• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf banned from tournies?(question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
Uh... wow... even I can agree Wolf isn't so good to be banned worthy, he's not part of the Ubers of the Pokemon competitive scene. Wolf being banned is like banning Sonic because he's too fast and could kill himself by dashing off the stage.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
No! It's obvious wolf is overpowered. I was wrong before, but now I want to make this clear, please, Jesus Christ:

1. Blaster is slow, we know that; but can cover good range and you can mix it up with short-hopping variants and such, has decent knockback with stun effect, god....how the hell isn't that strong.

2. His forward B in the air, if it hits, you'll get stunned and the knockback is very good. Just try not to get close to the last frame from the move and you'll be fine, I said that before, god.

3. Wolve's Reflector. For the love of god, this move can be canceled as you land on the ground (you can do something like a shine afterward); It even slows down his drop speed while in the air. Lot's of possibilities here.

4. The freaking up B for obvious reasons. It's released fast, and it can act as a surprise attack. Recovery is good if you time it right.

5. Back air come out fast; meaning you can use it several of times in the air.

Anymore obvious reasons as to why wolf is overpowered? Like the forward smash, down smash......

So yeah, you mix it up and you'll get an extremely gay character; equal or stronger than King DeDeDe, who in my opinion, is one of the best characters in the game in terms of variability (Trust me, he doesn't need speed. The guy is too strong...GAY!).

Everyone please just swallow your pride and accept that wolf is overpowered.

Note: I hope NJZFinest is reading this .

Exile724

Smash Cadet
They probably banned wolf because he is the last one to be unlocked, for that reason I used to think he was the best until I used him that is, he is a decently good character but the only one thats like really annoying is metaknight and I used to use him plus he can be countered Nuff said >.>

jrricky

Smash Cadet
he is so overpowered.(why the hell cant you dodge his fsmash without pinpoint accuracy, blasters are annoying when spammed, some moves have little to no lag when doing air moves which leads in to unblockable smashes, his tilts make you cringe.etc) I dont think he should be banned though.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
WOW, you think he's overpowered because of his B moves? LOLOL, no no, I'm not going to even bother, especially since I still stand against my earlier post.

LOL @ how you didn't even mention the rest of his good aerials, his Ftilt, Fsmash, and his shield drop to Dsmash/Dash A.

Lol, Wolf is a great character, but not overpowered.
Snake, Metaknight, ROB, and Game and Watch are overpowered, not Wolf. If he was so overpowered, he would take the spots that those characters are taking in tournament results. I mean, he's even easy to pick up and play.

I'm going to stick with the opinion of the experienced players in the smashbackroom (who are qualified enough to make the tier list each year) and my own opinion. Not just that, but the fact most of the people have already agreed he isn't overpowered.

Thread phails, stop wasting your time.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
WOW, you think he's overpowered because of his B moves? LOLOL, no no, I'm not going to even bother, especially since I still stand against my earlier post.

LOL @ how you didn't even mention the rest of his good aerials, his Ftilt, Fsmash, and his shield drop to Dsmash/Dash A.

Lol, Wolf is a great character, but not overpowered.
Snake, Metaknight, ROB, and Game and Watch are overpowered, not Wolf. If he was so overpowered, he would take the spots that those characters are taking in tournament results. I mean, he's even easy to pick up and play.

I'm going to stick with the opinion of the experienced players in the smashbackroom (who are qualified enough to make the tier list each year) and my own opinion. Not just that, but the fact most of the people have already agreed he isn't overpowered.

Thread phails, stop wasting your time.
I value hard work, but the obvious is there too. Just practice with wolf against level 7-8 CPUs or humans; and everything will be clear to you.

tag yeah

Smash Cadet
Wolf does have alot of great moves, Including a very good projectile weapon, a VERY good reflector/counter and good lateral recovery. I would not ban any char from a tourney though. If people think he is so OP then they should play him themselves, or actually take the time to learn how to beat him. I play ZSS and TL mostly and rarely have trouble beating local wolves.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I value hard work, but the obvious is there too. Just practice with wolf against level 7-8 CPUs or humans; and everything will be clear to you.
Is that a joke? Did you really mention CPUs?

Humans are reasonable, but simply any human = false. I'm very close to competitive smash players, such as CunningKitsune, given the fact in live in the same residence hall as them. That being said, I have a good environment for experimenting.

Also...Wolf is one of my mains <_<
. He's a very good character indeed.

I think you need to get some more competitive experience with Wolf, well smashbros in general, before you start making judgments about a character being overpowered, especially when the majority disagrees with you. Since that majority happens to be the better players, that should convince you more to do so.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
I agree with NJzFinest i laugh at the mention of CPUs. Also i live around competitive players also and i can tell you that wolf is yes a good char. but not OP at all. I main him and yes hes easy to pick up and at first you will win alot of matches because people will think hes god at first. Then they start learning wolfs moves and start getting better against him. I play an aerial offensive wolf and hardly use my blaster and smash moves which is why i think its funny you guys call him OP because of those moves when you can win with out them and lose with them. IMO the OP ones are those like Meta, ROB, and Marth. Calling wolf op is a joke those who think hes op just don't know how to fight against him and don't know that he is punishable and totally gimped with his save moves.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Wolf?
Good character, nice moveset, and his recovery is pretty normal.

But, he's NO LUCAS.
If anybody, Lucas is OP.
I mean, that lovely HUGE USMASH, the 3-shot dsmash, and a pretty decent fsmash, he's a force to be reckoned with. Plus....
Pk fire! Pk fire! Pk fire! Pk thunder.......KYA! *gzzt*
And a damage-dealing PSI Magnet?
Plus a shockalot nair?
What this be?
A SPIKE?
With 3 other kicks as well? NO!
Goodness! What happened to Ness?
What? Lucas's bair is a METEOR SMASH? *gasthp*
NOOO! *Rips hair out*

Seriously, Lucas is a very good character, and I bet he could take down anyone.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
sounds like some stupid local tourney. If I showed up to a tourney that was like that I would just walk out without saying anything. Good job though for getting first anyway and showing that you're good with other characters too.

If you think any level 7, 8, or 9 CPU can determine wether a character is overpowered you need some practice. Humans are one thing but seriously, CPUs.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I will say that wolf Fsmash is UBER gay, but that doesn't give anyone ground to ban him from tournaments because of one move. Next thing you know they'll ban toon link for too good of a recovery and G&W for a (most of the time...above 20%) 1 hit kill move even if it's random.

so yeah, local tourney being stupid.

PS: Lucas isn't that good, I've gimped his recovery with the all mighty egg bomb (cancels out pk thunder)...Lucas's get so POed when stuff like this happens.

star_wolf86

Smash Rookie
No character should ever been banned from a Smash tourney. If you're good enough, you can counter every character. Some might be easier to counter than others, but you can still counter all of them.

Punz

Smash Rookie
Lolz at all these posts, any videos with a pro wolf? against these so called defensive chars that can counter him. Lucas... lolz he's good but no match for wolf, we too fast for the little kid, Wolf easily outreaches the majority of players in the game with his smashes, and if u dont believe me, look at pikachu foward smash, -.- hella long, yet if you dont throw it in anticipation of a wolf foward smash, he'll get hit before even throwing it. I need to see some pro videos tho, tthis is just my opinion, i'm seeing all lame videos on this forum, someone link some professional videos plz.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
If you think any level 7, 8, or 9 CPU can determine wether a character is overpowered you need some practice. Humans are one thing but seriously, CPUs.
Nope, my brother is good as hell in the game. I don't need to clarify it any further than that. You probably just lack self-confidence when you fight. I use level 8 computers to train when there are no humans available. Oh, and if anything, DeDeDe should be banned instead of wolf.

Shears

Smash Master
i just played chillin and he used wolf, by no means should wolf be banned from a tournament, hes not that good. chillin did beat me but not by a real lot. wolfs got some real good moves, his dsmash, fsmash, bair, and dair. hes not broken at all. after i played some other kids wolf and 3 stocked him. i use metaknight and wolf being banned is the dumbest thing ive heard, hes not hard to gimp/edgehog, run off the edge and rack up damage on. however hes got good KO moves, great laser, and distance and speed on his smashes.

i agree if anyone should be banned its dedede/snake, but thats still stupid and theyre not broken. they can be beat, you just have to be smart and skilled.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
i just played chillin and he used wolf, by no means should wolf be banned from a tournament, hes not that good. chillin did beat me but not by a real lot. wolfs got some real good moves, his dsmash, fsmash, bair, and dair. hes not broken at all. after i played some other kids wolf and 3 stocked him. i use metaknight and wolf being banned is the dumbest thing ive heard, hes not hard to gimp/edgehog, run off the edge and rack up damage on. however hes got good KO moves, great laser, and distance and speed on his smashes.
wolfs got some real good moves, his dsmash, fsmash, bair, and dair.
Your giving Wolf enough reasons for him to be banned. I don't longer think he should be banned though. Maybe DeDeDe...

hes not hard to gimp/edgehog, run off the edge and rack up damage on.
What wolf player are you fighting against?

however hes got good KO moves, great laser, and distance and speed on his smashes.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Your giving Wolf enough reasons for him to be banned.
4 good moves makes a character "bannable"? Have you not used any other character lol?

