how the REAL Marth fans felt when everyone and their mother used him in Melee. =\

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
Wolf and Link...

My username kinda tells you who my fav characters are... XD

I plan to try EVERYBODY out and see who I am best with, but years practicing Link, Falco, and Fox will probably drive my choices.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Crap, it looks like Wolf is going to be really good, so people are going to be using him purely because he is good, now I know how the REAL Marth fans felt when everyone and their mother used him in Melee. =\
Oh, no dude... that's how I felt in Melee. I wanted to pick up Fox, but everytime I tried everyone thought I wanted to use him because he was top tier... but I really just wanted to use him because I love Star Fox.

It won't be the same for Wolf. I hope Wolf is top tier in this game (or perphaps just high... upper tiers, is all I care about really) but I'll have been here from the start and can probably say I'm a fan, not some tourney goer who wants a top teir character to use.

On that another note, I believe Wolf's taunts are:

Taunt 1 - Howls (Badass stuff right here)
Taunt 2 - I forget the movement, I think he crosses his arms or something, but I know he says a phrase... better be a SF64 quote.
Taunt 3 - I couldn't erally make this one out, but if I'm not mistaken he gets on all fours and... does something... roars perphaps?

Swords

Smash Rookie
I just hope wolf isn't way overplayed and everyone can predict his moves easily and kill X_X

Hanniah

Smash Cadet
I've been maining Fox in Melee, there's no way I won't try Wolf. Although a little slow, he does look powerful to me. I might just pick up Fox again, dunno yet.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yo.
So I was one of those people who absolutely loathed that Wolf is in Brawl before the likes of Krystal, Ridley, and so on, right.

Long story short, he won me over. I mean, I've always wanted characters who have personality... and being calm and aloof in radio transmissions but turning into some sort of psychotic killer in close combat sounds like personality to me! I'm going to give him a chance...
Of course, this means that I have to hate Falco now. =P

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
I love how they turned fox into a collective fighter, falco into a almsot dancing spinning flashy fighter, and wolf into a crazed, rampaging brawler

Wrath`

Smash Master
Have you seen his taunts yet? They're at the end of this video: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSxR3ebOzc&eurl=
What he says for his second taunt is, I think "doshita", meaning "What's wrong?"... as in "What, you scared or something?"
So awesome.

I can't believe I'm excited about a space animal... funny how that goes.
he also uese "whats wrong" in one of his two assault taunts, coo'

why do you have to hate falco when you can hate fox...................

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ah, but Fox is necessary. He's the protagonist after all. Wolf adds a distinct personality, style and a villain.
Falco is just the same as Fox except that he's more of a cock. In more than one way.

Actually, which Melee character is Wolf most like? I don't want to spoil new characters for myself by watching and reading everything about them, I do want to keep some surprise for when I actually get the game... but I also want to practice in Melee for those I might main.

Maph

Smash Cadet
From the looks of it every new comer, except maybe Lucas is pretty much a brand new character with no one to really compare them to in Melee. Wolf is no exception.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Wolf defines badass in this game. I was going to go for Ganondorf, but since Sakurai ruined him (again) I will gladly transition to Wolf.

Howling taunt for the win.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Ah, but Fox is necessary. He's the protagonist after all. Wolf adds a distinct personality, style and a villain.
Falco is just the same as Fox except that he's more of a cock. In more than one way.

Actually, which Melee character is Wolf most like? I don't want to spoil new characters for myself by watching and reading everything about them, I do want to keep some surprise for when I actually get the game... but I also want to practice in Melee for those I might main.
think bowser but with fox :p

Top Bottom