• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Ledge Techniques (Video Now Available)

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
VIDEO = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYdJXeytVo

I main Wolf, he's a complete badass. And I've been doing these since the day the game came out, so I decided I might as well share them with you all. I will have a video of them tonight, I'm currently making it. Personally, I don't give a **** what you call them, but I have my own names for them. Also, I don't care if you already knew how to do it, since it's obviously not for you people. It's for the guys who are trying to get better and do not know what they are/how to do them. Now, on to the techniques:

Forward B through the stage from under the ledge
-> Hax dashing

Drop, wait a tiny bit and forward B. You should go through the stage and land near the middle of BF/Stadium/Smashville/Yoshi Story. Those are the only ones I tested these on. You will sweetspot the forward B on your opponent if he is near the edge. Mindgames?

Forward B into the correct part of the ledge
-> Lightstepping

Forward B into the correct part of the ledge, and you will not grab it, but fall down and get your jump back and there will be zero lag. You can do anything out it. Works on any stage with a ledge so far I think. You can do this into a hax dash or tele-step and mindgame your opponent if you're on the right stage.

Time your jump and forward B correctly on the slope -> Tele-step

(Same stages as HD)

Okay, this one took me some time to figure out how to manipulate. You drop like you're going to do the Hax Dash, but instead, jump and instantly forward B. You should land RIGHT on the edge with VERY little lag. There is no animation. You pretty much just appear there. Pretty **** surprising for people who aren't expecting it, and even for people who are, it's not really easy to counter. Also, if they're near the ledge, your forward B WILL knock them away, so it's almost completely safe. I don't know what sheilding the edge will do against it, since I haven't had it shielded yet (Anyone want to test this?)

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I think some of this stuff has already been discovered, but if you're going to make an actual video of it, that would be very helpful. Since nobody has done that yet.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"Tele-stepping" is just a variant of what you call "Hax-Dashing", which has already been mentioned. It's just performed sooner than the "hax-dash". Tele-stepping can be done with other characters, too. My friend was fighting me and managed to do it as Marth. Odd.

RepMR

Smash Rookie
I've done the Tele-Stepping before, but I couldn't figure out how. It'll definitely be a nice addition to Wolf's rapidly improving ledge game for me.

What you call Hax-Dashing and Lightstepping have been discussed a lot though.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
It's performed differently, making it a different technique. You jump and forward B to land on the stage. Either way, video is coming, and that's all that matters. Who cares if it's already been "discovered", this board is here to help people master Wolf, not show off their e-peens on who found what first.

RepMR

Smash Rookie
Of course, and I'm sure most of us will appreciate the video. The techniques are a little hard to describe on
the board.

I'll try the move again though, if it does hug the edge with no lag like that it'll make an interesting move, especially if you can get the F-Smash or D-Smash in after it.

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for posting - it seems like a great technique for recovering, and can set up for a quick combo.

Lucifel

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this has been discovered too but Wolf can do his Side B along the ground if you start from a diagonal ramp thing. Like Yoshi's Island for instance, if you go to the ledge and stay there you notice has a little ramp going up. If you Wolfdash from the bottom of it, Wolf will stay along the ground and it makes it much easier to hit with the sweetspot. Sure this wont work all the time especially when your opponent knows what you're trying to do but it could be used as a surprise technique. I've managed to get my friends a few times with this, when he'd roll back far enough or be coming in at me.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Ah, you gotta love wolf...thanks for posting the vid. Most of these have been mentioned but a vid always helps =]

DeviL-LCF

Smash Rookie
Yeah they have.

Most of these still have been found out but if there was only one post mentionning them I don't think everyone would get to see that post. A video though is good. Lots of Wolf stuff out there, glad I picked him as my main before my friend.

Revven

FrankerZ
Thanks for this, I needed something like this to give my Wolf an edge in the game. The video helped a lot more and now I'm going to try it on a lot of stages. :)

Rat

Smash Lord
I'd prefer stage scarring over hax dash for the name of this craziness.

Other than that thanks for the video. I'll mess around with the way you do 'tele-stepping'.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
great vid, and stage scarring for sure, sounds 100X better / makes sense

Reynbo

Smash Cadet
haha now scrubs have some glitches to worry about:psycho:Jk

But seriously though who would have thought wolfs side-b would be one of his coolest moves so unexpected just like foxs shine in melee was

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I already said I didn't care what you called it. :p I just call it that because someone on Wifi accused me of hacking when I was doing it.

And also, tele-step works on any stage with a ledge apparently. I was doing it on FD and other stages.

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
I foresee this as being a huge pro move to put space between you and your edgeguarding opponent. Especially since it moves you so far. You just come up right behind them and knock the ***** of the stage.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
not a bad video, but next time you make a vid, please dont use that song ever again...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
good **** Yayuhzz

xslivenx kid on your youtube comments is being a tard LOL

Top Bottom