• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOC presents: Cold Hand Johns - Sat 26th Jan 2008

J03

Smash Master
also after some inspired words from Z im not going to quit, instead im just not actually going to lose.

i know there delayed but ive been rather ill and today i feel much smarter, having had some major health johns for a while.

PDOT: ima gonna destroy you, its that simple, you beat me fair and square, gz im not going to talk any **** johns about it, im just gonna destroy you next time ^_^.

Chrisboi: i loved our match in crews, it was textbook tipper. next time i manage to jab you 9000+ times on the edge maybe do something different though, im not going to lie though, i couldnt care less the outcome of the match lol i actually couldnt stop jabbing because it was making wes giggle like a school girl.

BB: i owe you a quick apology, i was looking forward to a nice stress free set with you, i wanted us both to have been able to have a good set on level terms to set us up for the bracket, my bad dude ill have some nice games with you next fest.

everyone else: nice seeing you all again, sorry for not really playing many of you, ill make up for it next time, BK was actually the best of times. made only better by the scouse scum that were attracted to the smell of outsiders good times obv

monty06

Smash Ace
i will speak to jay and see what caleb and jake are planning venue etc is no problem but housing is now cos i have no more housing available.

i agree with joe and go with another liverpool tourney best run so far best venue and best run.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
NO GTII NO TNJIII-too expensive to get to from Scotland- (unless gt is organized better and less of the super scrubs show up:p)
Anything else please

Aiko

Smash Champion
Blame AmcD. My internet is too crappy and hes too lazy to go home and upload.maybe this weekend though.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
PDOT: ima gonna destroy you, its that simple, you beat me fair and square, gz im not going to talk any **** johns about it, im just gonna destroy you next time ^_^.
hmm i like

will be good times good stuff

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
If they are then that'd be good imo. Someone get Caleb to post up the thread if he is hosting
me and Jake were just talking about that. need to get caleb to peel himself away from WoW long enough to do it xD

should be up very very soon though.

we're looking at late march/early april, so as to allow the wallets of those going to Epita to recover xD

<3

Aiko

Smash Champion
well i think the uk should vote. GT, TnJ or CHJ.
we can host early easter or early april.

also, wii post <3

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
me and Jake were just talking about that. need to get caleb to peel himself away from WoW long enough to do it xD

should be up very very soon though.

we're looking at late march/early april, so as to allow the wallets of those going to Epita to recover xD

<3
I'll be coming to this. I'm still a little annoyed you lot flaked but it will be good to play you anyway.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I think you're being greedy wanting to host another tournament so soon. There are numerous people wanting to host and Yeovil hasn't hosted since May last year. Be a gentleman and let them do their thing. Smashboards and tournaments aren't going anywhere, they'll still be around for a while.

J03

Smash Master
why should i wish to go to tourneys hosted by ppl who flake

its hypocritical to flake theres, but ive travelled everywhere for the last 2 years almost.

ive gone to every tourney, every smashfest, just to play everyone, im tired of flakers.

they need to man up or **** off

OGRE™

Smash Rookie
Joe, you can kiss my *** if you're taking that opinion of the fact that we had no ****ing way of getting there, you little **** >.>. Not to sound offensive or anything, but we didn't flake through choice, and the implication that we did really does piss me off >.>

We had a driver, all set and confirmed. They were definately going to take us to CHJ, and we were all set to go. Then, after we thought we'd be fine and we didn't have to care about travel prices, after they'd skyrocketed, the person driving us decided to inform us that there car had broken down and they couldn't take us. So in what ****ing was is that OUR fault, huh? Point it out to me, go on, I dare you <.<.

And if you even THINK about bringing up GT, try having major events booked throughout the weekend at your place of work, which is a family buisness you're trying to get off the ground, when half of your crew is poor and your brother has just moved out so he has no spare money for travel, AND your usual driver is playing at a music festival in Ireland. Go on, you try and get to a tournament then. Try it before you open your ****ing mouth >.>.

You have no IDEA how pissed off I was that The GMC couldn't make CHJ, or GT. But it was through no fault of our own. So, in short, take your opinion and shove it. KthankxSTFU.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
i vot CHJ or GT. No offence to the GMC but i would really like to go to a tourny and Yeovil is just to much money for me to go to, plus the turnout wasn't to great last time.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think you're being greedy wanting to host another tournament so soon. There are numerous people wanting to host and Yeovil hasn't hosted since May last year. Be a gentleman and let them do their thing. Smashboards and tournaments aren't going anywhere, they'll still be around for a while.
I agree. (this was basically what I meant Alan)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
well i think the uk should vote. GT, TnJ or CHJ.
we can host early easter or early april.

also, wii post <3
Ant, the fact of the matter is that we've already hosted and the GMC are planning a tournament.

The GMC never meant to flake as Ogre said and aside from that, it happens and it's no reason to stop someone from hosting.

You know you only posted 'lets vote for which' because you'd know we'd win. Thats pretty sly :dizzy: (sorry but it is). GMC should host and I for one will be going to it whether it's from Liverpool or Southampton.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Ben keep personal arguements personal. you just make yourself look like a prick, especially when alan said it was only his opinion. Besides, i'm next door to you, if you have a problem, have some balls and tell it to my face. And the whole voting thing: If people get what tournament they want, they're much more likely to go to it.

im not too fussed about who holds the next one. if GMC can get it confirmed early, then fine, i'll do my best to attend, provided travel price is reasonable and does not clash with my uni work.. i will say i will not go to GT2 as GT was poorly run and travelling from spkz is horrendous, unless there is housing near the venue.

craiigg

Smash Lord
how about you do all of this over msn?

dead thread = dead banter

lol at ogre, chill the **** out
anything joe says is good times, all of y'all stop your hissy fits

ps. whoever can host first, host we need it.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
erm, i wanna see videos not debates

Mr P

Smash Ace
If GMC host i wont be going and probably only zeppo would go from scotland. Their location is completely **** and ive heard the organisation is awful.

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
If thats your oppinion, then your attendance is not something I would lament losing (We all know my oppinion of peach dittos). My darling brother has already said everything I had planned on saying, with a fair bit more emphasis than I had planned. However, one thing I will say is it's very easy to assume everythings black and white and people clearly fail for not showing up. Financialy I'm having issues with the bank, Dawn (Our presumed driver) stabbed us in the back at the last moment as she left her car outside her boyfriends in the cold for three days and it died - I think it was a polite way of saying I can't be ****ed anymore, and whenever I speak to my father I get a lengthy rant about everything thats wrong with his life, and the mention of his lack of viable MOT.

I want to travel. I do when I have the money. We came to SCT4 exclusivley for crews (Missing the entire actual tournament) before half the people in this thread were even on the boards. Then I had money, now I really don't. So, I'm going to set up a thread, musing over when I could hold a tournament. If I get enough people agreeing, then I'll actualy make an event. However - if you would like to hold my financial situation against me, feel free to simply not post. If you don't want to go that far, then feel free to not post. If you simply just don't wanna come. Then once again, feel free to not post.

That said. I appologise for not turning up. I'd also like to appologize to Aiko for the rather abrupt dismissal I gave him on the phone. I was in a pub at that point doing things that didn't remind me of what I was missing at that point, or the **** I was going to get for not turning up. And on a final note. I have alot more at my disposal this time round as far as running a tournament goes - I've got housing visable from the venue, double the TVs, double the setups (My brother has an awful habit of destroying controllers and ends up buying a new cube whenever he does because we can't find anywhere that sells them on their own anymore xD), soyeah. In short - This will put everything else we've ever run to shame.

Kone

Smash Master
Ok firstly apolgoies to all for not making this tournament. Especially to Ant for not being able to bring promised tvs. Had gf troubles that I couldn't avoid sorting out.

Next, no offence meant to the gmc but your location is awful. Your setup is awful and in general if the next tourney could possibly be the last UK melee tournament then i definetly don't think it should be in yeovil. Make it Liverpool or London. Whomever can get the next venue booked and thread up should host it. It shouldnt matter if liverpool was the last tournament if they can confirm that they can do it before Charles. Plus, I heard liverpool was a great tourney and I charles tourney skills suck ***.

Lastly gmc stop posting your personal ****e. Of the bat ive missed multiple tournaments for various personal reasons. Ive also made tournaments under worse cases than yourself. In the end of the day if you go through london on the coach you can get anywhere last minute for under 30 quid return. It just depends on how dedicated you are. Not saying that Iam but the likes of joes definelty are and have done it various times.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I completely agree with Ed,and furthermore,the last two TNJ's are not testament to why anyone should attend a 3rd.Regardless of whether or not you can run a tourney properly,its in the corner of England and simply not ideal.Attendance was poor at TNJ 1 and 2,I'd expect the same this time round.

London would be fine if the housing is adequate-and if Charles seriously mans the **** up.

But really,if they can be arsed,Yakuza should host again imo.

Personally though I hope you realise I will go to any tourney and Im not that bothered about TVs or any of that,Im just trying to be fair generally.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeovil is by far an easier option for me as it does not involve around 15+ hours of travel.

That said I would fully prefer the next tournament to be Liverpool or London. This is testament to how great Liverpool was. It's by far the most fluid and comfortable tournament I've ever been to. I totally back Yakuza hosting again but tbh, whatever happens as long as there is a tournament I don't care where it is (preferabley Liverpool obv XD).

@ Ogre: Where do you get off chatting such a load of **** about anyone? Dude, saying not be offensive doesn't cover talking a load of ****e to someone like that. Chill the **** out, it's smash ok? Not your life (or maybe it is).

J03

Smash Master
@GMC: id had a bad day, no offense meant, i shouldnt have brought that **** to the boards

on a lighter note, though i really dont like the notion of travelling to london, it is cheap so no money johns.

charles: if your hosting another tourney, then please, please get it totally confirmed way before so i can book early as possible. if you cant/dont want to host, ill try my ****dest to get another liverpool one going (as in ill talk to aiko lololol)

Top Bottom