• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I can't believe that this is real.

WiiU's classic controller pro (or whatever it's called) is awesome. Only thing is I prefer using a dpad for smashes over a stick, so if I switch over it'll take quite some time to get used to...

:059:

Rizen

Smash Legend
At first I was worried but the control stick is aligned the same place as the GC and wii nunchucks's. It feels very close to a GC controller.

All my GC controllers have the control stick skins peeling :[ .

Rizen

Smash Legend
so basically, i can't play brawl with the wii u pro controller
Nope :( . And you can't play SSB4 with a game cube controller :urg:.
Sometimes life seems unbearable.

The good news is the Pro and GC controllers handle very similarly; I'm holding the pro controller this minute. The only difference is the right stick and buttons are switched but they're still oriented to the same thumb positions.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Its horrible D: Reversing the C button with the position of the rest.... I remember when I played on a wii classic controller, I couldnt do anything.

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
Yes the Wii U Pro Controller feels awesome.
I Think it will be the most used Controller for SSB4.

I´m glad that I got one in New York, so much cheaper and white X)

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Me playing PM but I have no melee tech skills since I didn't learn that at all so I'm working on it. Fun game I will say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMs-27wFKB8

Also had a first date today and I think it went very well. We watched a few movies and ate at Chee-burger Chee-burger (which have some of the weirdest toppings for a burger I have ever seen). I think I found a keeper, try my best to keep this one

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
^this.

not gonna lie though. his link did some pretty cool stuff
Yea the things he did was pretty cool. I also had no idea :link2:'s moves had such low cooldown and couldn't be punished easily by :wolf: (Hence the multiple Fsmash attempts to try and get some type of punish). Good learning experience for the future (Though I doubt I'll run into any :link2:'s as good as his anytime soon lol).

JJ, if I go to Genesis 3 will I see you/Choice? I'm planning on going in the summer.

:018:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Mr.R's probably the best Link if he's active with him.

I kept my Wii for the sole purpose of Brawl, lol. Everything had to be unlocked again after the data transfer.

tekkie

Smash Master
my wii has a ton of functionality that the wii u likely won't ever have - can play GC games (with a GC controller, even), will always be able to play downloaded games (i'm playing an English-patched Fatal Frame 4 right now)

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
Good that I saved a Backup before I used the data transfer.
At the E3 will the first Smash4 Screenshots released, pls let us see Wofl >.<

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good that I saved a Backup before I used the data transfer.
At the E3 will the first Smash4 Screenshots released, pls let us see Wofl >.<
How did you save a backup? My SSBB data wouldn't transfer to an SD card and my wii's not hacked.

E3's June 11-13, 5 months from now:urg:. I hope it's more exciting than the last 2 E3s. It felt like the 2011 and 12 E3s would have be good if they were one E3 but lacked as two.

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
How did you save a backup? My SSBB data wouldn't transfer to an SD card and my wii's not hacked.

E3's June 11-13, 5 months from now:urg:. I hope it's more exciting than the last 2 E3s. It felt like the 2011 and 12 E3s would have be good if they were one E3 but lacked as two.
Yup you need to hack your Wii for that.

Can't you still use a Classic controller? Closest device to a GC that works on a WiiU probably.

Yup you can use the Classic Controller and Nunchuck.
btw Brawl looks awesome on the Wii U

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yea the things he did was pretty cool. I also had no idea :link2:'s moves had such low cooldown and couldn't be punished easily by :wolf: (Hence the multiple Fsmash attempts to try and get some type of punish). Good learning experience for the future (Though I doubt I'll run into any :link2:'s as good as his anytime soon lol).

JJ, if I go to Genesis 3 will I see you/Choice? I'm planning on going in the summer.

Link's bair/nair/fair/zair autocancel, but zair is actually easy to punish imo.

