• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
oh man, Apex Pools ****ed me up so hard.
But I´m really mitivated now.
Apex and the US inspired me much and I miss the US already :(

Oh Ish, I think I forgot my iPhone 5 Headset at your Place.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Hi Guys.

I have a theory.

It seems to me that whenever I play with another wofl in real life, they get exponentially better.

For instance. I first played with choice IRL, and then he became one of the best players in norcal.

Then I played with Seagull, and suddenly he started winning tournaments.

Then I played with Ish, and not only did he start making it out of pools, he is also suddenly outplacing Kain at national tourneys.

Kain you need to play with me IRL

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If JJ plays MegaRobMan the rest of us our doomed to never catch up to his already current godliness.

I miss you JJ! I've taken on your legacy of now slaying :diddy:'s and :snake:'s. I still suck vs :olimar:.

:018:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i'm coming back to brawl.

you wofls should be ashamed that ishley outplaced all of you guys at apex. This is unacceptable.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
how long is it til smash 4 comes out?

if there's significant time before smash 4 comes out, then i'll start practicing smash again

anyone want to wifi?

ish. do you still have my controller? i cant do anything right with the ones i have

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
how long is it til smash 4 comes out?

if there's significant time before smash 4 comes out, then i'll start practicing smash again

anyone want to wifi?

ish. do you still have my controller? i cant do anything right with the ones i have
Kain took it with him, since it is now his to pass on to the next Wolf king. I can stop by Chicago sometime and pick it up for you sometime if you'd like.

Also, I'll be moving to NorCal assuming I don't ***** out, so we can train for Smash together eventually :D
I hope you're at least moderately not disappointed in me btw (almost like being proud, but not so intense) for beating the people I did in tournament

About APEX... Olimar is pretty free, and by free I mean at least as easy as Marth, so maybe 55-45 Wolf. I still don't know how to deal with bananas or tornado lol, so good thing I didn't run into any MKs xD Kain is still the best Wolf, or at least the best Wolf at APEX imo.

I won against everyone I knew I could beat without much difficulty, and lost to everyone that I was basically resigned to losing to (Nakat because I play with him a bunch, Kain not so much but he was bopping me hard in Wolf dittos when we played a few days ago, Lie because idk how to Diddy). Thankfully, aside from those matches, I was pretty comfortable with all of the MUs I ran into so it was no issue. The only reason I outplaced Kain/Gull was because of a more fortunate bracket tbh :x

It all comes down to the old JJ philosophy. We all have expertise in our own handful of matchups, so the brackets each of us end up with will determine how we place. We should really learn the fusion technique from DBZ lol

:059:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Kain took it with him, since it is now his to pass on to the next Wolf king. I can stop by Chicago sometime and pick it up for you sometime if you'd like.

Also, I'll be moving to NorCal assuming I don't ***** out, so we can train for Smash together eventually :D
I hope you're at least moderately not disappointed in me btw (almost like being proud, but not so intense) for beating the people I did in tournament

About APEX... Olimar is pretty free, and by free I mean at least as easy as Marth, so maybe 55-45 Wolf. I still don't know how to deal with bananas or tornado lol, so good thing I didn't run into any MKs xD Kain is still the best Wolf, or at least the best Wolf at APEX imo.

I won against everyone I knew I could beat without much difficulty, and lost to everyone that I was basically resigned to losing to (Nakat because I play with him a bunch, Kain not so much but he was bopping me hard in Wolf dittos when we played a few days ago, Lie because idk how to Diddy). Thankfully, aside from those matches, I was pretty comfortable with all of the MUs I ran into so it was no issue. The only reason I outplaced Kain/Gull was because of a more fortunate bracket tbh :x

It all comes down to the old JJ philosophy. We all have expertise in our own handful of matchups, so the brackets each of us end up with will determine how we place. We should really learn the fusion technique from DBZ lol

no ish. you're the best wofl. you had the foresight to see the easier bracket. SDSS

Rizen

Smash Legend
vs Diddy item Fsmash is a great tactic if you have a good Fsamsh and B move pressure, which wolf does. For some reason only Links do this. I have R set to attack, hold that down during lag and keep holding it as you move and blaster/shine his 1 or less banana game and tap C left/right when you want to Fsmash. Release R to throw the banana.

Learning to play characters you don't know how to fight helps your understanding a ton.

Great Apex work everyone who went! And great work placing so high Ish! :) Very impressive!

Rizen

Smash Legend
It seems too risky because the lack of disjoint. There's probably always going to be better options. The landing buffered moves you could follow with are nice but other ledge hops like Bair and air dodge have that too.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Nair from the ledge to return to the stage.

Discuss.

Good and bad. If you don't get the stun part it can be a free punish for your opponent, but if you get it then you get a disgusting punish afterwards.

I won against everyone I knew I could beat without much difficulty, and lost to everyone that I was basically resigned to losing to (Nakat because I play with him a bunch, Kain not so much but he was bopping me hard in Wolf dittos when we played a few days ago, Lie because idk how to Diddy).

Lie is easy to beat if you know how to naner. :olimar: is broken and there is no way we win.

The best :wolf: IS MegaRobMan, but you said at Apex, so that means you were the best :wolf: Ish.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nair from the ledge to return to the stage.
I used to do it until it became a bad habit and I would just get CG'd off stage 5-8 times then f-thrown (vs d3). Now I don't, I should probably use it as a mix up.

I've started using Nair vs people on ledges above me if I don't think u-air is going to hit (maybe spot dodge) or knock their shield forcing them off the platform.

Lie is easy to beat if you know how to naner. :olimar: is broken and there is no way we win.

The best :wolf: IS MegaRobMan, but you said at Apex, so that means you were the best :wolf: Ish.

I have like 5% diddy XP. I normally get bodied by average diddy players. I haven't beaten a good Oli in bracket before but I've been close vs Fino and Cook (FU :dedede: secondaries), I think vaguely knowing the matchup (blaster) is that reason.

I'm only the best Wolf in certain matchups, like :yoshi2: :samus2: :pit: and :sonic: , maybe/close on :dedede: :pikachu2: :falcon: and :ness2: . It's pretty hard to deny MCPE on the Pika matchup.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Had a tournament yesterday and I tried PM and I think I'll main squirtle and dk as secondary. In brawl I need to stop being so aggressive and need to relax and sometimes let them come to me ><, also need to reset the situation more often, need more marth and fox practice too

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ basically the #1 rule for Wolf on the ledge. All of our options are somewhat easily counterable, so it's a good thing we have like 10 to choose from lol

castorpollux

Smash Champion
so i'm going to start practicing brawl again on my wii u. I want to get used to the new controller so i can kick *** when smash 4 comes out

Top Bottom