Reborn, PLEASE leave this thread until you develop some sensible logic in your posts.

PS, everyone in the Brawl SmashBackRoom is now saying Falco and Fox>>>>>>Wolf (he's still high tier though).

blood77

Smash Rookie
Ban Wolf? I don't really like the character but why would you ban him? He doesn't have a infinite loop move, he doesn't have any stall moves, and his up b you can't directional out of. If you want to ban some one ban some one who deserves it. Actually scratch that don't ban any character, what is the matter with you people. How would you like it if your character was banned because you were too good with him and seemed that you only used annoying combos. It would suck!

Stop all the hate people, just stop.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
4 good moves makes a character "bannable"? Have you not used any other character lol?

Reborn, PLEASE leave this thread until you develop some sensible logic in your posts.

PS, everyone in the Brawl SmashBackRoom is now saying Falco and Fox>>>>>>Wolf (he's still high tier though).
1. Read my whole post

2. Try having the mentality of an adult for once.

The reason I quoted him was because he wasn't backing up his argument, that's all. He keeps pointing out Wolve's good spots but I don't see him mention any bad ones.

Note: I no longer think wolf should be banned (made that clear on my last post), but I do think he's a more balanced character than fox-falco overall. Wolf is also my space animal of preference because he falls faster than fox-falco; and can shine of course.

Shears

Smash Master
read my post again, i mentioned what was good, and what was bad. other than his fsmash, dsmash, dair, bair, neutralB and downB his moves suck. his tilts, jab, recovery and uair and fair arent that good. although he has some good moves and if you can master those few moves and use them right you will have a good wolf. not broken, but not terrible. also the wolf i played was chillins wolf, if you dont know who chillin is you dont know much about smash. he won because he used the few good moves greatly, but i was able to beat him in the air and prevent him from recovering because those are wolfs weaknesses, but if youre smart enough you can beat anyone. chillin is alot smarter smasher than i am and thats how he won.

T*H*O*R

Smash Cadet
I mean that's clearly not a well run tournament you went to at all. Obviously the host of the tournament got slapped by a Wolf player and decided that he would ban his opponents character as a result. There are far better characters in Brawl than Wolf and there are also far, far more gay characters present in the game as well (see the IC's alternating chain grabs if you want gay).

Conclusion: no self respecting tournament will ban any characters and certainly not Wolf at this point in Brawl's history. Perhaps if something truly broken emerges from the woodwork, the rules will be revised, but no one really wants to ban a character unless they absolutely have to.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
read my post again, i mentioned what was good, and what was bad. other than his fsmash, dsmash, dair, bair, neutralB and downB his moves suck. his tilts, jab, recovery and uair and fair arent that good. although he has some good moves and if you can master those few moves and use them right you will have a good wolf. not broken, but not terrible. also the wolf i played was chillins wolf, if you dont know who chillin is you dont know much about smash. he won because he used the few good moves greatly, but i was able to beat him in the air and prevent him from recovering because those are wolfs weaknesses, but if youre smart enough you can beat anyone. chillin is alot smarter smasher than i am and thats how he won.
I read your whole post. I know who Chilling is (he loved using Fox in SSBM), and why do you respect this "Chilling" person so much? He's just a human being playing smash like anyone else.

i agree if anyone should be banned its dedede/snake, but thats still stupid and theyre not broken. they can be beat, you just have to be smart and skilled.
Agree with the last sentence.

his tilts, jab, recovery and uair and fair arent that good
Never mentioned his tilts before.

Note: I'm confident that I can beat Chilling:).

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
Wolf?
Good character, nice moveset, and his recovery is pretty normal.

But, he's NO LUCAS.
If anybody, Lucas is OP.
I mean, that lovely HUGE USMASH, the 3-shot dsmash, and a pretty decent fsmash, he's a force to be reckoned with. Plus....
Pk fire! Pk fire! Pk fire! Pk thunder.......KYA! *gzzt*
And a damage-dealing PSI Magnet?
Plus a shockalot nair?
What this be?
A SPIKE?
With 3 other kicks as well? NO!
Goodness! What happened to Ness?
What? Lucas's bair is a METEOR SMASH? *gasthp*
NOOO! *Rips hair out*

Seriously, Lucas is a very good character, and I bet he could take down anyone.
I love how this thread has nothing to do with Lucas.

Shears

Smash Master
youre a moron, its "chillin" not "chilling" so you clearly dont know who he is and you didnt pay attention to my post or you wouldve noticed my spelling of it. and no you couldnt beat chillin, hes not human hes a smash bros super hero.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
youre a moron, its "chillin" not "chilling" so you clearly dont know who he is and you didnt pay attention to my post or you wouldve noticed my spelling of it. and no you couldnt beat chillin, hes not human hes a smash bros super hero.
1. No need for insults. Seriously, not necessary if we're discussing this in a civilized manner.

