• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WIP] Sheik's best true combos, including kill setups/strings

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I can never do a falling uair consistently for some reason. :/
  • You have to input the fastfall before the final hit so that you don't launch the character away
  • Because you're fast falling, you have to wait to input it until the apex of the jump

Illuminose

Smash Ace
fsmash into regrab doesn't work and you always get more out of another tilt

ff uair is only good if you manage to catch them on platforms for a quick tipper usmash imo, agree that it's not worth staling for uair to grab.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
FF Uair only stales the first few hits. I'm fairly sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that move staling affects hits separately, so for a multi hitting move like Uair, if you hit with the weak hits frequently but not the strong hit, it will not stale the strong hit.

Fsmash > the stuff Stairs Stairs has listed aren't combos, but can work if the opponent Airdodges after the fsmash and has landing lag, etc.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
To my knowledge, the most optimal TRUE combo on characters like Falcon and Roy from a grab is this:
dthrow > perfect pivot utilt > ftilt > regrab > bouncing fish

You can do a perfect pivot ftilt after the first one, but then they will fall out of grab range. You could try to go for a fairplane, but you probably will only get about 3 in if they DI correctly. I haven't done extensive testing, though.

Stairs

Smash Rookie
FF Uair only stales the first few hits. I'm fairly sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that move staling affects hits separately, so for a multi hitting move like Uair, if you hit with the weak hits frequently but not the strong hit, it will not stale the strong hit.

Fsmash > the stuff Stairs Stairs has listed aren't combos, but can work if the opponent Airdodges after the fsmash and has landing lag, etc.
Ah okay, didn't lab any of it, just a quick thought, thanks for clearing it up

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
Reverse Fair to Reverse Fair is a thing but you have to :GCCN: the fair. You can combo into a DJ Nair at very low percentages. Reverse Fair to Bair works for so long. Reverse Fair to BF. You can get a lot of grounded followups as well.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Reverse Fair to Reverse Fair is a thing but you have to :GCCN: the fair. You can combo into a DJ Nair at very low percentages. Reverse Fair to Bair works for so long. Reverse Fair to BF. You can get a lot of grounded followups as well.
That actually seems quite good, as the reverse Fair has about the same hitstun as the normal Fair (probably exactly the same) and a little less KB (I think).
Only thing is it can be a pain to hit the reverse. You don't have to use C-stick, but I understand why it'd help.

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
That actually seems quite good, as the reverse Fair has about the same hitstun as the normal Fair (probably exactly the same) and a little less KB (I think).
Only thing is it can be a pain to hit the reverse. You don't have to use C-stick, but I understand why it'd help.
To hit reverse fair you need to aim for sheik's elbow, it is really difficult with the c-stick and it becomes ridiculously difficult without one

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to add that soft hit nair to fsmash is a true kill combo at certain percents if you are relatively close to the ledge. You must be hitting them with the back of Sheik (at least, I believe this to be the case but I am not certain). You also must hit them towards the end of the nair, just before you reach the ground. Fsmash has better KB than BF. It did not kill in this example because Lucina was too far from the ledge, but it can kill from closer to the ledge or if it connects off stage.

One reliable way to set this up is to read a roll and clip them as they come out of it.

It is also a combo at lower percents that is pretty decent damage, considering f-smash is never going to be stale. This works before soft hit nair > BF works.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I would just like to add that soft hit nair to fsmash is a true kill combo at certain percents if you are relatively close to the ledge. You must be hitting them with the back of Sheik (at least, I believe this to be the case but I am not certain). You also must hit them towards the end of the nair, just before you reach the ground. Fsmash has better KB than BF. It did not kill in this example because Lucina was too far from the ledge, but it can kill from closer to the ledge or if it connects off stage.

One reliable way to set this up is to read a roll and clip them as they come out of it.

It is also a combo at lower percents that is pretty decent damage, considering f-smash is never going to be stale. This works before soft hit nair > BF works.

This would've been really interesting if it didn't have to be the reverse hitbox. Could've been a legit kill setup. rip.

but I want this thread to mainly have the simple bnb or the combos that you'd do in a tournament match, wonky combos like that or niche ones would go in the Sheik compendium.

That being said, I've never updated this thread since like september or whatever so I should do that sometime soon.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
This would've been really interesting if it didn't have to be the reverse hitbox. Could've been a legit kill setup. rip.

but I want this thread to mainly have the simple bnb or the combos that you'd do in a tournament match, wonky combos like that or niche ones would go in the Sheik compendium.

That being said, I've never updated this thread since like september or whatever so I should do that sometime soon.
It may not just be the reverse hitbox, I just haven't done much testing. Definitely a precise trick though.

A true combo kill setup that is more forgiving however is needles to uair. This works when FH needles launches your opponent too high for a BF (or at least a really awkward angle). People often go for a fair (or just bail out) when this happens, but uair does work. Since FH needles is such a common kill setup, I think this one is fairly important.

This clip is not the best, but it's the only one I have from a saved replay. Pretty sure this true combo'd despite only connecting the final hit. In this instance a BF wouldn't have connected.

Hope to see the thread updated eventually :D

Last edited:

PlayNuff

Smash Rookie
NNID
TempeteForte
3DS FC
5215-0749-8924
It's seem that : FF Bair into Ftilt / Turnaround Dtilt / Turnaround jab / Grab is true at low-mid percent. Ftilt work a lot longer than the others so it seems to be the best.

Reivax

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1032-2112-0077

I see you have a lot of activity in sheik threads, can I ask you if you have found any threat that talks about sheik 1.1.5 killing options?

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I see you have a lot of activity in sheik threads, can I ask you if you have found any threat that talks about sheik 1.1.5 killing options?
Just after 1.1.5 this thread was made to try and figure out new ways to kill with sheik, and play as sheik. Not really sorted, might have to do a bit of scrolling to find what you're looking for. Lots of good stuff there though.

There is also this video which goes over a few good options. He rambles a lot so it's quite long but most of the content is good.

Top Bottom