• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Smashcon "$400 in Bonus Pots!!!"

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Were you there for one of the last Chinese Inns? For some reason, people wanted to play on Pirate Ship and Shadow Moses during doubles. Since then, I've made it legal and people have enjoyed it.
If people want to play there then they can, with a gentleman's agreement. Why force me to waste a ban on hugely game changing stages? Also, why not rc/brinstar if these are on...
Just seems a poor idea for our biggest tournament.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
Imma have to agree with Gunner. I take doubles as seriously as singles. I don't wanna be cped to pirate ship when I'm tryna keep warmed up for the more serious sets(still don't know if I'll be there btw)

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
I saw this on the front page of AiB and I want to come to this. Could anyone pick me up from the airport at New Orleans. And could I get housing and lifts to the tournament until Monday. Then could I get dropped back off at the airport?? Please please Puhleeze!!!! <3

Also who is the actual host? All I see is smash con

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Smashcon really is the actual host. Its really just a gaming organization. Under Smashcon are the TO's that work for the organization who run their tournaments of interest/expertise.

As far as housing, and rides go. Post in our facebook group, I forget who, but I think one or two people might be able to help you out there.

Denti

Smash Master
How many people do you expect for Brawl???? I really want an honest response. Because if it ends up being like 15-20 people I don't wana be told it was going to be like 50.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I saw this on the front page of AiB and I want to come to this. Could anyone pick me up from the airport at New Orleans. And could I get housing and lifts to the tournament until Monday. Then could I get dropped back off at the airport?? Please please Puhleeze!!!! <3

Also who is the actual host? All I see is smash con
Wow front page, good **** MAR.
Why are you flying to this? Are you still in New Jersey?

Denti

Smash Master
Because I have a free 2,500 flying miles to use and this is close enough that I will have left overs but it is just right outside of my driving range. 10 hours of driving isn't fun or cheap.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
How many people do you expect for Brawl???? I really want an honest response. Because if it ends up being like 15-20 people I don't wana be told it was going to be like 50.
I'm not trying to discourage you from coming, but there's something you need to understand. We're expecting 100+ people to come to smashcon. How many of those 100+ people we are expecting will enter Brawl, I don't know. Something that you have to face with running a tournament is that you can expect any amount of people to come, but you can't control at all if people actually show up to the event. If the people who said they were going to come, and those who said they might find a way to make it, we easily will have 100+ people at this convention and I'm sure we could easily get a 30+ person bracket for brawl. I'd expect similar quantities for all the other games tournaments we are hosting.

It is entirely up to you if you want to come or not. If you don't have confidence we will get the amount of attendance to suit your taste, then I wouldn't recommend you come. Go to some other reputable regional you know will get the amount of people you prefer to see at a brawl tourny. If you choose to come, we would love to have you. The more the merrier. We want you guys to give us a shot, no matter what the attendance is. If you have fun, we hope that you go back home and tell all your friends about us and encourage them to come to the next convention we have. This will help build our reputation and it will increase the chances of us having brawl (along with all the other games we host) tournaments where the brackets have at least 40-50 people in it easy.

Denti

Smash Master
If 30 people showed I'd be happy. I'm not looking for anything massive or something. I'm just wanting to Brawl and this tournament won't completely use up all my free flying miles.

When I get home I'll try and find a doubles partner. I'll try and find car rides and housing. Once I do this I'll get my tickets. :)

Also is Project M really 10$??

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I honestly expect us to have 30+ people for brawl. I think we had 36 at Smashcon's summer convention.

Oh wow, good you noticed that about P:M. I'm not sure about the pricing for it. I'm going to ask and see. I honestly doubt it will be $10 because P:M is still young.

I'm taking an educated guess and saying Brawl, Melee, and 64 will all be $10 because they are the major events, everything else is $5, unless it says otherwise. I'll still check into that.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So apparently on the facebook group P:M is $10. I guess because it's still considered a Smash game and since Smash is our primary focus, it gets the $10 price tag. I'll see if we can lower the price to $5 just to get a feel of who would enter. If it got bigger, and more popular, then I'd be more comfortable with the $10 price tag. We'll see what happens. I hope you can make it. Just keep us posted on what you are doing, just in case you need us to help you find housing or a ride or something.

Denti

Smash Master
So I actually cannot make it. The airline I have a deal with doesn't start flying into New Orleans until Jan 24th.. how lame.

I looked into the megabus deal and not all the tickets were free. Total it would cost me 32$ for the entire trip and my wallet is EMPTY after apex. :/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Noooooooo! So lame! Well, just remember us come summer vacation. We will have another convention then.

Denti

Smash Master
Is there anyway someone could pick me and Disqo bunny up from the megabus station in New Orleans at like 7:00 am on Sunday? Then provide us with housing and a ride to megabus back in New Orleans at 7:00 am again monday morning? We're thinking about making it.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
We'll be adding a Magic the Gathering Card Tourney to the schedule. It will start at 1pm(Standard) then another at 5pm(Boaster Draft). Information can be found on the OP.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
But I was going to help pay for his megabus ticket in exchange for teaming with me.

Tesh

Smash Hero
But I was going to help pay for his megabus ticket in exchange for teaming with me.

But I was going to help pay for his megabus ticket in exchange for teaming with me...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sorry. I for sure can no longer make this. Hope everyone has fun. Hopefully I can make the next one.
money issue? its still only 5$ round trip from houston to new orleans and back (assuming u go when i go)

D

Deleted member

Melee is coming hard for this one. They must have read it like "$400 in bonus pot!"

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Don't forget about the training fest in Allbany guys. I hope to see you guys there. Bring set-ups please.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm coming with a carload

Zone: Melee/Mk9 Melee doubles

Ram: melee/Melee Doubles/Project M/Mario Kart Wii/Mk9

TheBoss: Melee/Melee Doubles/ MK9

Rice: Melee/UMVC3/Melee doubles/ Project M? I think

EDIT:

possibly a 5th ride along.

John: MK9/SSF:AE

Top Bottom