• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Nintendo know how to handle a game launch of this magnitude?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The standard gaming stores will but major retailers won't most of the time.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I have read these, and alot have a TON have good information.

But Nintendo had sure as balls better have at least one million copies available ON LAUNCH DAY, and many more shipped through the following weeks.

I still think it's possible that gaming stores could get enough to fill reserves, and a few more, and all other stores will have less than 100 copies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Believe it or not, Smash Bros is NOT one of the most wanted games coming out...well technically it is...But not that high on the list

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
um...actually it is the most wanted game of 08. GTA4 is not as anticipated as Brawl.
A bunch of games were more including FF XIII but I forgot the see which ones were coming on Nintendo consels

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was going to reserve it at GameStop but hey, why pay the full amount when I can get 15 bucks knocked off by getting it at work (Target)? All I need to do is get work off that day, go there when we open at 8, get it, and be done with. I mean, we had Wii's on Sunday. We had 20 of them. We sold out of them the next afternoon. We still have Guitar Hero III's.

Plus I work in the Electronics so I get the scoop when new games come in so I know exactly how many SSBB we will have and how I can act accordingly.

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Im just gonna go to the walmart in the morning shortly before it opens, wait, and then go in and get it.

Its worked for everyother major game in the past year or two.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I'm hoping there's a midnight release. Guitar Hero 3 got a midnight release, why not Brawl?

PineapplePete

Smash Rookie
For my sake, i doubt it will matter whether i preorder or not. Somehow where i am i never seem to have a problem. There are 6 wiis at a store near my house.. and games especially are never out of stock, even though i live in a fairly population dense area.

For nintendos sake, i hope they ship a whoooole lot and market it well (not like they did with MP3). A wii would like to play commercial aint gonna do it.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
1.) Wii play has limited stock because it is packaged with a wiimote and wiimotes are harder to produce than games.
2.) I saw masses of Halo 3 at costco the day it came out.
Nintendo knows whats up. check best selling games of all time.
Best selling games
Top two franchises are Mario and Pokemon, both Nintendo.
Best selling game: super mario bros. - 40.23 Million.
(not packaged with system) Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green - 20.08 million.

Don't worry Nintendo is awesome. They will take the Smash sales like a bullet to Superman.

Top Bottom