2. Doesn't matter how I spell it; that's not his real name and I said before he's human like anyone else in this planet.

3. I don't know if I should continue reading more nonsense; like insults 'cause I didn't spell something right? I wonder if an intelligent person would care about that.

4. You should try thinking about what your going to write before posting it.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
1. Read my whole post
I did? But there was one part I specifically wanted to comment on....that's why I quoted one part (unlike my other posts before).
2. Try having the mentality of an adult for once.
Nice, so you're a hypocrite.
So...using correct logic rather then simply my opinion is childish, am I right?
The reason I quoted him was because he wasn't backing up his argument, that's all. He keeps pointing out Wolve's good spots but I don't see him mention any bad ones.
4 moves

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
I did? But there was one part I specifically wanted to comment on....that's why I quoted one part (unlike my other posts before).

Nice, so you're a hypocrite.
So...using correct logic rather then simply my opinion is childish, am I right?

4 moves
You bore me; tired of arguing with you cause you keep talking nonsense. Why don't you just come in and fight me instead so we can settle this. Seriously.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
And whoever decided to ban Wolf was a moron by not seeing there are other characters in the game. Characters that, in my opinion, overpower Wolf (King DeDeDe for example). Hey, Bowser's good too...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You bore me; tired of arguing with you cause you keep talking nonsense.
Seriously dude, you even PMed me to tell me to read your comments in this thread. You wanted my word and I gave it to you.
Anyways, can you please elaborate? I mean...where exactly did I go wrong? What did I say that wasn't correct or didn't make sense? I'm serious when I say this, I don't really mind clearing up a few things. I had a lot of fun teaching my little cousins how to read English and do math, I don't see much of a difference here.
Why don't you just come in and fight me instead so we can settle this. Seriously.
Oh, so we're in a fight now?
I don't see what fighting would solve... this just shows that you have nothing left to refute and you're trying a different way to solve "your cause". Such a childish way to attempt to put an end at things.
We all know Wolf isn't broken and is the worst space animal; it's not a simple opinion, rather, a fact.

If we do play, it should not be over this... but rather for the fun of playing smash. But... if facing me is in fact that serious to you, let's make it a money match. Does $15 sound good?

_kSo_

Smash Master
You bore me; tired of arguing with you cause you keep talking nonsense. Why don't you just come in and fight me instead so we can settle this. Seriously.
It seems a lot of people are answering posts and comments with "you bore me" or something along those lines. Appears to me that people who do that realize that they have nothing more to comment on and aren't intelligent enough to squeeze out another useful, coherent thought from their little heads. First of all, this cannot possibly bore you, seeing as you have continued to post and respond to this thread, and what he is talking must not be nonsense because it is quite obvious that it has stumped you. I have read some of your previous posts in this thread, and it looks like you have been a hypocrite, for YOU are the one who has been talking nonsense.

Please get your facts straight and your argument in order before even attempting to start a dispute with ANYONE on the boards, let alone someone like NJzFinest who actually knows what he's talking about. Honestly, all you brawl noobs "bore me."

To save both of you time, for your money match, you should just mail him $15. It'd be so much easier and it would save you so much humiliation.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
It seems a lot of people are answering posts and comments with "you bore me" or something along those lines. Appears to me that people who do that realize that they have nothing more to comment on and aren't intelligent enough to squeeze out another useful, coherent thought from their little heads. First of all, this cannot possibly bore you, seeing as you have continued to post and respond to this thread, and what he is talking must not be nonsense because it is quite obvious that it has stumped you. I have read some of your previous posts in this thread, and it looks like you have been a hypocrite, for YOU are the one who has been talking nonsense.

Please get your facts straight and your argument in order before even attempting to start a dispute with ANYONE on the boards, let alone someone like NJzFinest who actually knows what he's talking about. Honestly, all you brawl noobs "bore me."

To save both of you time, for your money match, you should just mail him $15. It'd be so much easier and it would save you so much humiliation.
And you try to prove your intelligence by writing a long post unnecessarily. You wouldn't write like that if you were more confident in yourself; meaning your in defensive denial. And as far as being a hypocrite is concerned, I can say the same to you because you keep replying to my posts and posting in this thread in general. You have a very cool signature by the way (I'm not being sarcastic here).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
And as far as being a hypocrite is concerned, I can say the same to you because you keep replying to my posts and posting in this thread in general. You have a very cool signature by the way (I'm not being sarcastic here).
That was the first time KSO ever posted in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom