• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

tekkie

Smash Master
whoever the best, brokenest, campiest, cheesiest, rage-inducing character is.

it's too late to get good at "get % lead and run away for eight minutes with mk" in brawl but i want to do the exact equivalent in smash 4

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
How's everyone been? Miss me?

:018:
Lemme just fanboy for a second, but as a dedicated Wolf main and someone who has extensively practiced as him, I just wanna say that I admire your talent, ability to tangle with the best of 'em and the MKs, and position as possibly the world's best Wolf. Much respect, wish I was as good.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ ROB I beat the LoZ 2nd quest. At first I died a lot then I learned how to control Link and didn't die the last 3/4ths of the game, lol. I used a guide a few times but not many. Things like the entrance to level 8 were really hard to find.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
So out of who we've seen, if Wolf doesn't make it in for some ungodly, satan-inspired reason...

who is everyone gonna main/try out/consider maining? I'm going Yoshi. I don't care if he's always sucked, I've always loved him and he looks mad sweet in this new game. So many buffs.

I'm especially interested in who Seagull will go for. "From world's best Brawl :wolf:, to world's best Smash 4 ____".

Edit: My bad, someone asked this last page.

Last edited:

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
I'm not sure who else I might main. Might go back to Marth. Lucina looks interesting. Villager has also been suggested to me.

D

Deleted member

Lots of leaks lately. Hopefully they're full of crap and Wolf is still in.
Wolf being cut just doesn't make any sense at all to me. He was the most unique in terms of playstyle to the other spacies. I really want the leaked roster to be hiding unlockable characters *coughMewtwoWolfcough*.

Also, hi. Long time no see. :3

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
Yoooooo what's up dude! I like your usage of jab cancels and SH aerials in that matchup, too bad all those chaingrabs haha. Do you think you'll be getting into SSB4 when it hits?
Yeah,im going to the first tourney coming up on october 11, hopefully but for now I think im gonna main random

D

Deleted member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news:
http://nintendoeverything.com/lots-of-super-smash-bros-for-3ds-details-akb48-promotion/
Wolf doesn't seem to be returning if this is true :crying:
@Zipzo later commented on the Japan Time livestream last night that he retracts this statement about Wolf being deconfirmed. He noticed that this is a trend with many characters, like Mario having a Wario color, Diddy having Dixie's color, Pit having a similar color to Dark Pit, etc, and made it a point that we shouldn't rule him out just yet.

Honestly, it just looks like a Purple Fox with light grey fur to me, not a Wolf alt.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Did anyone else see that news about chaingrabs no longer being possible? If/when (so... when lol) Wolf comes out as a playable character, I'm going to flip ****s.

Also, first new avi on Smashboards in 5+ years! I'm more of a dog person, but this was drawn by a friend and I actually think it's super cool so I'll probably have it up for a while :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Did anyone else see that news about chaingrabs no longer being possible? If/when (so... when lol) Wolf comes out as a playable character, I'm going to flip ****s.

Also, first new avi on Smashboards in 5+ years! I'm more of a dog person, but this was drawn by a friend and I actually think it's super cool so I'll probably have it up for a while :)
That's a welcome change :) No CGs will drastically alter the metagame from how Brawl was. I hope ICs and Rosaline and Luma can't CG back and forth.

Cool avi :)
I don't completely change mine but I did update it a while ago. It was this:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The problem with "NO CG" is that you can't even tech chase people anymore

You literally can't grab someone after another grab. When you get up from a grab you are invincible from being regrabbed, which I guess means that charged up smash attacks are going to be used way way way way way way way (...) way more as reads, so wolfs F-smash would be god-tier under these rules assuming it reaches as far.

....if he is in

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So...
As someone who's main had VERY worrying odds of getting in, I hope your champ ends up making it in somehow. Hopefully DLC will be thing. :wolf:

rsr2

Smash Lord
Thanks for the birthday stuff. I feel like a jerk for not seeing it until now.

Also any wofls going to Big House 4?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'd like to go but no.

I am running a big tournament the week after, Roll Tier X4, ($1100 in pot bonuses) for melee and PM on October 11th.

Then 64/brawl/sm4sh the week after.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well.

SSB4 is officially out in the US.

I'll still be checking back here every so often, of course. But I suppose most of us will be moving onto the new parts of the boards, seeing how inactive the Wolf boards are now. And with no SSB4 Wolf boards to move onto, it seems pretty unlikely that we'll all wind up on the same subforums. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but hey, we'll always have our means of reaching eachother.

It's been swell, everyone :) Good luck out there, and happy Smashing!

:059:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Rob you better play MegaMan or a LOZ character you chump.

Also a Falco player I will always have Wolf in my heart and use Falco's new bair in remembrance. Other than that I'll play him in PM from time to time lol.

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
actually since Wolf won't be in ssb4, maybe this thread won't die??? Gonna psot this here, it's a hyuge tournament I am running.

(Major Announcements regarding $1100 pot bonus tournament)

First Off, Roll Tier X4 is THIS SATURDAY. You no longer must pre-register to sign up (Yes, you may now register at the door!!!!!!!!!!!), but the fun starts on Friday with our set up party ran by the Velvet Room, bringing the Smash Chateau to Bellevue.

Friday starting at 7 (possibly earlier) with casuals, money matches on stream and maybe some competition as well. Please bring your TV and Set ups on Friday!

Also Friday is your last chance to be guaranteed a spot in our free single elim. Sm4sh tournament with $70 to 1st and $30 to 2nd. Registration for all events will be open Friday Night as well.

If you are coming from out of state and you haven't pre-registered please let me know asap, or please call me if you are running late, we are going to follow our schedule as much as possible!

If you are local and you can house, please let me know asap.

Also, if you aren't local and need housing, please let me know asap.

Currently we are planning on having people from North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Georgia, "Wherever the hell M2K damn well pleases", with possible people from Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado gracing us in Nebraska, making this possibly the largest gathering of midwest west players in the history of mankind.

-Facebook for rtx4 https://www.facebook.com/events/334665033369521/?ref=29&ref_notif_type=plan_user_joined&source=1

Smashboards for RTX4 http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...bonus-pm-melee-free-sm4sh-bellevue-ne.363291/

Pre-Register https://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/42457

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
We ended up with like 100 there so it was a good tournament.

No brawl though.

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!! This Saturday, October 18th in Bellevue, NE.

At the same great, spacious venue as Roll Tier X4, 70MGame, featuring the RTx4 staff and free pizza from Little Caesars. Last weekend we had 100+ for RTx4, let's keep it coming for Nebraska's first open Sm4sh tournaments, along with 64/Brawl singles and doubles.

ALSO THERE WILL BE A DDR TOURNAMENT AS WELL!!!!

http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...-first-open-sm4sh-tourney-bellevue-ne.363298/

Facebook Thread-https://www.facebook.com/events/1453310801604341/

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
and won PM and melee.

Also I quit smash 3ds after my 5th game for life in tournament.

I got pooped in 64 bad like I blew it so bad lmao.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Congratulations man, awesome to still read that there are Brawl players and even tournaments. I hope even when the Wii-U comes Brawl still wont die. Placing first in Melee is an honor, anyone that can even place well in Melee can place well in any other game.

64 where combos live, well, at least you had a fun time man.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom