• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf and his Match Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I've been wondering Wolf boards, who do you have trouble against and against whom do you have everlasting confidence? Personally:

Happy to face: Donkey Kong

This ape isn't a particularly hard match for me, all thanks to the blaster. A game of keep away just makes this match a walk in the park for me. The side smash outranges all his options, and his recover is pretty terrible. Just watch out for his cargo throw off the edge and his powerful aerials.

Unhappy to face: Meta Knight

Puffball or not, this thing is ridiculously fast and dangerous. If you mess up, you'll be punished and you'll be hit hard. Pair up his pro gimping with Wolf's shoddy recovery and you've got a sad wolf. In your defense however, the blaster hits through the Tornado.

I'll update this with other user's posts, no need to make giant paragraphs, just write a bit. Based on General consensus I'll probably make a giant list of match ups. If you think I'm a fool and know nothing, please be sure to say so.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
I think wolf has an advantage over DK, but its such a dangerous match, with all his gimps and low precent kill moves.

Char I like to see that people actually play, Lucario or Luigi(and a bunch no one plays)

Chars I hate to see are falco/D3 cause of chain grabs are just so annoying. Then ROB is so annoying, MK's and Snakes would be, but I've played a million of em and know them almost as well as I know wolf.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Really donkey kong? I could have sworn he had a lot of advantages over wolf. Meta knight pretty dang annoying tho.

Happy to fight: Ike

Hate to fight: Pikachu

DK's match really depends on how you play it. The main idea is to not get to close. While you shouldn't become a "spammer noob", Fsmash and blaster are very valuable assets in this match.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I think wolf has an advantage over DK, but its such a dangerous match, with all his gimps and low precent kill moves.

Char I like to see that people actually play, Lucario or Luigi(and a bunch no one plays)

Chars I hate to see are falco/D3 cause of chain grabs are just so annoying. Then ROB is so annoying, MK's and Snakes would be, but I've played a million of em and know them almost as well as I know wolf.
Honestly, despite what our guide says, DK is nowhere near a Wolf counter.

The only characters I consider Wolf counters are Snake, MK, and Falco.

Despite having chaingrabs, D3 isn't that bad of a matchup, I think it's pretty even to be honest. Unlike Falco, he doesn't have a spike, so his chain-grabbing isn't that lethal. D3 can also be pretty easy to hit with Wolf's spike and he's also a large target, which makes it easy to connect with short-hop Bairs.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I think I'll edit the first post later with a giant list of characters and the board's opinions of the match ups, until then, keep posting.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Characters that I don't like playing against: Game and Watch, Marth, Zelda

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
GW can be a pain. He generally has priority advantage from most angles and he can bucket your blaster shots.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Watch out for Lucario. At the start of any stock, as long as he's under 50% himself, he can chain throw Wolf up to 70% using Force palm, and then throw you over the edge to gimp your recovery.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
This thread has given me an idea, so if it turns out to be failuresome and disorganized, I'll carry out my idea.

However, I think you should pick a character and discuss the pros and cons of the match up.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
This thread has given me an idea, so if it turns out to be failuresome and disorganized, I'll carry out my idea.

However, I think you should pick a character and discuss the pros and cons of the match up.
Something similar to a character a day thing? Seems good to me. But do tell what your idea is, I'd be glad to work with you.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah, actually.

I was thinking we could make an "Official Wolf Match-Up Thread"

Focus on a character a week or something. Discuss the pros and cons and how Wolf faces up against them. What you should and shouldn't do in that particular match. That could prove to be very helpful.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
That sounds useful and helpful for the board. I'm pretty much for making a new topic, if you're up to the team effort that is?

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Falco and ICs give me some trouble but I can still beat them. I haven't found one character that is a consistent Wolf counter. I seem to do well against every character.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Falco and ICs give me some trouble but I can still beat them. I haven't found one character that is a consistent Wolf counter. I seem to do well against every character.
So even if you ever find yourself at some sort of disadvantage because of your character, you keep playing and try out different strategies until you can find something that works and not repeat the same tactics which aren't working? Well it sure is better than running off to the internet and asking someone to write you an essay on how to beat that said character. I wish there were more Wolf players like you.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
I still don't see how Sonic has an advantage over Wolf aside from speed and recovery. =/ Wolf outprioritizes him in every move and his reflector > Sonic's approach.

Oh and RAWR NEW AVY!

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Most characters in the game, I don't care about. But when I see a fricken Pikachu, I get annoyed. >_> It's hard to land some hits because the thing is so small. And that spam. Why? Why the down B spam?

As far as I'm concerned, the only other character I hate to face is: Wolf.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Well I haven't played in many tournaments, my only real experience is with friends. Two of my friends are equal to me in play. The one I usually have no problem against his snake, sheik, and toon link. Sometimes its close when he uses lucario or zelda. My other friend exclusively uses Marth which has given me the most trouble.
So I am only uncomfortable fighting Marth I guess.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
So even if you ever find yourself at some sort of disadvantage because of your character, you keep playing and try out different strategies until you can find something that works and not repeat the same tactics which aren't working? Well it sure is better than running off to the internet and asking someone to write you an essay on how to beat that said character. I wish there were more Wolf players like you.
Thanks man.

Zaki

Smash Rookie
well depends on the DK player, my friend happens to be a very good one
2 out of three matches, he'd win the two

his DK is pretty basic, i mean, aside from all the flashy dodges and quick moves, even with DKs slow technique, it becomes hard to fight when you're expecting more than just "DK"

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Fighting snake isn't so bad, a down throw off the edge followed up with a dair works like a charm for me, but then again I haven't really played any good snakes... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. The only pros when playing a DK are blaster and fsmash, and reflector (for countering purposes)

Falco... is a pain in the ***. His fsmash is ridiculously annoying, and theres that chain grab... once I broke out after the second grab with the reflector, but the person I was playing could've messed up... anyone know if that should actually work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom