• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
It's not bad for Wolf but it's very good for Lucario. Lylat might be his best stage, I'll have to check.
What stage a Lucario prefers to play on is dependent on the player imo. There is really no set in stone best for him. Lucario has a ton of stage gimmicks on Lylat to spice up his offense, but a lot of Lucario's dislike the stage because of how linear are recovery is on it.

Although, I personally prefer Lylat against spaceys. I like the extra maneuverability options~

Oh.
Also just tested it with a friend today.
Lucario's chaingrab on Wolf is confirmed to be 30 percent if he ends it with d-throw or b-throw. Also leads into some nice f-air strings. DIing away from the edge is advised, if he opts for d-throw to avoid attempts to f-air Wolf off the edge.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lucario's chaingrab on Wolf is confirmed to be 30 percent if he ends it with d-throw or b-throw. Also leads into some nice f-air strings. DIing away from the edge is advised, if he opts for d-throw to avoid attempts to f-air Wolf off the edge.
Nope. 20%. Whatever you tested on did not try to shine out.
It's not bad for Wolf but it's very good for Lucario. Lylat might be his best stage, I'll have to check.
No.

:018:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
How to beat Lucario with Wolf - an oversimplification:

1) Get a stock lead
2) Jumpshine forever

I don't want to make real posts, sorry guys :/

:059:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's evident Lucario vs Wolf is heavily about personal preference for stages on both sides so ban Frigate and do whatever, lol. I think Wolf benefits more from having space than Lucario.
It's an oddly even MU :/

Edit answers from the Lucario forums support it being about what you're best at:

I personally ban lylat because it messes with my recovery. Its a decent lucario stage because it's size allows him to stay alive longer and he has decent platform gimmicks. I wouldn't say its a particularly good stage though because his recovery isn't very good there (no clinging options). As far as lucario CPs go, FD, YI, PS1 and FO are the usual counter picks for most matchups. I tend to ban either lylat, or battlefield because of recovery. Beyond that it really depends a lot on the matchup and ruleset. For example FO is a great lucario counter pick if he is going against a spacey or olimar but not a great one vs metaknight or snake.
Fregate is good against Marth ZSS Olimar Falco Fox TL Ike and DK i think , even vs DDD, bad vs Snake Wario and MK
Lylat is good against ICs (maybe vs Marth?)
FD is good against every characters (except characters with projectiles)
YI is just mad good.

At what % should Wolf start trying to kill Lucario?

Bottom line is (US) congress failed to come to an agreement before the July 1st deadline and student loans have DOUBLED. They might work it out after they return from vacation on the 10th.
Quote from Washington Post link:
"The interest rates on subsidized Stafford loans doubled from 3.4 percent Monday and could stay doubled unless Congress fulfills its pledge to restore lower rates when it returns from the Fourth of July holiday."
As always the media is a hopeless mess:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...4933ae-e2f6-11e2-8657-fdff0c195a79_story.html
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/01/student-loan-rates-double-as-calendar-turns-to-july/

After a lot of digging around because there are over 100 bills on the general subject
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?text=student loans
I narrowed it down to what they were actually talking about!
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?text=student loans#text=20 U.S.C. 1087e&current_status=13
(The news was about as helpful as someone giving extra salty potato chips to help a starving slug)
The relevant ones seem to be amending the 'Higher Education Act of 1965'
It would seem DEMs didn't like the REPs' bill
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s1003
And REP didn't like the DEMs'
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s953
From what I gather the student loans must be payed for by something (explain the concept to the government in 2001 *facepalm*) and REPs want it to come out of healthcare.
"The 215-195 roll call Friday by which the House passed a $5.9 billion bill to keep interest rates on millions of federal student loans from doubling this summer. The legislation would eliminate a preventive health care fund in President Barack Obama's health care law."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...rest-rate-house-roll-call-vote_n_1459629.html
And DEMs want other things to pay but I'm low on time so I'll come back to this after reading all the damn text.
Keep in mind there are many, MANY bills to amend student loans.

REPs need to stop trying to sneak in riders to cut healthcare! Congress is hopeless; although they want the same thing (affordable student loans) they're too agenda oriented to make it happen. The real question is "where's the money come from?" -Come on, healthcare passed (stop trying to repeal it 37 times costing over $50mil http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/11/health-care-law-repeal_n_1666917.html), the US was and is terrible about supporting education and the health of citizens compared to many countries (which I don't have time atm to link), our poverty levels are a sin, kids going hungry, blah blah blah: we know EXACTLY where the money is and should come from and it's NOT from OUR education or healthcare! Now WE are paying for their refusal to make a damn decision, we are not them. It's obvious! **** the media! Grrrr!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The main thing I remember about Wolf vs. Lucario back when I played was that I loved bair vs. Lucario. Don't remember why since Lucario's aerials also have really good range so it wasn't exactly easy to get through them.

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
I hope one of the developers goes insane and gets the crazy idea to add Hydreigon. Or Druddigon. I could settle for him too.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I finally sorted some of my photos:

(my mom tells me to be careful when taking some of these; yeah like I'm going to walk off a 200ft drop onto sharp rocks :rolleyes:) Photos don't do the steepness and elevation justice.

Sunset from literally one of the highest places on the continent. Higher than trees grow.

Elk!

And 4th of July Fireworks!

Enjoy!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Rizen, gonna post this on the link boards too, but...

THE BLUBBA PINECONE IS SITTING IN MY LIVING ROOM RIGHT NOW. BEST ND PLAYER AND A LINK MAIN OMG <3 <3 <3 FANBOYING.

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Huh. Weird.
Same here man.

Typing this with a Gauze shubbed in my mouth, drooling, and the constant taste of blood on my tongue.
My sympathy, man.
;~;

I stopped with the gauze pretty quickly. I wasn't bleeding too hard and it was causing pain. My mouth was really numb for a few hours so I drooled a lot. Took a nap and woke up in severe pain. I'm trying to eat without barfing now. I had a bit of soup earlier and vomited it all up.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Dang I feel bad for the people that had problems getting their wisdoms pulled : \ After the removal, I don't remember much other than getting in the car and then waking up in my bed with a bowl of macaroni on the table. I had 0 pain throughout the entire thing and healed in 3 days just fine.

So sorry to hear that you are having problems and hope everything clears up soon. <3

castorpollux

Smash Champion
so ishieymoro just told me IRL at a japanese restaurant:

Ishieymoro: "I Love yellowtail"

JJ: "Obviously... you LoOoOoOoOoOoVE yellow tail"

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyway, what if Wolf jump shined>turned backward in the shine>Bair? Would the timing work on that?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You know I do win tournaments going Solo wolf too :p

Swordgard/HolyNightmare got 1/2 at a tournametn and apparently they both played Wolf.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I do, but you seem to do that more regularly than him so I leave it be :p

That's kinda whack, I'm interested in seeing videos though. Good players that don't main Wolf seem to make better use of his ground game than us Wolf mains do :x

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good work going all Wolf in tournaments everyone :)

^I think my Wolf's more campy/hit and run than most Wolf Mains http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38XFYIy98M8
(I hate Snake in lag)

If I used Wolf and G&W to make up for weaknesses in tourneys the only bad MUs would be -1s Diddy, Falco, MK and Snake.
I always end up going all Link to rep him :/

That bear is freaky.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
That bear is freaky.
Someone has to main this guy~

Then again, solo maining anyone that's not top tier is pretty admirable too. Wish I was good enough to solo-cario in tourney and place as well as I would with secondarys for once. Props for the character pride, Wolfies~!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
so ishieymoro just told me IRL at a japanese restaurant:

Ishieymoro: "I Love yellowtail"

JJ: "Obviously... you LoOoOoOoOoOoVE yellow tail"
LMFAO.
Anyway, what if Wolf jump shined>turned backward in the shine>Bair? Would the timing work on that?
Timing for what? That's not hard to do at all.
Shoutouts to Seagull for winning a tournament this weekend with solo-Wolf :3

I do what I can. Someone has to.
You know I do win tournaments going Solo wolf too :p

Swordgard/HolyNightmare got 1/2 at a tournametn and apparently they both played Wolf.
You are the best :wolf: for a reason.
I do, but you seem to do that more regularly than him so I leave it be :p

That's kinda whack, I'm interested in seeing videos though. Good players that don't main Wolf seem to make better use of his ground game than us Wolf mains do :x

:wolf:'s ground game is underrated. :metaknight:'s always expect me to use an aerial because I'm :wolf:. When I use tilts they usually hit. If only :wolf:'s Fsmash wasn't so bad on shield...

Edit: Sorry for never having videos anymore guys. I always forget to save these days.

:018:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
:wolf:'s ground game is underrated.

Word, Wolf players need to stop saving dsmash for kills so much because it's such a fine ground move. If you get the situational uses of ftilt, jab and dtilt down, alongside walk, grab and dsmash then Wolf has a fine ground game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I rarely save moves for KOs. With Wolf I neglect Usmash for Dsmash too much :/

I meant can shine combo into Bair? If not is shine>turn>Bair a safe chain?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Kain told me I jab too much, but I think it's wolfs best ground move other than d-smash.

Also, as Seagull said, since I'm the #1 wolf now a days, I'm thinking about going to both Whobo and Apex. Don't get too excited because I probably won't end up going to either of them, but I'm thinking about it!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Double Post for Rich Brown. He must have read that I'm thinking about going to Whobo/Apex...

Apparently he's coming over to my house tonight and I'm going to play him in Brawl.

It's just I have a thumb injury :(

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Rizen, shine > bair doesn't combo but it's still pretty good.

IMO jab is very good for Wolf, mainly because it unstales bair and kill moves, both of which are a huge help.

MRM, let me know how those matches vs RB go and how they compare to your matches with your friendly regional Olimar main :3 What's RB doing in NE anyways, touring with his band or something?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
tbh, Olimar is one of the few characters (other than WOLF and TOON LINK) that we have some of the best in the ol MW. Fino/Cook were both really good.

We are playing on his wii since my doesn't play brawl, so if he has replay I'll try and get them saved.

At least the ones I win :p

Yeah his band.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Just finished playing.
No replays though.

#1-**** Olimar. But Nair is really good vs Olimar.

#2-Double Down Smash is the Truth. Rich Brown Approved.

#3-Rich said I should be in the BBR.

I did not beat his Olimar other than maybe once. I did surprisingly well vs his MetaKnight and his other secondaries.

Overall he's an awesome guy, glad he came in and ***** me, taught me a few things, I don't EVER play that much brawl, especially against GREAT players, so this is as ready I'll be for a tournament in a while and there aren't any tournaements to go to really.

Top Bottom