• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wingdash push>dtilt spike

Apollo317

Smash Cadet
Back to the subject... you don't even need to understand DI to stop this tech because I'm pretty sure you can air dodge the spike (I'll have to test though).

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
he can taunt spike u. its prolly the most unexpected thing thats ever happened to me by dr x. it was truly amazing.
It's a taunt, anyone with any slight reaction time will see the starting animation of the taunt and move. Also if he tries that, that's Uair time period

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can imagine a TL trying to do a Dsmash near the edge due to the move's broken knock back on the first hit, then a Wingpush before he does Dsmash, and accidently does D-air to his death.

kown

Smash Lord
wingpush isnt bad. for example: someone comes at you with an air attack and u use the wingpush to push them away from you make them miss thier attack and leaving them open for at least a grab.

thier was also something about using wingpush to edgegaurd. I think kupo founded this. the thread died somewhere. but i remember this being somethign that could be good. i forgot oh well maybe kupo knows what im talking about

sagemoon

Smash Lord
wingpush cancels out most projectiles, can mess up aerial approaches throwing off your opponents spacing, It pushes items (bananas/grenades). And it's just fun to use.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
sometimes, but theres certain projectiles (marios fireballs) that are used to put you on the defensive and take advantage.

Top Bottom