• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Gah777

Smash Lord
Except that DeDeDe and Pikachu both have 0-deaths on us. As well as ICs who have 0-deaths on everyone, but they can't really do much once Nana's gone. And Wario's stupid CG as well.
Pikachu has a 0-death on everyone though.

D

Deleted member

Except that DeDeDe and Pikachu both have 0-deaths on us. As well as ICs who have 0-deaths on everyone, but they can't really do much once Nana's gone. And Wario's stupid CG as well.
D3 0-Death is extremely difficult to do, and you shouldn't really be worrying about it.

Pikachu has a 0-death? On Wolf? Wolf should be able to escape before the kill. I've never been killed out of the CG before.

Wario...lol. Not many Wario's can do the CG on Wolf. If they can, they usually only manage to keep it up for 5 throws at the most. Plus it's percentage dependent.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
D3 0-Death is extremely difficult to do, and you shouldn't really be worrying about it.

Pikachu has a 0-death? On Wolf? Wolf should be able to escape before the kill. I've never been killed out of the CG before.

Wario...lol. Not many Wario's can do the CG on Wolf. If they can, they usually only manage to keep it up for 5 throws at the most. Plus it's percentage dependent.
I think it requires him to QAC lock you once at the end and then Thunder. When done properly, it is indeed inescapable.

D

Deleted member

I think it requires him to QAC lock you once at the end and then Thunder. When done properly, it is indeed inescapable.
Has it ever been done in a tournament match?

I've only seen it on training mode.

Also, there was a Pit main that posted here before saying that Wolf has good enough MUs to make it into B-tier. If we had the tournament results, maybe that could happen, but in all honestly...he really should be in C.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
lol the thing is, if wolf ever becomes A tier, people will perfect the CG just to counter him.

this is why we need to make wolf E tier. that way nobody bothers to practice the cgs

D

Deleted member

lol the thing is, if wolf ever becomes A tier, people will perfect the CG just to counter him.

this is why we need to make wolf E tier. that way nobody bothers to practice the cgs
You guys only want low-tier tourney money. :c

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
you need to think of who wolf would jump above, i could see luigi and donkey but who else?
that'd put him at the top of D tier, and possibly into the bottom of C tier which is probably where he needs to be at this point.
But both luigi and donkey have results on par with wolf. So....we gotta go out there and prove ourselves! ;D and by "we" i mean you fellers, you are my light and muse <3

oh yeah, i have a quandry, my roomates friend wants me to find a pic that she can bring into some place and they'll print it onto a pillow case really nicely and essentially make me a body pillow. which is what i wanted...
but... do i want a golden sun image? on a pillow? hrmmm
the obvious answer would just be a cute girl but bleh, thats not unique
so my choices are:
golden sun, tales of vesperia, gurren lagann, or soul eater, my two favorite games/animes in recent times
halp meh D:

D

Deleted member

you need to think of who wolf would jump above, i could see luigi and donkey but who else?
that'd put him at the top of D tier, and possibly into the bottom of C tier which is probably where he needs to be at this point.
But both luigi and donkey have results on par with wolf. So....we gotta go out there and prove ourselves! ;D and by "we" i mean you fellers, you are my light and muse <3
I'm also going by MUs, not just tournaments results.

And if a character like Fox has similar MUs to Wolf(only worse for Fox), then what puts Fox above all those characters? His tournament results, at least the last I saw, were worse overall than Wolf.

There's really a lot of things wrong with the tier list IMO. But whatever.

