• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Illusion spike good against Snake?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I just thought of this. I havent tested it out yet. But could Wolf's Illusion spike Snake while he is recovering? And can Wolf survive from the cypher hitting Wolf after that? I never seen it mentioned. But it seems like a really good idea.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Cool idea. But the cypher attack seems very unlikely, as Wolf needs to hit Snake's body directly to spike, not over or under him iirc.

I wouldn't try this outside of friendlies anyway, even if the cypher DOES hit you. Snake could probably air-dodge cancel his cypher and Wolf would end up killing himself. :/

I'll try it out sometime still.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
well if wolf were to try the illusion while snake starts to recover nothing would happen due to snake having super armor frames on part of his cypher recovery.

if wolf got snake spiked into oblivion then i don't think there would be any reason for the cypher to hit wolf.if somehow it did happen, wolf would be able to use a recovery again.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Erm.. if he is in range for an illusion, why don't you just go and bair him?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you really get to hit a recovering Snake you might as well try to spike him, no?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
With dair. Not with wolf flash.

I mean, in friendlies or something, go for it. In a serious match, you have far better (although not as cool) options. You'll definitely fall to your doom if you spike snake with it though, unless he recovers with another cypher and hits you with that one.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Its useful when you not in range to D-air Snake's up+B. I'm talking about sweet spotting against Snake's recovery if he recovers from up high. It will knock him out of the cypher, and spike him down to his doom. It shouldn't be hard to connect with due to Snake's recovery being predictable. It won't work if you hit with the weak part that does about 3%. I'd figure if it works with MK's shuttle loop, it should work for Wolf's sweetspotted Illusion.

§witch

Smash Lord
If he's up that high, all he has to do is airdodge out of cypher. I <3 gimping snakes though, I got 3 cypher grabs in a row against my friend the other day lol, too fun.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
It might be useful, but why bother when d-air is safer and easier to space? I think it is not worth the risk.

Also, as said before, Wolf would have to hit Snake directly, not above him. Therefore, Wolf would not be reset and he would die. This could be avoided if Snake recovered really close to ledge but no Snake will do that and if they do, run up and grab them.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
It might be useful, but why bother when d-air is safer and easier to space? I think it is not worth the risk.

Also, as said before, Wolf would have to hit Snake directly, not above him. Therefore, Wolf would not be reset and he would die. This could be avoided if Snake recovered really close to ledge but no Snake will do that and if they do, run up and grab them.
very true.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
Hey...here is something i found out...but its kind of hard to do...

U can grab snake on the cyper...however dont throw him...to do this snake has to b as close to edge as possible so you can grab him...hit em a couple of times and snake will release....afterwards snake cant recover again

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I tried this out again. It's way too hard to do this, while getting hit by the cypher. I spiked Snake out of his recovery using this, but from about 30 attempts, I was only hit with the cypher twice. You have to hit Snake in the face if you need to get hit by the cypher. It's way too intricate though, and even with alot of practice it doesn't seem reliable in a real match. The chances of it happening is like a 1% chance.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Hey...here is something i found out...but its kind of hard to do...

U can grab snake on the cyper...however dont throw him...to do this snake has to b as close to edge as possible so you can grab him...hit em a couple of times and snake will release....afterwards snake cant recover again
This was discovered ages ago... but the snake can just c4 himself to get his cypher back. Thanks for trying to contribute though.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
This was discovered ages ago... but the snake can just c4 himself to get his cypher back. Thanks for trying to contribute though.
Hey i had to put it out there besides...im no snake player so...i wouldnt know this

and your welcome

Top Bottom