• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will FFA 3v1's still be an issue in ultimates online?

Ξ◆ZENSHI◆Ξ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Johnnycay
Switch FC
4328-9272-3612
So, do you guys think people will continue to team on random players in FFA in smash ultimate?

I really really really hope that this scummy behavior stops in smash ultimate's online mode.

I wish that the more influential voices in the competitive smash community would voice their opinions on this unsportsmanlike conduct to their fans.

TFW you get targeted in a games online FFA:

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
It probably will continue without an efficient means of policing that behavior.

D

Deleted member

unless Nintendo bans that ****, it'll keep on happening.

Ξ◆ZENSHI◆Ξ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Johnnycay
Switch FC
4328-9272-3612
It's ridiculous that people actually condone this type of behavior by using 'Don't attack us & we won't attack you." as an alibi for their scummy behavior.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's ridiculous that people actually condone this type of behavior by using 'Don't attack us & we won't attack you." as an alibi for their scummy behavior.
Honestly yeah, taunt parties and **** should only happen if everyone in the lobby is into it. If even one person isn't, then that **** should be shut down immediately and the game should be played as normal

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Arenas will let people set up the specific kind of game they want without interference.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Teaming in FFA? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a FFA?

Then again, I see kids teaming in solo Fortnite matches all the time, so I really can't be that surprised...

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
No, don't stop it. It's so fun to wreck them and watch them abandon the lobby!

(it is pretty annoying though honestly)

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
No, don't stop it. It's so fun to wreck them and watch them abandon the lobby!

(it is pretty annoying though honestly)
One time I beat a group so hard and with such style, one of them actually complimented me afterwards. That was the exception though.

Ξ◆ZENSHI◆Ξ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Johnnycay
Switch FC
4328-9272-3612
If they don't want random players to ruin their taunt parties, then maybe they shouldn't voluntarily join PUBLIC FFA LOBBIES & then team on people just because they tried to KO you in a mode that doesn't record loss records.

Why don't these people just do this in PRIVATE friend rooms?

Are friend rooms just not good enough or something?!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I have had it happen to me so many times. Whenever I just want to get away from the For Glory modes for a bit and have some fun, I am always greeted with this type of matchup. 3v1s just drive me crazy beyond belief.

The worst is every time you have a 3v1 situation and the game crashes at the three second mark and you have to wait 10 minutes to join a new game. I can’t tell why it happens, but every time it happens, it seems to happen in on the exact same frame. It happened exclusively when I am getting 3v1ed.

Last edited:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
This is a form of griefing that had plagued the online since Brawl, and in For Fun for Smash 4. This is why I welcome the lobby system, it's a huge step-up in online features. It sure seems the griefers have the wrong idea of what "For Fun" means.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This is a form of griefing that had plagued the online since Brawl, and in For Fun for Smash 4. This is why I welcome the lobby system, it's a huge step-up in online features. It sure seems the griefers have the wrong idea of what "For Fun" means.
I have a hypothesis that some people play this way as a means to express displeasure at the state of Smash's online. And they try to take out anyone who is having fun regardless to ensure their message does not go unheard.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I have a hypothesis that some people play this way as a means to express displeasure at the state of Smash's online. And they try to take out anyone who is having fun regardless to ensure their message does not go unheard.
That, or they just get off on others' pain.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Loved crashing those scum-shows in brawl and if i ever lost i would disconnect my router and end the game for everyone. (Last game i played was brawl so idk how it was in wii u)

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
And the losers ruining the online by living vicariously through video game characters arent? sit down. taunt parties were a plague in brawl and they deserved it. Dont be suprised if they put temporary bans on that crap in the new game.

Last edited:

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
And the losers ruining the online by living vicariously through video game characters arent? sit down. taunt parties were a plague in brawl and they deserved it. Dont be suprised if they put temporary bans on that crap in the new game.
You can't quantify the behavior in any way that would allow for implementing bans.

I agree completely the behavior is terrible and lame. But as is disconnecting your router.