Also, go play Sonic Colors.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i hate sonic as a character and i hate 3D sonic games

i will probably never play sonic colors, ever xD

but i will be picking up the new donkey kong country this sunday <3 now there's a series that didnt deserve to die out

i would also say that fox is better than luigi and DK, he should be 1 spot above wolf imo just cause i see him as a slightly better character, but thats just me
wolf>fox in every way for the most part

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hrmm...

my hate for him is really strong :/ sonic 1,2, and 3 are good cause he doesnt talk and you dont get subjugated to his stupid personality.
other than that, i can't stomach him or his lame friends xD

eddy and i are in the woffle chat room, chatting it up, everyone should come back and make it fun again :D

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

I do not consider difficulty of a chaingrab to be a reason to discount it. All of these CGs are more than doable, people are working on D3's new infinite already. In the end it doesn't change much because smallstep to ledge infinite is the same issue, and infiinite/smallstep are banned anyways, but 0-death from a grab is indeed something to worry about. Pikachu does the dthrow CG to 110 or something and then footstools you to QAL thunder, but past ~60% iirc Pika can't start the CG. Problem with DeDeDe is that the threat is ALWAYS THERE. Not cool.

oh yeah, i have a quandry, my roomates friend wants me to find a pic that she can bring into some place and they'll print it onto a pillow case really nicely and essentially make me a body pillow. which is what i wanted...
but... do i want a golden sun image? on a pillow? hrmmm
the obvious answer would just be a cute girl but bleh, thats not unique
so my choices are:
golden sun, tales of vesperia, gurren lagann, or soul eater, my two favorite games/animes in recent times
halp meh D:
Jenna from Golden Sun. Best of both worlds ;D

If I could play him, Sonic would be my secondary in Brawl.
This, or at least one of my secondaries ;_;

:059:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i'm considering that ishy, jenna or mia

or one of the new girls :D

i need to find a good pic though, nice and crisp

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's as though Golden is trying to give me more than one reason to dislike him.

@Ishy: Teach me Wofl and I'll teach you Sonic. :>

D

Deleted member

I do not consider difficulty of a chaingrab to be a reason to discount it. All of these CGs are more than doable, people are working on D3's new infinite already. In the end it doesn't change much because smallstep to ledge infinite is the same issue, and infiinite/smallstep are banned anyways, but 0-death from a grab is indeed something to worry about.
It's also not something to necessarily affect Wolf alone on the tier list, seeing as this works on almost the entire cast, including characters in top tier. If anything, it would help the penguin move up, not push Wolf down.

This is also if we start to actually see D3's performing it in tournaments.

Also, it sounds to me like Pikachu's 0-death is pretty stage dependent. As long as you're somewhere with platforms above you, you're not getting killed by Thunder. Just ban FD and hope they don't take you to smashville. If so, platform camp.

theobaldo51

Smash Rookie
Hi, people.

I observed a strange trajectory when the 2nd hit of Wolf's DACUS hits the opponent. You can see an example here at 2:25 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjHw7NMmIrI
The opponent is projected diagonally instead of up direction.

Is there any explanation ?

(sorry if i make mistakes in my english)

Gah777

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've seen that happen before too. It looked like M2K blocked the first hit, so maybe the second hit sends the opponent in a different direction depending on what part of the hitbox hit (i.e. if they get hit with the top part they get sent up, but if they get hit with the bottom part they get sent diagonally). But I don't know for sure.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Wolf's DACUS does that if the first hit is dodged. It makes for a decent kill move.

Edit: Also, at Auspher, if Pika does his chain grab and then QAC lock out of it and there's a platform above you, he doesn't have to Thunder you right away. He can just continue the QAC lock until you DI out from under the platform, or until you have enough damage to kill you with Fsmash.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Also Pika has the d-throw>buffered u-air>footstool>QAC lock>jab lock>finisher (any kill move of pika's choice, i.e. thunder or f-smash). It works on every character.

D

Deleted member

Also Pika has the d-throw>buffered u-air>footstool>QAC lock>jab lock>finisher (any kill move of pika's choice, i.e. thunder or f-smash). It works on every character.
Every character? God, Pika is brutal. I can QAC, but I'm not good enough to lock with it.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Every character? God, Pika is brutal. I can QAC, but I'm not good enough to lock with it.
The scary part is he doesn't even need the throw if he wants to Uair > Footstool > QAC lock against Wolf, and from the few matches I played against K Prime last night, it looks like it's easier on Wolf than other characters.

Gah777

Smash Lord
If Pikas started implementing and mastering this technique I could see Pika being top tier >.<

Top Bottom