• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witchhunt 1

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
My QT has nothing but my Odd choice so obv no objection to sharing that

Not sure how xivii got away with fakeclaiming survivor EoD1 like that and pretending it didnt happen D2 🤔

turbobus strat OP, plz nerf, especially with DOB like damn lol

Ggs scum wp!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah it’s to hard to work around. The sheer amount of kills this game gave no time to recover from the turbobus

Chaco

Never Logs In
but like I said I wanna see around 13+ in this set up so it can really have time to get down to some cool stuff

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah my QT is basically empty I’m not a notes taker. Mines more wtf happened while my wifi was down, and then Xivii and Bessie as a tinfoil scum team early D1.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Multi post ftw, take this back to sign ups with 9players or 10 so it’s still a micro. Ideally 10. Then run it back.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Not sure how xivii got away with fakeclaiming survivor EoD1 like that and pretending it didnt happen D2 🤔
Because he fake claimed in order to get me yeeted. And Bessie knew it was to help her. Bessie immediately wanted to yeet me when I claim survivor because she knew I was lying but she didn't want to claim herself. theoretically town Xivii saw that and claimed survivor to get me yeeted. Then scum!boo believes the claim and shoots Bessie and is then surprised she survives. Everything fit the boo!scum theory.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It did. Boo was painted scum so hard, but I feel like if he would’ve had the new town frustration it would’ve helped flip the script. But then again not all people exhibit that

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
It did. Boo was painted scum so hard, but I feel like if he would’ve had the new town frustration it would’ve helped flip the script. But then again not all people exhibit that
Yeah, that was my biggest worry.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I agree that the softs and roleclaims weren't the way to go (with the exception of priest). I usually prefer to get everything out in the open, but I was thinking coming into this game that it would be a bad idea to go that route and that town should try to keep their roles hidden. Not knowing where the protectives were could have ended up disrupting scum quite a bit. I think Gambler in particular could have wifomed their way into late game and/or being shot. But the whole ordeal with Boo claiming allowed for pinpointing where the roles were.

The exception to keeping one's role concealed was priest since they would have been guaranteed to have been protected if town MLed, and also because it prevented Witches from being able to claim the role. That was my whole strategy coming into this, identifying where the priest was, taking it out, and then claiming it the next day. When Boo was outted as not-Priest, we knew Priest was in Sabrar-bessie-Frozen since we had the Oracle result on Chaco, so the goal was to triple kill between the three of you by bussing Boom for the DOB kill and Last Stand.

When Sabrar claimed, that put a wrench in that plan, so then it became about taking out priest while avoiding hitting survivor in the day so that Boo wouldn't get a shot N1, hence Boom claimed survivor, fishing out bessie. The last remaining concern was a Night 2 Gambler, but Frozen identified himself as not-Gravedigger during his push for Boo to claim, so we aimed Boom's shot there.

How would you guys rate the difficulty of this game for town compared to normal mafia? I've only ever been scum in these no-flip games (the other being Blood on the Clocktower) and it always feels like being in a precarious position.

Xivii Xivii superherohighfive.jpg

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Note: I had no idea that gravedigger would get results from the DoB kill so would have been screwed if the original plan went through. I was under the impression that they worked like BotC gravedigger. Edit: scratch that, he didn't get the night kill result, only the day ones, so it would have been fine.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Because he fake claimed in order to get me yeeted. And Bessie knew it was to help her. Bessie immediately wanted to yeet me when I claim survivor because she knew I was lying but she didn't want to claim herself. theoretically town Xivii saw that and claimed survivor to get me yeeted. Then scum!boo believes the claim and shoots Bessie and is then surprised she survives. Everything fit the boo!scum theory.
Yeah the fakeclaim wasn't intended to be a real scum!fake claim, it was intended as a town!Xivii fake claim who realized bessie was trying to communicate that she was the real survivor while keeping her role concealed, so he fake claimed to yeet boom while protecting the identity of her role.

Chaco

Never Logs In
See this is where being Xivii pays dividends lmao you ignore the fake claim. Damn you Xivii lol. Still one of my favorite people to play with tho

Sabrar

Smash Ace
That was my whole strategy coming into this, identifying where the priest was, taking it out, and then claiming it the next day.
I don't think this would work against experienced players, especially if there are multiple witch-kills.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't think this would work against experienced players, especially if there are multiple witch-kills.
I don't think they would really have a choice. It was my intent to claim before either of the other two players did. And while they would have it in their mind as a possibility I was fake claiming, I would argue that it would be ridiculous for me to have claimed without knowing their roles. As long as I played townie enough and had an explanation for everything, I don't think it would have been the rational choice to vote me. Similar to the situation here. While bessie and Chaco had it in their mind of the possibility of a convoluted bus strategy, the fact that it was Lylo and everything in my play was explainable, it wouldn't have been rational not to vote Boo.

Last edited:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
As long as I played townie enough and had an explanation for everything, it simply wouldn't have been the rational choice to vote me.
Yes but in that case you usually don't need the falseclaim to carry you. However if you're under suspicion already, a Priest claim would not necessarily save you.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hmm, I think in many cases it would, but yeah it wouldn't have been intended for saving me, but rather for being left out of the PoE among 3 relatively townie townies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
the way you guys carried it here was perfect because Boo was so suss, had it been like FF in the final day it would’ve been completely different abd things would’ve been analyzed more. But I do think fake claiming priest is a gamble with a gravedigger cause you just don’t know.

Im itching to see a larger application of this game, like someone run 10p rn. Boomy?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Actually, sorry, thinking through my actual schedule, I can't do anything mafia related from 19-22. I could run something starting in the 23rd of no one else wants to run something earlier.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii did you know when I made post #615 I was ready to vote for you?

Yeah the fakeclaim wasn't intended to be a real scum!fake claim, it was intended as a town!Xivii fake claim who realized bessie was trying to communicate that she was the real survivor while keeping her role concealed, so he fake claimed to yeet boom while protecting the identity of her role.
Yes this.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii Xivii Xivii did you know when I made post #615 I was ready to vote for you?
I knew that you would look to see if my claim matched and that one of you would eventually come across that read list and point it out. But I think the meta I provided of when Triss was my mason partner was too reasonable for it to be a votable tell. I had a few more things in reserve though in case it wasn't convincing, including the poem.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think the most unstable part was 625 and 626. I wasn't sure how I would respond as town there, and I felt like there was good possibility that given enough time for it to sit in your head you'd might return to the thread. Especially when you liked my post so quickly, I felt that wasn't a good sign. It gave me a "whatever I'm committed but going against my instincts" vibe. Fortunately Boo threw soon afterward which was a relief.

This was not a factor in my decision.
What was.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Chaco made errors that I felt were not scum indicative.
You made errors that made my gut suspect it was you.
KingBoo made errors that my made my brain suspect it was him.
My gut is notoriously unreliable so went with brain.
Unfortunately my brain is not Sabrar's.

And KingBoo you played a great first game!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You will have to explain it to me after the game.
If God meld evil onto ye, then free ye must be,
For the unchained demand opportunity for malignity.
The genesis of universal sin is granted only to the privileged,
For under His grace, doth ye desire to be favored or sinless?
The poem is made of mafia terms.

If God made evil onto ye = OGMEOY
For the unchaind demand = FUD
opportunity for malignity. The genesis of universal sin = OMGUS
favored or sinless = FoS

Vote: FrozenFlame

For being LAMIST.

FoS Chaco
Which was meant to be a reference to this post, i.e. that Chaco was favored or sinless.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
No I wouldn't have believed that poem was a breadcrumb. I should have made you explain it. :grin:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I didn’t even think that, I thought the last line was the whole crumb “favor your sinless”

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I didn’t even think that, I thought the last line was the whole crumb “favor your sinless”
Heh, yeah I wanted to avoid laying it out unless necessary since it came with the risk of drawing attention to my OP. I was originally going to claim Frozen as being Oracled (as I didn't have the result on you yet) and made the LAMIST statement to say that he was so townie.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Was boom trying to soft judge though in that one post?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Was boom trying to soft judge though in that one post?
Lol no, if anything that post proved I wasn't judge since I wasn't thinking about the significance of my phrasing.

I didn't really have a planned claim since I was planning to get yeeted.

Last edited:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I'm really sad that the one time I catch you as scum D1 you actively wanted to be caught.

Top Bottom