• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Windows or Mac

Windows or Mac

• Windows

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • Mac

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters

F8X

Smash Ace
Am I the only person who likes my PC. I mean I used to be a Mac user 1995 was my first Mac. And I had two Mac-books over the past decade (OSX). Then I got an IMB Labtop and I was literally like OMFG this is awesome. After that I got a Media Center PC plugged into my HDTV with 5.1 surround sound. So as far as I'm concerned yes I love my PC. But as far as I'm concerned that Mac I had from 1995 ran up until the day my family upgraded great. If Macs had the power, upgradeability, and overall software back up that Windows had I would definitely switch back to a Mac. Hopefully when I get out of college I will be able to have both.

Oh and this may help your voting decision
http://mvpc.ytmnd.com/

Also, I apologize ahead of time for the noobiness, but besides being free how is Linux the best OS?

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Whenever I use a Mac, it feels bulky and slow. Now, really, I don't know a thing about computers. But, from my experiences, I'd definitly go with Windows. It's not like there's anything a Mac can do that a Windows machine can't - Macs just comes with more features out of the box, and it's 'hip'

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm a computer scientist, and in the university's professional computer science lab room would you like to know how many Mac's there are?... Zero. I wonder why?...

Besides, there's really no such thing as a Mac nowadays anywho. Inside the machine it's all the same since they made the switch away from the Power PC procs.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I use a mac and the only thing i regret is that they do not have a wider selection of games. Well once bootcamp is finished (allows you to run windows on your intel mac), we'll be able to play all the great pc games (Half life 2, Halo 2 - when it comes out etc.)

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
bootcamp is available. That's how i've been playin maplestory. I use a mac, and one thing i like is the fact that i don't have to deal with viruses and spyware. It's basically nonexistant on a mac.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hah! I love those Mac Vs PC commercials. They always show off exactly what Mac thinks is an advantage, but is actually an embarrassment to them.

Why is it that Mac's have far fewer viruses written for them? Is it because of some incredible space age, super advanced, hyper effective security system that PC's don't have? No. It's because all the people capable of writing viruses don't take Mac's seriously. How sad, they're not even worthy of negative attention...

Let's see, who are the ones who write viruses anyway? Computer illiterate people who hardly know how to turn their computer on? Or experts who know everything there is to know about computers and are capable of making intelligent decisions regarding them? Let me tell you it's the latter. So the commercial is saying "All the smart people use PC's, but if you're not one of them, go ahead and use a Mac. They look pretty!" Good job guys, good job.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Let's see, who are the ones who write viruses anyway? Computer illiterate people who hardly know how to turn their computer on? Or experts who know everything there is to know about computers and are capable of making intelligent decisions regarding them? Let me tell you it's the latter. So the commercial is saying "All the smart people use PC's, but if you're not one of them, go ahead and use a Mac. They look pretty!" Good job guys, good job.
Um, actually people who write viruses typically do so in such a manner that they infect the greatest number of systems possible, which as it so happens makes Windows (at something like 90% market share) an excellent target.

Not to mention it's pretty backwards to argue that an operating system is inherently better because it's more often targeted by others. Vulnerability is not an asset, even if it is unrelated to security relative to the competition.

flaco

The Terminator
I got a question why everywhere I go the computers I see are Windows not Mac the only Macs I saw where in middle school that is It I haven't seen no more.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It wasn't until I read this thread did I realize my school's obsession with Macs. All the teachers have one for their, um, teaching purposes.

I was introduced to Microsoft Word and that Linux thing at about the same time. Windows' version was easier.

Sweet Pwnage

Smash Rookie
windows because i have no other choice...and yes i agree that macs are for creating stuff. I always thought Linux was for storing your inappropriate videos. LOl

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
using a mac is like using a condom. It feels great when you first turn it on, but after a while you get sic of it.

I only say this because I like windows (comp gamer). Mac's qualities lie in actually getting people jobs (videoedits, music, crap like that) at least that is what I thought, until some genious came up with itunes for Windows. That just put Mac in the crapper.

soon, we'll ship all the mac users to iDaho. then the Windows users wil be free

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am now running Ubuntu Linux v6.11! No more Windows 4 meeee! XD

flaco

The Terminator
You've never used a mac before, you can't say that. I've been using windows all my life and 2 years ago switched to mac, and I am never considering switching back.
Yes I have used a mac before in my middle school it sucked balls and I didn't like it

marthsword

Smash Ace
Yes I have used a mac before in my middle school it sucked balls and I didn't like it
You are out of high school now. That was a LONG time ago, and the new operating systems are incredible. And you didn't know how to use it. But I'm biased. And linux users are cool :p

flaco

The Terminator
bro I don't know about you but me I don't have a problem with mac but I just don't used them for me I like microsoft better becuase I know how to use windwos better thats all.

HarryPotter

Smash Cadet
Me: windows clearly. ours school uses macs and they are as slow as friggin...
Hermione: HARRY!
Me: and sometimes don't even work.
-HP-

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
I am proud to run Windows Vista on my computer. And yes, I have tried both Linux and Mac. Neither are bad OSs, but Windows is just better.
*personally, i couldnt stand to use vista. . .looks like a waste of RAM*
*yes im a windows user*

The main reason windows is better is largely due to the fact that EVERYONE makes EVERYTHING for windows.

And IMHO, the best OS is a windows computer that doesn't use ANY Microsoft resources. The less things that have MICROSOFT on your computer, the less chance you'll wind up with malware. Because EVERYONE makes EVERYTHING for windows, you rarely see a Linux user get hacked (largely because they are the ones hacking).

So windows. . .ok, just dont rely on the stuff they give you to use (IE, dont use Internet Explorer, WMA, etc.)

flaco

The Terminator
well um I like windwos and use firefox to bowser the web also I have windwos media center edition 2007 is mad good

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is like asking, "What's better, a salami sandwich, or a turd sandwich?"

First of all, tell me what you can do on mac that windows can't do.

Second of all, mac hardware is ****, and over-priced, you'd be better off just buying a much better computer and putting the ****ty mac OS on it, since mac now uses the X86 processor architecture.

Both mac hardware and operating systems blow.

Now I am sure that someone will quote this and say "WOW BUT OMG U CAN DU VID30 ED1TING N' STUFF!!" and you can also do this on windows much more efficiently and faster.

I'd rather use linux than mac.

Mac blows.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Jesus, the eloquence in this thread is fast approaching negative numbers. As long as we're going to have a Windows vs. Mac discussion, can we at least pretend to be able to do so maturely and without resorting to "this OS sucks because I said so"?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
To me Macs are just fancier versions of windows that have a nicer look...

Windows seem more difficult to format imo. They're better for gaming. However, they also tend to be better at going slower :(

Macs hard/software usually isn't compatible with other devices, which really pisses my cousin off (tried putting his Mac keyboard with his Wii. Didn't work out so well). Mac users, with the help of hacks or hackers, can be operated on Windows though.

In fact, on a lighter note, I'm using a Mac to make this post (computer technology class). It seems like I actually have to work to get a post going, what with the sf upgrade windows, funky setup, etc. I may not have the most knowledge, but Windows ftw imo.

i use windows and i install firefox for my browser
I too have done this, as I'm sure half the people posting here have.

Top Bottom