• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WINTER BRAWL 7 - The Madness! Evo Qualifier! - February 23rd, 2013 - Philadelphia, PA

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
WINTER BRAWL 7

PRE-REGISTER HERE AND SAVE $10

(Just pre-reg for venue fee then give Smash entrance at the door)​

Introduction

Things sure are looking up! Big E (host of NEC, Winter Brawl, and Summer Jam) was generous enough to hook us up with Melee and Brawl at NEC last year. The event turned went awesome, and it surely was a blast! Especially now with Melee making it onto the Evo roster, Smash is back with Big E at Winter Brawl and is going to be bigger and better than ever!

This is your main chance to kick off what is going to be an AMAZING season leading up to Evo this summer! Winter Brawl 7 is a Road To Evo qualifier, so everyone is going to be watching! I'm still waiting for the final word on how seeding will work at Evo and how we can incorporate Winter Brawl, and I'll let all of you know the moment I find out.

Melee is going to be at Winter Brawl 7 front and center here, though Brawl will also be at the event. Anyone who is going to be here that is also looking for their Brawl fix, we'll have you covered! The Philadelphia area is an amazing area with some of the most fun and skilled players in the country!

Information

Price
$30 Venue Fee Online With Pre-Registration (link at the top)
---

$10 Melee Singles
$20 Per Team Melee Doubles
FREE (with Melee Singles entry) - Draft Crew Battle
---

$10 Brawl Singles
$20 Per Team Brawl Doubles
$5 Mid Tier Singles
---

$10 Project: M Singles

Other Games: UMvC3, AE, KoF, SCV, TTT2, SFxT, Melty Blood, Arcana Heart 3, 3rd Strike, P4A, CvSNK2, UMK3, Killer Instinct, DoA5, MK2, SF2

900 Packer Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19147

Schedule and Time
Saturday : 12pm Event Registration; 1pm Melee and Brawl Doubles Begins; Melee Draft Crews and Brawl Mid Tiers begin when doubles is done (about 5pm?).
Sunday : 12pm Event Registration; 1:00pm Project M Singles; 2:00pm Brawl Singles; 3:00pm Melee Singles

Saturday - Melee Teams, Melee Draft Crews, Brawl Teams, Brawl Mid Tier
Sunday - Melee Singles, Brawl Singles, Project: M

Rules
Melee - http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
Brawl - http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/

Live Stream

Stream by

http://twitch.tv/clashtournaments

Spread The Word!
http://www.facebook.com/events/561440860539620/
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333876
http://smash4u.net/threads/feb-23-2013-winter-brawl-7-the-madness-evo-qualifier-philadelphia-pa.235/
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13964

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Probably can't make this due to short notice, but I'm damn well going to try and hook up with a Chi-Town car and make it out.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I think Evo should use this and apex for seeding. Heard the hotel it's at is booked on Saturday. Better start looking for near places/cool Philly smashers to hoouse

:phone:

PB&J

Smash Hero
im going to try my best to go to this. I wish it was confirmed quicker to get some west coast appearance.

#freemango

edit: kix suck

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I literally just booked my ticket to Texas today for this weekend.

;lkjdf;klajsdf;kljsd;flks

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
any local ppl that could house or any smasher already book a room there and have space to accomodate a fellow smasher? im in 4 melee, havent touched any of the other fighting games

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm assuming the Apex ruleset is what people want to see for Melee right?

Edit: nvm, just read Mr Wizard's posts in the Evo ruleset and will be using what he proposed, which is Apex ruleset with wobbling legal.

Bones0

Smash Legend
What is the space looking like for Melee? Not to be anti-hype or anything, but I don't play other fighters at all so if there aren't going to be mad friendly setups then I will probably not come. >_>

A bit far for me but I'll definitely be watching the stream.
LOL

#aBitFar

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What is the space looking like for Melee? Not to be anti-hype or anything, but I don't play other fighters at all so if there aren't going to be mad friendly setups then I will probably not come. >_>

LOL

#aBitFar
For NEC Smash had 1.5-2 rooms dedicated to itself. It was very spacious with a ton of setups. I believe this is the same venue as NEC too.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'll be here. already got my flight and hotel and everything. Hype

Anyone interested in teaming with a retired old man like myself? Brawl dubs is still fun...

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I'll be here. already got my flight and hotel and everything. Hype

Anyone interested in teaming with a retired old man like myself? Brawl dubs is still fun...
Wanna team?

I'm hyped for this.

Edit: Damn does this really need to be a 2 day thing? :/

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Is it true that Saturday is doubles and Sunday is singles? because MD/VA is running a tourney on the Saturday under that assumption.

Death note

Smash Cadet
I'll be there for sure, NEC was an amazing tournament and the venue was great. Interested in a brawl doubles partner, might be able to house my partner as well.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
To help get players the most out of their venue fees, I'm going to be hosting some side events as well. For Brawl I will likely do Mid Tiers, what side event would you guys most like to see for Melee?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
PM lol it's all the rage. **** brawl mid tiers too, just do PM and let everyone enjoy. Unless a good chunk of brawl doesn't like pm at all, but I feel like most people won't care for mid tiers or whatever.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
To help get players the most out of their venue fees, I'm going to be hosting some side events as well. For Brawl I will likely do Mid Tiers, what side event would you guys most like to see for Melee?
Yet another reason to start a Chibo chant at random. Everyone in my group but one has a decent/mediocre mid or low tier and one even mains lucas, so this is a solid plus.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
PM lol it's all the rage. **** brawl mid tiers too, just do PM and let everyone enjoy. Unless a good chunk of brawl doesn't like pm at all, but I feel like most people won't care for mid tiers or whatever.
I'm debating adding P:M as well. Since we have two days I'm thinking about 3 Brawl events, 3 Melee events, and P:M. The three for Melee and Brawl being singles, doubles, and side event. I would say Brawl's most popular side event is mid tiers, but I haven't seen any Melee side events being ran in a VERY long time.

I know the venue fee can be steep, but it is a national tournament FGC wise. So while they may have like 12 games you can enter lol, I'm trying to pack in all the Smash events I can for some good bang for your buck.

Yet another reason to start a Chibo chant at random. Everyone in my group but one has a decent/mediocre mid or low tier and one even mains lucas, so this is a solid plus.
:)

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
whats going on with this? less than a week away and no schedule? smash isnt listed on pre registration page either....

Top Bottom