• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Windows or Mac

Windows or Mac

• Windows

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • Mac

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the mac on some cases, cause its faster and the software on some cases is more advanced.but for now im stuck with microsoft

Mitch

Smash Apprentice
When I read the title, the word "flamebait" rushed my mind. :p

Personally, I don't think there's a "better". At the moment both operating systems are pretty stable, Mac has the advantage that there aren't a lot of viruses/worms/etc written for it, and ms users will tell you there are "more" applications for Windows. There are, however, a lot of good and opensource alternatives for Microsoft applications designed for Linux, Mac, Windows, etc.

Windows for games, Mac for image/audio/video editing, Linux (on a pc) for all the rest. :)

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
can you add 'Linux to the post' thats the best and ive said it alot of times on the forum. with windows vs Mac OS X i will have to say Mac os X. i seem to like the interface better and its unix like. oh and i dont like microsoft.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Mac. Mac is fasater, has a better design, a dock is a better place to keep you applications than your desktop. Mac come with itunes, quicktume, ichat (beats msn) safari (better browser than internet explorer,) Dictionary, Free games, garageband...and windows doesn't. The design is much smoother and better thought out than windows. If you start with mac you never go back:laugh:

Mitch

Smash Apprentice
Mac. Mac is fasater, has a better design, a dock is a better place to keep you applications than your desktop. Mac come with itunes, quicktume, ichat (beats msn) safari (better browser than internet explorer,) Dictionary, Free games, garageband...and windows doesn't. The design is much smoother and better thought out than windows. If you start with mac you never go back:laugh:
Can't... resist! Must..... FLAME!!!!

j/k:psycho:

ZarakiSan

Smash Rookie
Without quoting anybody directly, I wish to put some matters together.

- No one operating system is the winner, for each caters for their own corner of the market. i will explain.

- Windows caters for the gamers purely because this is the main 'gaming' operating system. It is also the easiest for mostly anybody, not just because installing and using it is certainly easier than Linux, but also because most people know it well. Very little people have never used a Windows PC.

- Macintosh systems cater for the graphical and musical needs of this world's population. They are also considered a safe 'alternative' for Windows, though such a thing is hard to estimate. Mac is considered 'cool' as well, these days, which is due to the iPod's success.

- Linux is a server operating system, so it caters for a large share of the Internet. It's also considered a die-hard operating system, for people with a large amount of knowledge about computers, especialy on the software side. A lot of people learn to program, or choose to program using Linux.

There are die-hards on every side (We have them in this very thread), and, whilst most people have never used Linux and therefore cannot get a good opinion about it, a lot of people try to defend what they chose for themselves. As mentioned, however, this choice is personal.

Really, if you have some spare time on your hands, do try to install all three operating systems on a computer, preferably the same one, and find out what you prefer. Make sure you take all the operatng systems to their full potential (I'm not sure what you can do for Mac to reach this, but I am certain that there are countless of things to be done with Windows and Linux alike) and then get an opinion about everything.

Personaly, I use Windows. Due to the lack of Foobar under Linux, the simplicity of Windows in my eyes, and the fact I play games once in a while, I decided to stop Linuxing. However, Linux will be making a comeback on my older PC, I want to get a media centre running.

Macintosh stresses me out, personaly, I cannot get that 'mac feel', and I don't feel secure using a Mac. I feel it is "Form over Function."

My vote, therefore, goes to Windows.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Simply put windows is for gaming, (better 3D graphics, better suppoorts games) and mac is for artists, musicians (garageband, itunes) flash.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
Simply put windows is for gaming, (better 3D graphics, better suppoorts games) and mac is for artists, musicians (garageband, itunes) flash.
it may be a matter of opinon but thanks, whats best for photoshop, and scanning ?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Windows is better then Mac by far.
Windows sucks like you would not believe.

On a side note, wow, you joined in 2001, and this is your 10th post? O_O

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
GARAGEBAND? Garageband is **** like you would not believe. Also iTunes is for Windows, too.

Artists, Designers and Editors use programs that are compatible with both OSs. Musicians might use Macs because Logic is only for Mac, and I think ProTools might be, too. Then again, some people use Cubase and programs like Soundforge, so it's not a completely Mac market. And Flash has always been for windows too.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Windows itself is a horrible operating system. However, it is in such a strong position that one can hardly avoid using it. I am currently working on a plan to migrate over to 100% Linux. I'm done with Microsoft Virus, er, Windows. >_<

flaco

The Terminator
Well I use Windows because is more popular but I must admit that mac is better also Linux or any other operating system.

Ranstrife

Smash Rookie
I can honestly say I've never used a Mac before. I can also say that I've never had any major problems with Windows in the past.

I really don't see any reason to switch now. Just my two cents.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I can honestly say I've never used a Mac before. I can also say that I've never had any major problems with Windows in the past.

I really don't see any reason to switch now. Just my two cents.
Not much of a power user, eh? XD

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
I got flamed by uncle meat...how fun.

Mac doesn't get viruses.
That's a lie and you know it. All Operating Systems have security holes in one way or another that could allow a virus to exploit it. The reason there are more viruses around for the Windows platform is that it's far more widespread/common/popular than OSX ever will be. Windows XP has also come a long way in security since its release.

mario madman

Smash Cadet
i have windows and was pro windows till i read this thread now i want mac too...GIMME MAC!!!..lol but really where can i get a mac program or what ever

Khanczar

Smash Ace
^^^ what an *** face. Im a mac user and all, but god. Thats just stupid.

You get them at Mac stores.

mario madman

Smash Cadet
^^^ what an *** face. Im a mac user and all, but god. Thats just stupid.

You get them at Mac stores.
hey you know what i try to be nice in forums bbut shut the nmother ****ing **** face *******
UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
It's probably because I'm still running on Windows 98SE, but personally, I hate Windows with a passion. My system freezes 1 in 3 times when I try to shut down, I get Blue Screens of Death at least once a week, and actually navigating through the slodge of windows after windows is time consuming and irritating.

I haven't used Macs that often, but from the little I've seen, they seem to be much more stable, and the interface is a lot more streamlined.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's probably because I'm still running on Windows 98SE, but personally, I hate Windows with a passion. My system freezes 1 in 3 times when I try to shut down, I get Blue Screens of Death at least once a week, and actually navigating through the slodge of windows after windows is time consuming and irritating.

I haven't used Macs that often, but from the little I've seen, they seem to be much more stable, and the interface is a lot more streamlined.
'Probably' is probably not strong enough of a word.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
no system owns another system. I just like macs a little better because thats all ive ever had. Using windows at school is like another language to me.

Tera253

Smash Ace
f Windows 98 freezes, just push the button works every time.
Mac freezes up more for some of us (Tera included)

so, with some flaiming involved

Mac sux.
Windows is greater.

Gah. the urge to flame is just screaming at Tera right now.
~Tera253~

Top Bottom