• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah I had no idea about what maps were banned or anything so I just trusted the opponent. >_>

But Ganon is so much fun. I tried Wolf but that was not working out. I did soooooo bad.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone play at pokemonshowdown.com?
I play it and I'm even in a group that we theory craft and have tournaments against each other. Last week we did a NU tournament and i won so hard and wrecked all. It is a fun thing to learn the pokemon metagame and battling against friends. Why you asking?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ugh.

Project M. Take it from someone who doesnt' play the game but places 2nd OOS.

It's a slippery slope and full of stupid **** that makes no sense, like Donkey Kong being faster than Sheik and having a guarenteed up-air after up-throw.

DK HAS A GUARENTEED UPTHROW TO UPAIR AND IS FASTER THAN SHEIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/STUPID GAME

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I play it and I'm even in a group that we theory craft and have tournaments against each other. Last week we did a NU tournament and i won so hard and wrecked all. It is a fun thing to learn the pokemon metagame and battling against friends. Why you asking?
I play it, got like 8 different teams but all of them are OU, the page is great, since you can play competitively without spending hours creating a team. When do you want to play? :p

GUYS I got first on a 64 people tournament, Im still shaking on excitement. I defeated Ryan, Yei, and Alex, basically our top 2nd, 1st and 5th at ranking, I finally beat that guy's marth, even as you all say its free. MK was banned so Yei sent wario/falco and marth, i only lost to his falco, which was a laughably ridiculous fight but nvm. I am so happy :D, got a trophy for the effort which has a great value for me since its a motivation that I can keep improving and if I play calm I can do pretty good. The finals was against Alex, the ROB player, it was a 3-0 on my favor but we both pulled some pretty good stuff, we recorded them (regular camara) so I can post them later :p

perfectedidiot2

Smash Cadet
You clearly didn't read my post Rob...I said I'm the only high level :wolf: now. You're the only top :wolf: (Always have been). There's a reason you're the best :wolf:.

:018:
Funny, I thought you said I was the best wofl.

j/k

And holy carpel tunnels, so many people are still active in this game.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I play it, got like 8 different teams but all of them are OU, the page is great, since you can play competitively without spending hours creating a team. When do you want to play?
Aaahh OU is an ok tier set (so much better than ubers imo) You should try the other tiers to mix up the fun. I do like the little time commitment but I don't play much unless a local fun tournament is coming up. I have no idea what time zone your in so idk if we will be able to play much. plus school has a +10 priority and girlfriend has a +8 I do want to face you in a few battles

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I play it, got like 8 different teams but all of them are OU, the page is great, since you can play competitively without spending hours creating a team. When do you want to play? :p

GUYS I got first on a 64 people tournament, Im still shaking on excitement. I defeated Ryan, Yei, and Alex, basically our top 2nd, 1st and 5th at ranking, I finally beat that guy's marth, even as you all say its free. MK was banned so Yei sent wario/falco and marth, i only lost to his falco, which was a laughably ridiculous fight but nvm. I am so happy :D, got a trophy for the effort which has a great value for me since its a motivation that I can keep improving and if I play calm I can do pretty good. The finals was against Alex, the ROB player, it was a 3-0 on my favor but we both pulled some pretty good stuff, we recorded them (regular camara) so I can post them later :p
Congrats, can't wait to see the videos.

Rizen

Smash Legend
This thread's always had nice elasticity, bouncing here, there and back :)

I finally saw FFVII, Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus cutscenes online:
Advent (spoilers)

FFVII set high expectations and Advent (and DoC) fell very short :/ .
The fights and entire move would have been so much better if they weren't scatterbrained. Camera 1>2, dif local> dif cam>flashback>dif local... ugh.
The Sepharoth clones actually worked decently but frankly Jenova should have been more behind it all and not Sepharoth. I never really pictured S as more than part of Jenova in the original FFVII.
Other jenova kids were dumb, they added a minor shock and did nothing for the story or emotional value. Go strong or leave them out IMO.
The story was okay but watered down and dragged out over long scatterbrained fights. It had potential but never realized it.
Also, it needed Matera in fights!

Characters:
Cloud: Too emo but okay
Tifa: weak, not the FFVII Tifa who struts around and kickboxes Weapons. And I'm not just talking about the outfit.
Ghosts should have been more behind the scenes. Mysterious. Aeris did not have the presence of her in the game.
Terks: Okay but a little too buffoonish. The last fight with the in the game was actually challenging.
Rufis: Yes. He actually was right on and surviving Diamond Weapon wasn't that unrealistic. Best line in movie: "A good son would have known."
Vincent: Yes. My only complaint is he had no limit breaks.
Others: Should have gotten bigger parts except Kait Sith who no one cares about. The Cameos were just showy.
Sepharoth: okay but shallow. Like many characters, he didn't live up to his game counterpart.

Pluses: Including acquired weapons and limit breaks in fights was very cool. Midgar and environments were faithful and well done recreations. The music brought you back to how the game felt. Lol at the fight end jingle ring.

Overview:
It was probably better since I know the game but not great. 2 or 2.5 of 5 stars. Okay but it could have been so much better :/ . Even with the same story (which also could have been improved) but better organized in linear telling and less cut fights Advent Children would have rose a star or two.

Cerberus, later. Maybe.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It's a program called YGOPro. Dueling Network is good too, though it's missing some cards, and it moves a lot slower since everything is manual. Plus I'm still pretty new to Yugioh and I'm still learning the rules, so using a program that's more automatic makes things easier. I'm finally getting to a point where I'm making decent decks at least.

Also, me and some of my friends online are doing an 8-man yugioh tourny. Right now I'm 1-1 with my opponent in the first round, but he had to leave after the 2nd match, so we'll finish later.

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You could have just seen me on commentary for any tourney I was at or watched another webcam vid I had if you were truly curious.

:018:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good stuff Rob :) . Smash dem Dthrow techs!
Ike would be much lower, maybe high- low tier if his jab was bad. He might have the best jab in the game considering the frame 2 start, cancels and followups.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
people should check Zincs vids, I haven't been able to yet but I am going to tonight when I get off work, he's probably better than me :o

and he just won a 64 man tournament, MK banned, but that's still impressive, I haven't been able to beat Domo's secondaries yet.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well played vs ROB Zync :) . I'm going to take a break in between watching those, lol.

^for Wolf isn't a MK banned tourney harder because his worse MUs will be more common?

rsr2

Smash Lord

perfectedidiot2

Smash Cadet
That is pretty impressive, though admittedly I don't follow standard very much.

I'm more of a casual player. Collect cards and make silly decks amongst them to play against my playgroup.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Hey that's always fun too. My favorite thing to do is get a group of 5 and play color magic. You choose a color and look at the back of the magic card and sit according the color. Then you play but the twist is the people sitting to your left and right are your allies and the people opposite of you are your enemies. Everyone starts with 20 and also you can block using your creatures to defend your allies from death. The first person to kill the 2 enemies wins.

Also I am on a liking rampage. Getting that Facebook Balla status.

perfectedidiot2

Smash Cadet
I've played that format quite a few times, though amongst my friends we call it "Star." I tend to make myself a target there, meaning I'm either awesome at diplomacy or horribad at it.

I'm always a fan of multiplayer modes. 2-headed giant (2v2) is one of my personal favorites and I always do enjoy a good emperor (3v3) game.

What is this "facebook" you speak of?

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Well played vs ROB Zync :) . I'm going to take a break in between watching those, lol.

^for Wolf isn't a MK banned tourney harder because his worse MUs will be more common?
MK isnt a great MU to start with, and I think wolf's bad MU's are still not thaaaat common :p I think we got better ways around our bad MU's than around good MK players. And Im bad vs MK anyway lol

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, if every single MK ends up playing and having a really competent D3/Pika/Sheik/Wario/Ike, then YES, it could be worse, but other than those 5 matchups I'd say that I'd rather play vs every other character than MK.

Also, Nebraska has developed a brawl scene :o Rocha and myself have been traveling and I got that Ghoul person who got 2nd at my local playing us now and he might go to KS with us :o He's got a lot of talent and he is better than I was when i started, but he also has done his homework and I was just my own creation of self.

Also, and more importantly, Tyser has said he is going to come to games more often for personal reasons :o and we played a lot tonight :o and D3 is still ****ing stupid

but I think I discovered that LYLAT is our best stage vs D3 out of the 9 stages that are legal in Nebraska

It's good news for me as Tyser said a while ago that if a scene developed with young talent and I actually got good enough to make it worth his time he'd get into it again, and all of this is happening.

Edit: Just watched the vids, not gonna lie, Sync, but just about every ROB I have played recently is better than that dude, however I was impressed with your play. (I've played Mr Eric/SneakyTako/Stingers/Ghoul our local recently).

Top Bottom