• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you be maining Bowser Jr. (or any of the Koopalings)?

?

• Yes, only Jr.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Yes, Jr and one or more Koopalings

Votes: 67 45.0%
  • Yes, only one or more Koopalings

Votes: 45 30.2%
  • I don't care about any of them

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

My favorite mario character of all time made it in he will be my secondary main

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Not sure I'll be maining any. But Ludwig will get a ton of play if I end up liking the moveset. Could easily become a main.

TheChosenReDead

Smash Rookie
I was never a fan of Bowser Jr, but when I saw the alternate skins which were the Koopalings, I was immediately excited. I'm probably going to main Morton.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Morton! He's always been my favorite Koopaling since 1990. Love his star tattoo on his face! And he's the only black Koopaling!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'll be maiming Jr and Ludwig for sure! Iggy and Larry are my other choices

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Definitely maining as four of the Koopalings. Wendy, Ludwig, Larry, Lemmy, in that order.

But mostly Wendy.

_KArMa_

Smash Rookie
After seeing Bowser jr comfirmed <3 Im seriously thinking in who I will main lol Thinking in making Rosalina ,Bowser Jr and Diddy all even dont know now lol

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Can't say I'll main him but I plan to try him out as well as the other Koopaling alts that's for sure.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Iggy. Iggy always. Well, actually it's a toss-up between him and Dr. Mario. I love both so much, and Greninja was put outta the running by Iggy. But, Dr. Mario's still cool. Ah, I'll probably choose come game-time. My one problem with this is that I never supported Alts that are different characters. But, I won't let that stop me from enjoying Iggy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll probably second Lemmy but I'm not a Bowser Jr fan

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I really hope I like to play as Ludwig/Morton. I'm excited for sure about this character slot.

But in the end, just because I WANT to play as someone doesn't mean they'll click with me. I got lucky w/ Ivysaur, hoping I do again w/ Jr/Koopalings. Robin as well. Robin and BJ/KL's are the two hype ones for me.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Definetely Jr. since he was one of my most wanted characters. Maybe, MAYBE I'll be Roy sometimes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Junior will be my main and the shades wearing badass (Roy Koopa) will be my secondary main of these guys.

Balloonicorn

Smash Cadet
The moveset is one of the coolest in the game so I'll definitely play Bowser Jr. a lot but I'm not sure if I'd main him. As for which koopaling, Roy's my boy.

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
I'm definitely maining Bowser Jr! I'll be using Ludwig in particular because he my favorite out of all the Koopalings. I might switch it up every now and then and use either Morton or Lemmy.

Last edited:

Pete278

Smash Lord
Definitely gonna play Roy, loved the koopalings in SMW as a kid, and Tron is my favourite MvC character. Mecha Koopa isn't quite as cool as servbot, but what can you do?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Never was a fan of the Koopalings in general, so I'm gonna stick to the one true heir.

However

I want to say, after seeing GameXplain's video for his moveset, I have finally found "my newcomer" for this game.

See, I've had a bit of a strange habit of picking up a character from each game that gets added into my main rotation.
:039::ganondorfmelee::warioc: so far. As you can see, all evil, all "unorthodox," and all of them having absolutely devastating aerial power. If you doubt an airborne Ganondorf you've not been chained by three of his D-Air's.

Nonetheless.... as much as I loved the CHARACTERS we were getting as newcomers, I hadn't seen a FIGHTER that really fit me.

I've never been a heavy projectile user (:4megaman:, Mii Gunner, to a degree :4pacman: and arguably :4villager:). I love my air game (:4littlemac:). My character choices have always been a bit on the slow side (:4greninja:). And for whatever reason I've never done that well with a sword user (:4shulk::4robinm::4robinf::4lucina:, Mii Swordfighter).

At this point, my newcomer choices were kinda grim. I had Mii Brawler, :rosalina: (and I wasn't good with managing Nana, let alone a Luma), and :4wiifit:. And I have no aspirations to get fit.

That left us with the 4 in the ESRB leak which ended up being our last newcomers for now.

I REALLY don't like Duck Hunt's moveset. :4luigi:>:drmario: any day of the week. I wasn't a fan of :pit:'s Arsenal, which is what Dark Pit seems to be "making up for" in the changes to :4pit:.

Bowser Jr. though...

