• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Smash 4 Revive Another Franchise?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
You mean the extremely unprecise, short roll of the original DKC games? And those things you mentioned are pros, not cons :c 'Awkward' sliding? As far as I remember, DKCR and TF don't make you slide unnaturally across the floor for no reason when you land from a jump with momentum (Oops), that's Melee and Project M.
How is DKC's roll unprecise? It travels at pretty much the same speed as your run so there isn't a shift in momentum and it stays constant.

The roll in DKCR has way too much momentum to be as precise as the DKC roll and in those games you had a lot of control with your movement. I've played only returns but there are times where if you are too close to the edge of a platform, the little shuffle thing that he does will send you over instead of a complete stop like in the original games. Maybe precise wasn't the right word, but rather more responsive.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The roll in DKCR and TF gives you momentum, but it should- the game is platforming while being momentum driven. You can't tell me you can go into a temple and not roll once.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers, oh please please, Ice Climbers.
Maybe they could live in a little village that has lost its supply of vegetables, and the ICs have to go find it. (think Tropical Freeze, but with different icebergs/villages)
Or maybe Wario Land?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Open world Ice Climbers game set in a post apocalyptic wasteland where everything is frozen.

Plot: COOL Polar Bears are throwing coke at people till they die. Are you COOL enough to stop them?

Ihatemyself

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hmm ... now that everyone mentions it, A game about the Ice Climbers would be COOL. I've always like the two, but I just wish we knew more about them. Also I think they should get a slight redesign.

What type of game would Y'all want it be. I was thinking about maybe it would be a mix of platforming, Co-op, maybe even some survival mechanics.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm ... now that everyone mentions it, A game about the Ice Climbers would be COOL. I've always like the two, but I just wish we knew more about them. Also I think they should get a slight redesign.

What type of game would Y'all want it be. I was thinking about maybe it would be a mix of platforming, Co-op, maybe even some survival mechanics.
Check the first page. That's where I put my idea.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Wouldn't exactly be a revival per say since Chibi-Robo isn't dead, but I would be thrilled to see him confirmed along with a new WiiU game.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Hopefully F-Zero. I remember someone from Nintendo mentioning that they don't know how to improve the game, but all they really need to do is put in an online mode and it would be hype. Sure there were some other games for it past GX, but not that many people remember, let alone know about them, and one of which was only released in Japan.
Yes, FFS! Where the HELL is our 30 player online F-Zero?!?!?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I am hoping for an Ice Climbers reboot, like the others are saying, in an adventure like game where Popo AND Nana work together to scale the mountain. It can be similar in a way to Pikmin since you can control both characters. And maybe make it like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon where you can travel to different mansions, except in their case mountains. It'd really be interesting and it could have a bunch of potential in my opinion, as well as the probability of a co-op mode :D

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Yes, FFS! Where the HELL is our 30 player online F-Zero?!?!?
I don't even think 30 people bought F-Zero.

On a more serious note, I, along with everyone else apparently, would love to see an Ice Climber revival with Nana and Popo doing WERK. It seems obvious after seeing them in two iterations of Smash Bros.

Balloon Fighter is my second choice, though. A 3D competitive multiplayer Balloon Fight in 1080p would be pure advil to my nostalgia-ridden bones.

Mother, although being my favorite Nintendo franchise, I'm fine with being over. Not everything needs to be sequelized and reinvented. The Mother series is pure art and adding another game to the trilogy just to add a game might risk its integrity.

Last edited:

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Yes Ice CLimbers. I've considered this too and it sounds like an awesome adventure game.

F-Zero definitely needs one. But with the newcomers known, they're all in current running, or recently released franchises. Megaman would be the only newcomer who is in dire need of a new game.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
My bad joke aside, they should make the Ice Climbers game the way i said.

They already made the world in Kirby 64! :awesome:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't really see an Ice Climbers reboot happening, as the only intention of their inclusion in Melee was to find an interesting NES character that Sakurai can make very unique as a character.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Joy Mech Fight.

lolwtfkatkit Google it.

Also, Nazo no Murasame Jo, of course. Oh, and Custom Robo.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Joy Mech Fight.

lolwtfkatkit Google it.

Also, Nazo no Murasame Jo, of course. Oh, and Custom Robo.
Well these tree are the ones I want to see them playable.
Am still waitng foa actual 3D model of sukapon and takamaru.
Is takamaru have a Atractions on Nintendo Land it would be stuped is in not in smash.
Takamaru for smash and platinium they need to do a new takamaru game hack and slash that fits better for him than Star fox hack slash!
I want takamaru!!!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well these tree are the ones I want to see them playable.
Am still waitng foa actual 3D model of sukapon and takamaru.
Is takamaru have a Atractions on Nintendo Land it would be stuped is in not in smash.
Takamaru for smash and platinium they need to do a new takamaru game hack and slash that fits better for him than Star fox hack slash!
I want takamaru!!!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Thanks for filling my head now e need them in smash!!! I got hope takamaru pls. is ballon fight have a Nintendo land attractions and the most unique 3DS version smash stage, there need to be a takamaru stage on the Wii U or even be playable pls, were lacking samurai on it and we got two ninjas alredy.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
1. Mega Man needs to be brought back. (Sell him to Nintendo)

2. Star Fox needs a new game. (C'mon retro)

3. Wario imo needs a new game. I always wanted to see a Wario Bros. Game with 2 player co op starring Wario and Waluigi.

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Does the Wii U itself count as a franchise? If so then absolutely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom