• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It's a small, small world!

+1 post count.

I mean, I lose to Mr. Doom, he's like the 3rd best Ike even though he's retired

AND

He is Holms brother...so he l IKE knows the matchup really well :(

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:ike: +3's :wolf:.

Are you going to Rescue 2 Arda? If you can, could you bring me an iced coffee with some sugar to the venue? Driving up Saturday morning and I'm gonna be exhausted lul. I'll pay you of course.

:018:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I played against Mr. Doom in pools at WHOBO 3. He was more scary to fight than Coney, who was also in my pool.

Edit: Just looked at the last page. Hurray for Pidgeot being back.

Also, I will never stop posting Arcanine here. Even if Arcanine wasn't here from the start of the new forums, I would have typed out what I usually do for Arcanine. Just like how I still type out my color tags... because it's been ingrained into my mind that that's how to type a smashboards post now.

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Hold up, Mr. Doom is back? What about Holms?

Joe, I *might* actually be able to do that lol. No promises, but I'll do my best. And I have an exam the Monday after so as long as I'm feeling decently prepared for that I'll probably be there.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Ike sucks, Mr Doom is good cause he can DI very well, but Ike still sucks lol

Also MWW sucks too other than like 3-4 players than there all free, don't talk up a bad region lmao

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah and I only lose to those FIVE players. Ike is broken, MJ is broken, MK is broken, Lux is broken and FAE is broken.

Also JJRockets is pretty damn good too. And basically all of KS, Zeton, Fino if you count him since he moved to texas.

Joker is one of the most underrated players (though Kain has beaten him a lot) that I know of.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That's because our states are much bigger than more east ones but we have a lot less people and have to drive 2-5 hours one way to most things, even small gatherings :'(
Only a few people can make it to many. *sigh*

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What good MKs do you even have in the MW? I honestly don't know of any. Or maybe my standard for a "good" MK is too high, because screw NY/NJ.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Fishbait's a really good player who uses MK from CO.

A bad region (and other reasons) is why I wifi a lot. I'm better at wifi :/

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol Rizen.

Domo is the only true Top Level MK in the entire MW and not just MW:W and he's who I spent time hanging with this past weekend.

MJG, Kel, Lain would be a few other notable MK players.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What good MKs do you even have in the MW? I honestly don't know of any. Or maybe my standard for a "good" MK is too high, because screw NY/NJ.

Clel (He is back now, talked with him the other day)
Domo
MJG
Fishbait (I don't know how good he actually is. DeLux went to his region and ***** him)

Kel, Lain, Overswarm/Judge (If either of them even count anymore) are all Midwest East unless I'm mistaken (Michigan/Kentucky/Ohio/Indiana I assume are MWE).

The best :metaknight: in the MW is Ally.

In other news, I'm going to an Md/Va tourney this weekend, but I probably won't enter singles. With Zero, M2k, and Esam there is there really a point lmao? Especially when I'm going to an NJ tourney the week after and am entering singles there. I'm just gonna win teams this tourney (Hopefully) with M2k. I am going to MM Zero for $5 in a Bo5. Might MM Esam too if he's willing (He doesn't like to play out :wolf: vs :pikachu2: MM's because they're loads of camping).

Rizen

Smash Legend
I never said we have any top level MKs. MK was banned from most tournaments so that's not really our strong category. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-3-BP3gks

Also you can't base anything off 1 ******. I've beaten Delux on occasion.
The point is, if you're in a good region and have money to travel you're noticed more and have better setup. Bad region's have it a lot harder but we're not completely free. :[

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wins on wifi < Friendlies irl < Tournament Wins < Thugz Combo Videos > Vagina

I was going to mention Ally but I figured that was a no brainer and also he isn't exactly MW since he's from canada but he is PR'd in MI so whateves.

Point is that Domo is on another level (even though Clel has beaten me harder) than the rest.

Also Gull, how much is entry? Sounds like you are challenging the players that are gonna win anyway so you should just enter bracket anyway lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol @ Thugz vid ranking.

As much as people bash wifi, it's trained some of the top players like a certain ZSS who won Apex. I've played some of the best people in the world on wifi, just sayin'.
Salt.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Going to my first Melee tournament and Project M tourney tomorrow. What's fun is, I am really bad at Melee and I have never played Project M before so this is going to be fun!

rsr2

Smash Lord
I am going to get dead last at both but that's okay with me. I just go to hangout with sexy studs all day.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Playing with M2k at the moment. I've really been doing the punishes I desire. I'm gonna post the best punishes to look for and some strategies vs :metaknight:.
After shielding nado for 2 seconds, roll away and punish depending on vicinity of :metaknight:. There is 0 reason :wolf: should ever get hurt with nado outside of a shieldstab if he is grounded and PS/regular shielding.