Edit: @Ish and other W0fl's I haven't met before. Are you gonna go to Armaggedon? I need to know soonish, otherwise I might have to go to SMYM due to the fact that it's tradition in Nebraska and I don't want to disappoint mah homeyez

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good luck Wolfs! (As in Wolf players, not to be confused with the plural of the species 'wolves', lol)

Who is the best partner character to team with Wolf?

rsr2

Smash Lord
Got my first tournament since August coming up. I think I played once since then. (Maybe) This is going to be fun!

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
in the next time there will be many tournaments in Germany.

Winter wrap up end of february, agon beginning march and my tournament on beginning april.

so many tournaments and nt enough time to practice >.>

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
what tha heck

teach me!

does it work on the normal wii?

**EDIT**

okay so after installing homebrew, i can't play any brawl games on my wii u now....

****k. anyone know how to fix this?
Find an electrical engineer or who knows what they are doing :/ I'm assuming that if you can do it to a wii mote it works on both wii and wii u.

Seriously how did you install homebrew on a wii u o0 , you should probably remove it and wait till an official homebrew hack for the wii u has come out (which can be anywhere from a year to three)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
You should probably take this discussion to PMs :x pretty sure that hacking-related discussion is not allowed on the boards, unless AZ changed that but tbh I don't remember if he did lol. Just playing it safe. There are definitely external communities that can help you out though.

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Another 'if you're not into politics don't read this' post:

This is why World War Three will not happen anytime soon based on historical trends:

There is a lot out about terrorists and the weapon capabilities of various nations, recently North Korea. What will come of it all? Will we suffer an apocalyptic third world war? My answer is: no. And here's why (based on a USA focused view but many things are universal).

First, lets put things in perspective. Fatalities by...
Terrorism 1969 to 2009
http://www.heritage.org/research/re...-data-on-international-and-domestic-terrorism
"From 1969 to 2009, almost 5,600 people lost their lives and more than 16,300 people suffered injuries due to international terrorism directed at the United States."

Guns in 2010-11
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/murders-shootings-and-gun-sales-per-day_n_2488664.html
"While it's worth noting that the vast majority of gun owners are law abiding, the cold, hard numbers about deaths and injuries due to guns seem equally noteworthy. Guns were used in 11,422 homicides and 19,392 suicides in 2010, according to the CDC, and were used either intentionally or accidentally to wound 59,208 people in 2011."

I'm not trying to downplay terrorism but lets not go crazy about it and start another war. I hate the corrupt media for distorting these things to use people's fear. This type of comparison could have been made with many things by these are hot subjects right now and frankly I'm cynical about both. Look at the numbers.

Since mankind has had society we've had propaganda. Good read:
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/propaganda.aspx
It's needed for wars. People do not like wars or killing. To quote Hermann Goering,
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/goering.asp
"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
This is timeless and universal
http://history.howstuffworks.com/historical-figures/mccarthyism.htm
"The American Heritage Dictionary defines McCarthyism as "the political practice of publicizing accusations of disloyalty or subversion with insufficient regard to evidence.""

So why with all the modern conflicts and weapons would I say WW3 will not happen? The above says exactly why. "Of course the people don't want war." -This. Most people in every country are not monsters; they're good people. With the way the world is divided into countries, even with 'media giants' organizations spanning many different countries, only so many people can be tricked. If anyone starts a serious, high grade weapons assault the rest of the world simply will not tolerate it (you know it's important because it's in bold). People's universal dislike of war and nuclear weapons is strong enough to stamp out any sparks that could ignite WW3.
This is the information age. Almost anybody can look stuff up in minutes. Somethings are subjective but if you have solid science behind your arguments, they cannot be defeated. People are getting past the naive

stage. Knowledge is power and the common person can access it. Different nations are not as alienated from each other because the internet as well.

If you want a message in here: Get informed, get active and keep things in perspective.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No offence Rizen, but this is complete ********.

wtf they censor the word bollocks? What's this nonsense?

Top Bottom