• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wizard's Dropkick is Incredible

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The custom move so good it needs its own thread.

I always thought Wizkick was Ganondorf's most underrated move. It beats most aerial juggle options, spot dodges, and away rolls. The aerial angle is nice, especially at punishing certain incorrect ledge reads. The damage is good, and it can kill. The auto-cancel on edges is REALLY nice, but the spacing varies if the opponent shields it.

Wizard's Dropkick (down-special custom #2) is a vast improvement on this tool.

Pros:
  • Beats a wide array of basic projectiles by jumping over them!!!
  • Avoids many dash attack or dash grab punishes which would otherwise interrupt startup
    • If you are ledge-canceling or going off-stage, you are now safe
  • Very slightly longer range
    • Auto-cancels from the exact center of Battlefield, or halfway into the center circle on FD.
  • Horizontal knockback
    • Ganon prefers this due to a variety of factors
  • Hitting opponents does not alter distance travelled
    • Gets behind enemies more often (safer)
    • Edge-cancels from the same distance no matter what!
  • Way less ending lag on grounded version
    • Punishment on block is WAY less
    • Sometimes I spot-dodge grabs and counter-punish
    • Still low aerial ending lag on both versions
  • Fantastic horizontal recovery aid
    • Recovery is now easy, even without double jump
    • You are less frequently forced to recover low in matchups that forbid it
Cons:
  • ~3% less damage
    • Similarly reduced kill power
  • Cannot spike

This move is pivotal because it addresses key elements of Ganondorf's traditional worst matchups.
I am seriously considering maining Ganon in Smash 4 because of how much of a game-changer this is!

And for what it's worth, Wizard's Assault (#3) is garbage, one of the worst custom moves in the game. Don't even bother.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
All we need now is a video of Maxamillian Dood playing Ganondorf and demonstrating why FOOT DIVE is so top tier.

P-Zombi

Smash Rookie
I just played a game whith him and i spiked a jumping wario, maybe there are a few hitboxes which can spike?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
To add on to your pro points;

* Ganon can get away from many situations in which he would otherwise be trapped by simply WDK (Wizard Drop Kicking, let's call it by it's acronym) the opposite direction where your opponent is at.

* It can travel far off stage and punish attempts of recovery in which no other characters can, and thus cause a gimp kill for bad angle recoveries.

* You can punish your opponent rolling by predicting where they would roll from a large distance away, thus causing them to limit their own options

* Speaking about limiting options, if you combine this move with flame chain you can limit your opponent even more. Flame chain, depending on the distances, can punish spot doges and shields, so your opponent would normally want to roll away - which is where WDK is critically beneficial.

WDK and Flame Chain are huge game changers for Ganon. This changes his whole style as a character. Couple these moves with a now useful neutral B and a killer Up + B. Warlock Sword - this move has massive range, kill potential, and super armour. Reverse kills much faster than the normal position. This itself is huge for Ganon mains because this gives us an extra option, Brawl dorfs would never use Warlock Punch unless if it's for punishing shields or recovery. Dark fists is going to be more of a surprise kill move now, super armour on the first hit and then a killer uppercut, it also travels more upwards than Dark Dive.

Most of Ganon's hits do as much damage as many characters can achieve with 3 to even 4 hits. Each hit you get with Ganon feels like a combo, and the fact that the above custom moves give him more viable options for things he couldn't normally do makes him even deadlier.

I think even without custom moves Ganon would be pretty viable. But with custom moves he is definitely more viable.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ganon has f-smash for inward rolls, flame choke for spot dodge and shield, and wizkick for away rolls. Wizkick was always the risky and unreliable piece of this puzzle, but this upgrade makes his options more complete.

I think Dark Fists has a lot of power hiding in it. Yeah, we can shield drop easier, but an armored reversible OoS 17% kill move is a huge asset.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
No surprise

The moment i saw that Kick, i knew it was going to be a staple of Ganon.

Its WAY better than the other 2

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Maybe I should try this, I currently have Custom 3 Wizards Foot equipped, but I do have both Wizard's Foot Customs available.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
This move is why I am hoping custom specials become a thing in competitive. Just this one move IMO makes Ganon SUPER viable.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I haven't unlocked this move yet. Does anyone have any brief footage of it in action so I can better understand what it is and why its so good?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
How good does this move make Ganon's recovery?

With Up-b 3 for the final inch, he can go UNDER FD.

Ganon.

Under FD.

I haven't unlocked this move yet. Does anyone have any brief footage of it in action so I can better understand what it is and why its so good?
Check NinjaLink's videos of all the custom moves.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
So having a dropkick is the secret to improving your tier position in Smash 4?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
To be honest is too soon to tell, but one of ganons flaws in brawl was that he was too gimpeable outside of stage and his recovery was meh. With dropkick and UpB3, his recovery i think goes on par with melee, and this will help a lot when he is outside of stage.

With any UpB it helps really, as it gives ganon more horizontal coverage and protection when returning to stage.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Wow this move is so fast it's crazy.

It's so fast that down throw into Dropkick is a true combo at low percents. Also if you kick them off the edge and auto cancel it, you can either uair or bait an airdodge and dair them into oblivion.

Exalted

Smash Lord
In Brawl Ganon discovered the ability to soar through the skies above stages, and now he's conquered the deep abyss below them as well. What a time to be alive.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ganon's going to be great with these. Many have good disjoint and speed and can easily trade or even beat others' disjointed attacks as long as he doesn't provide them the opportunity for optimal spacing. It is interesting to see how this will develop.

ThaPhantom07

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaPhantom07
I haven't unlocked this move yet but have been playing a lot of Ganondorf lately. I think he will be one of my mains this time around and seeing this move in action just solidifies it.

Bittersweet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eskay64
3DS FC
2449-5765-1828
Remember that video of Ganon Wizdropping under Final Destination? That was such an amazing display of Ganliness that it became my most viewed video on Youtube in four days. It's just that wonderful.

Top Bottom