When :metaknight: does a glide attack past you on shield and is in close proximity, turn around and jab. If you powershield or shield and he's in front of you then grab. Never roll towards the area he is glide attacking into because you will eat an Fsmash or the glide attack itself.
Never airdodge (This should go without saying)

If nado is lunging right at you and it is at :wolf:'s body level (And you have no time to time a shine/laser/jump away) I suggest dtilt because it will clank and end nado immediately due to lack of a hurtbox (Told ya guys this move is good).

Never move into :metaknight: because you will eat a nado or GSL. Hitting behind a shield is fine. Predicted spaced Bairs on shield is also good, but if the :metaknight: habitually GSL's then I would suggest baiting that with an empty short hop or a dashing shield>Then punish with Fair.

Don't ever move above :metaknight:. This includes NEVER using JS. The only time I would advise the use of JS is if you are shielding on a platform and the :metaknight: starts Uair'ing your shield.

Recover in multiple ways via get up roll under 100, fair on stage, ledgehop laser planking>side b, lightstep, scarring (Rarely...), and get up attack over 100%. Get up attack under 100% is terrible, lacks range, and is easily punishable. Over 100% get up attack is pretty good and does over 10% LOL.

Don't ever camp with laser. Only use it as a direct punish when :metaknight: is airborne, offstage, or approaching nado in a stupid fashion. Use of grounded b-reversals while retreating are stupidly good though. Those are fine.

Use Dthrow a lot, but at higher percents, begin to Bthrow and bait out :metaknight:'s jumps to Uair/Fair him.

When recovering offstage when :metaknight: is chasing, change your position so you can bair him if he wants to attack you. M2k could rarely gimp me because I bair'd his attempts (Literally).

Fair is not a move to be used ever except for killing. Keep that in mind. The only punish it helps with is when :metaknight: GSL's. Nair is a "better" punish vs a slow gliding :metaknight:, but it's riskier if the no stun parts are the ones coming out first.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Going to my first Melee tournament and Project M tourney tomorrow. What's fun is, I am really bad at Melee and I have never played Project M before so this is going to be fun!
You got this <3

Playing with M2k at the moment. I've really been doing the punishes I desire. I'm gonna post the best punishes to look for and some strategies vs :metaknight:.
Interesting. Thoughts on FH uair to punish GSL instead of fair? It does 1% more and doesn't stale one of our best kill moves in the MU. Also, I hope you guys got some videos!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Rizen, we've never played before? Given that I've gone undefeated in MM's in CO and I've only lost to MJG, Fishbait, and Bonds in tournament out there, you haven't beaten me on occasion. Heck, I don't even recall losing a friendly to anyone out there outside of doubles.

For the record, Fishbait is really good, but it's his LUCARIO that's the most terrifying to play against. Overall I'm 2-1 in sets with him, or 3-1 including MMs. Even outside the one MM I think we've played maybe 3 friendlies with his MK involved, and I think I won them all

Rizen

Smash Legend
^It was just a wifi friendly but that was my point, a random game doesn't mean anything. Actually I was hoping you'd name search and comment on Fishbait.
*shifty eyes face*

DeLux

The only time we've even played wifi is doubles where we were on the same team???

Rizen

Smash Legend
I thought we played another where we both switched characters a lot. My only point was saying '________ lost to ________' doesn't mean anything. I've played tons of people with meaningless wins and losses. It helped me improve but I can't say '____ is bad for losing to me' or vise versa or 'Fish is bad because Delux ***** him'.

I have to stand up for my region. People always drop in the regional thread and say 'CO sucks' and make fun of all the fires :(. But despite having no real smash stuff for years since Ran- moved up, organized a big system, abandoned it and disappeared, having several hour drives between good people, getting most practice from wifi, dealing with mountains and weather that scares OoState-rs, we do have some good people. Skill is skill.

Coast and big smash scene people don't know how lucky they are to say 'I'm going to APEX or WHOBO' or can drive 15 minutes to a smash thing.

I'm not putting big smash people down but you have to respect where we're coming from too. *shrug*

DeLux

Given that I played like two characters up until extremely recently, you're probably mixing me up with someone else lol

And I think you're kind of overreacting. Seagull was just saying that Fishbait is considered good by reputation for the people that bother to follow or from the people that have played him but has had some mixed results traveling (decent at Genesis, drowned out at Whobo) so it's hard to gauge exactly how good he is

DeLux

Nope, I will generally forfeit, go ICs, go MK, or go ZSS in that order before I'd go Wario on Brinstar

rsr2

Smash Lord
So today's tournaments were really fun. I did really poopy in Melee (17th) but got 9th in Project M (out of 17). Ganon all day yo. But Project M is really fun and I got a couple people interested so more people to play and get interested in the game again :D

Top Bottom