It probably will continue without an efficient means of policing that behavior.
QFT.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
You can't quantify the behavior in any way that would allow for implementing bans.

I agree completely the behavior is terrible and lame. But as is disconnecting your router.

QFT.
Me disconnecting my router doesnt compare to the amount of ppl that ruined that games online. Like i said, they deserved it. There was no repercussions for garbage like that. Sounds like you just want to argue just to express your "cogitation". Either you agree with me or you dont but, calling me a beta and looking for keyboard fight is as lame and weak as it gets.

Ξ◆ZENSHI◆Ξ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Johnnycay
Switch FC
4328-9272-3612

QFT.
While rage quitting is a pretty lame thing to do & should be discouraged, It's understandable why someone would do that while playing against these scummy players.

The players who team on you purposely try to anger you by taunting after every kill, which is really just being a jerk for the sake of it.

It doesn't take an Einstein to understand that behaving like that during a match is wrong.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Apparently you can't taunt online on quick play battles, you still can in lobby matches. Still, it's a stupid change in my opinion, why would you remove something you've put effort in? Also press F for Luigi, Greninja, and specially Kirby who all got nerfed due to this.
:joyful::rotfl: Taunt parties are officially BTFO.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
t's understandable why someone would do that while playing against these scummy players.
Not really. DCing your router is arguably worse behavior.

It doesn't take an Einstein to understand that behaving like that during a match is wrong.
Not sure if this was an underhanded slight or not, but if so, that's laughable. I stated ORIGINALLY I agree that 3v1 teaming IS LAME. However this was the first time I've heard someone say that they willingly DC'd their router because of their anger issues.

Neither behavior is acceptable, which is why BOTH are prohibited.

Ξ◆ZENSHI◆Ξ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Johnnycay
Switch FC
4328-9272-3612
Not really. DCing your router is arguably worse behavior.

Not sure if this was an underhanded slight or not, but if so, that's laughable. I stated ORIGINALLY I agree that 3v1 teaming IS LAME. However this was the first time I've heard someone say that they willingly DC'd their router because of their anger issues.

Neither behavior is acceptable, which is why BOTH are prohibited.
Well, can you really blame someone for even wanting to DC while that is happening to them?

Pyr

Smash Lord
Well, can you really blame someone for even wanting to DC while that is happening to them?
...Ya, I really can.

If your first reaction to a difficult, frustrating situation is to quit and not deal with the situation, you'll never actually improve or see that situation in a new light that will ultimately lead to improvement. You do this at the detriment of any other player you come against. Regardless of the situation they put you in, or the situation you put yourself in, you perform an action that is negative to all players involved, including yourself.

You had so many choices and options, but you chose the worst one. I can 100% blame you for that,

Ξ◆ZENSHI◆Ξ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Johnnycay
Switch FC
4328-9272-3612
...Ya, I really can.

If your first reaction to a difficult, frustrating situation is to quit and not deal with the situation, you'll never actually improve or see that situation in a new light that will ultimately lead to improvement. You do this at the detriment of any other player you come against. Regardless of the situation they put you in, or the situation you put yourself in, you perform an action that is negative to all players involved, including yourself.

You had so many choices and options, but you chose the worst one. I can 100% blame you for that,
(Disclaimer) I DO NOT condone rage quitting at all, so please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way.

It's not like the other 3 players are being any less petty than the people who rage quit, by teaming in FFA's

Last edited:

Ξ◆ZENSHI◆Ξ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Johnnycay
Switch FC
4328-9272-3612
After a few weeks of playing Ultimate, it would seem that taunt parties as a whole have completely vanished from the online modes.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I have run into them in Arena fights. Pretty easy to just pack my bags and leave if it happens. I've been put into 1v2 situations when both my opponents get salty with me. Least they're fighting and not pressing the d pad at that point.

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
Teaming I don't understand, but I will absolutely target one player in a FFA if I feel they are a significant threat, and if other players are feeling the same way then so be it. I guess teaming is ok if one person has a significant lead, and you want to knock them down a stock or two, but it should never be a permanent thing.

Top Bottom