1) About medium speed
2) Swift aerial movement
3) Amazing looking aerials
4) THAT SIDE B.
5) I honestly love the Up B.
The Smash attacks look GREAT.
His Neutral B seems like a Projectile that I'd actually enjoy.
Down B... ehn, could take it or leave it. Can't wait to see the customs on it.

I knew Bowser Jr. would be THE 6th Mario Rep... I just didn't expect it to be in this game or in this fashion.
I'm pleasantly surprised in how he turned out. He very likely will be the 4th main in my rotation.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I'll be perfectly honest. I couldn't have cared less if Bowser Jr. was in this game. But, when I saw that ALL of the Koopalings were available as alts, it was just too dope to ignore.

It's premature to say if I'll main them or not since there are still plenty of characters to choose from, but they do look fun, and I've always had a fondness for Larry Koopa. So, if I do play as them, it'll probably be Larry, Ludwig, and maybe a splash of Lemmy. Holy carp they all start with L.....Beauteous!

Last edited:

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
I will definitely try Jr. out, and if I like him I'll probably play as Jr., Wendy, or Ludwig.

BanjoK&MarioBros

Smash Cadet
YES! I've wanted this dude since Melee was released, so I'm so darn hyped for this! His moveset is freaking magical too, and the koopalings... I couldn't be happier!

Best roaster ever :love:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Bowser jr.
Because the moveset is made for him.
From the serious destruction from the drill and wrecking balls to the naughty licking and the childish fork, it fits him all.

Morton
Because nobody says pure destruction more than this kid.

Iggy
Licking swimshorts, riding a Clown Car and attacking with a fork.
Yup, that fits the manical Iggy.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Definitely! He was one of my most wanted inclusions to the game, so I was super pleased once I saw he was confirmed. Based on what I've seen it looks like a lot of potential for a fun character to play as well. I'll probably switch between him and Lemmy, cuz Lemmy is cool.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
It will depend on how they play. As much as I like the koopalings, I won't main them if I don't like the way they fight or control. I will try them out as soon as they are unlocked though...I'll play as Lemmy or Ludwig.

Last edited:

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
I will definitely be maining Bowser Jr. (next to Bowser), but probably mostly use the Morton alt.
Morton has always been my favorite Koopaling(I just really really love his design) so I am looking very much forward to play as him. Have to say, I am really excited and I think the playstyle of Bowser Jr. is really interesting and looks like a lot of fun!
Morton is one of my favorites! Behind Larry only.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I was never a fan of Bowser Jr. or the Koopalings, but let me say.

They are really fun to play as. The cannon ball thing just feels so solid.
Their forward smash is really really good. It can KO really easily, and it just feel like a solid hit.
I wish I liked them more as character, because I am really considering making them my second or third main.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's more like "Will Bowser Jr. (or any of the Koopalings) be your new punching bag?" for me. The answer to that question is a resounding yes.

I don't like Bowser Jr. and I certainly don't like the Koopalings either, which means I will never play as them.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I was never a fan of Bowser Jr. or the Koopalings, but let me say.

They are really fun to play as. The cannon ball thing just feels so solid.
Their forward smash is really really good. It can KO really easily, and it just feel like a solid hit.
I wish I liked them more as character, because I am really considering making them my second or third main.
Ah-ha! I finally found someone! I'm assuming you have the Japanese version of the game, or at least some way to access the Koopalings. So, if it wouldn't be any trouble, would you mind telling me the Koopaling's Custom Specials? I really want to know what I have to look forward to, since I'm maining Iggy. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Iggy of course. When it comes to Mario merchandise, it never goes further than the Mario Bros, Peach, the Toads, Yoshis, and DK. I'll definitely be picking up Rosalina and Iggy Amiibos. Maybe Bowser Jr just for the hell of it.

EDIT: I just realized I'm in the wrong thread....

Last edited:

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
I was going to main them until I got my game and played them.
Sad day it was.

Addy Who Dat

Smash Cadet
This depends. Months ago, I felt it would be impossible tobdet Rosalina AND Bowser Jr.and to see them in is more than I could of asked for. after looking at the tape tho, I' will have to learn a little bit with projectiles. as a Mario and sheik player, projectiles aren't my thing. Bowser Jr. Has his koppa toy things and his side smash is a projectile. I'm looking too deep into this do. He should be fine and he may beat out sheik as secondary.

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
Was never a fan of Bowser Jr. The Koopalings should have kept his spot.

Bralef

Smash Cadet
I expect Bowser Jr. will be one of my mains. Either way, I'll probably play as Iggy most of the time.

Top Bottom