• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
My debating side is super rusty lol. I used to be decent with these things, now I'm old and lazy and apathetic so it's getting harder to not sound like a moron. Also, studying engineering hasn't really been great for my written communication skills, to say the least :p

:059:

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^lol.

Does anyone feel guilty about lag abusing? I have G&W for bad lag but feel guilty playing him because he's so cheap lol. Too bad he can't counter other lag characters like Snake and Ike.

Wolf is alright in lag and gets some boosts but his recovery and SD factor hurt.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
wolf is amazing in lag

press c stick down or to the side and win games

Ishiey, when did you become a senator?

Zync

Smash Journeyman
^lol.

Does anyone feel guilty about lag abusing? I have G&W for bad lag but feel guilty playing him because he's so cheap lol. Too bad he can't counter other lag characters like Snake and Ike.

Wolf is alright in lag and gets some boosts but his recovery and SD factor hurt.
I feel happy in general when people complain on me about having lag, since Im from Costa Rica 95% of my opponents have lag with me, so whenever Im winning it is cause of the lag, always, Im apparently the worst wifi player since I never win based on my skill. And mexico is specially salty with that. A good conection is rare because our internet here isnt as fast as in US, so even battling people on the same country has lag.

On AllisBrawl I changed my location to New Jersey since people didnt accept my matches looking at how my flag was foreign, now they do. I find ocasionally people who just mock wolf by spamming C stick without trying to play, but I try to play as I do offline, which doesnt work very well on wifi but still =/. The most bull**** stuff I do on wifi is to do double Dsmashes and airdodge right infront of my opponent and jabing or doing another dodge.

Also, on wifi wolf has a true combo: Roll behind ----> Dsmash!!!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
On AllisBrawl I changed my location to New Jersey since people didnt accept my matches looking at how my flag was foreign, now they do.

Also, on wifi wolf has a true combo: Roll behind ----> Dsmash!!!!!
Lol and LOL-er :bee:.

I picture a circle around CO which covers most of the WC, South Canada, North Mexico and about to the states touching the EC states for okay wifi http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/usacodes.htm

G&W's my only lag abuse character. Wolf does well enough but characters with good MUs can overcome him. PT does well. Zelda gets some boost and nerfs and gets smash spammy but is still a low tier. Ganon can get a boost but he just sucks. Link and Bowser get shutdown super hard when the lag climbs worse than average :( .
...I can use MK too but suck and can't time attacks in lag at all :c

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So,

We had a local today

Some Random ended up getting 2nd and taking a game off me. I was sandbagging but this guy is good.

I might finally have a sparing partner who is closer to my level.

Apparently him and his friends play like EVERY day for HOURS so I'm rusty compared to these guys LOOOL

Rizen

Smash Legend
You've got to get back in the game ;) Who's he use?

I'm only screwing around online every other day to get some work done, btw.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Rob and Snake.

His Rob is good, like pretty legit. His snake is really paitent, he grabbed me like 90 bajillion times because I just spam attacks these days, but most the damage I got from him was me trying to do cool ****, like DI an granade blast and fair/bair/dair/shine. I need practice vs good players putting myself in bad situations, it's how you get better.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=334037

tekkie

Smash Master
anything that isn't a crt is lag if you're a technical player

i'd never play in an actual tournament on a laggy tv, especially with wolf; the suicide risk is too high lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lucas and TL are free. And by free, I mean definitely even at absolute worst for Wolf. Bair is good. I could give details, but it's a Thursday night, if ya know what I mean :3 (because I sure don't lol) if you need serious advice though, PM me and I'll give you some help within 24 hours. Tbh, it's mostly being good with bair.

Not really related: I joke around about being the best Wolf all the time with False, it makes me so happy. Realistically though, I'm more like 4th after Kain/MCPP/Gull. But I'm hoping to solidify myself in their tier within the next year; I just need to learn how to not be super free vs MK :p

:059:

:phone:
You're 5th. You forgot the best :wolf: aka MRM is in front of me/McPP/Kain.
LOL. This made me laugh a lot.
anything that isn't a crt is lag if you're a technical player

i'd never play in an actual tournament on a laggy tv, especially with wolf; the suicide risk is too high lol
you would never go to MLG?
JJ went in.

In other news, I'm going to genesis 3 for sure.

I also need to attend more tourneys, but I also need to practice, which I don't ever feel like doing. How do I gain the drive to practice to get better (I need to) when I'm complacent with my current power level?

:018:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I asked people to help me pretend to get better, and all I got was 1 seagullman video vs a snake.

Also based on wins (since that's my creteria for me being on the top 5 list), Ish is ahead of me based on his head2head win vs FAE. He's the only Wolf I know of (other than Kain/Gull/Holms/MCPE???) who has beaten someone I have lost to.

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
what sould I start/ban/pick against :metaknightbrawl: and :toonlinkbrawl: ?

Think against :metaknightbrawl: is FD the best Choice, but what souold I pick if I lose the next round?

:toonlinkbrawl: ban most times Battlefield against me.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I never ever pick FD because of fear of the easiest thing in the world. A pocket D3 who only grabs.

FD is probably one of our best stages (when we're on stage at least) but it sucks because I personally never pick it and almost always ban it (unless I know they don't have a pocket D3). I honestly don't fear Pika/IC on FD half as much because of the lack of grab range. Wario is stupid on FD, too.

VS TL, Delfino for CP's, SV for neutral even though I tend to avoid SV because it's everyones favorite stage (assuming they banned BF).

Top Bottom