• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wiimote-nunchuk viability

WaywardLuca

Smash Rookie
I played the gamecube version for a long time, and now i'm maining lucario on the wii, is the wiimote a viable control option or should i go back to the gamecube setup? I notice so many people talking about b-sticking, pseudo-sticking, hyphen smashes and other techniques that are done with the gamecube controller.

Thoughts? Are there any really competitive Luca players who use the Wiimote?

IrisKong

Smash Lord
The majority of players still use the Game Cube Controller, I suggest you do the same.

..I use Game Cube Controller...

I have found that B-sticking is cool but I dont use it for lucario as doing aura sphere with the c-ctick just doesnt work for me, although some characters (cough lucas cough) are great with it.

EDIT

This thread will probably be locked as it could have been asked/answered in a sticky.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
It's all personal opinion really. Play with what you think you play best with.
Alot of people enjoy the GC Controllers, other people enjoy Wii Controllers.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Shake Smash is fun :D

But for competition, I use the Gamecube Controller. But that's only since I've gotten used to it since Melee, and that's generally the controls AT instructions will follow. Also, some techs are controller specific. So unless you find some Wiimote-Nunchuk techniques, I suggest the Gamecube Controller.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's possible to do well with the Wiichuck. But you're certainly not doing yourself any favors by doing so.
Best answer here imo, although it's fun to play friendlies on Spear Pillar and when the stage reverses, you just have to flip the nun-chuck upside-down, and resume play pretty much.

Trela

Smash Lord
Razer went Lucario on me while I went Snake on him. He actually has a pretty cool Lucario.

I mean, after all, he's learned from me and Lee. Heh <3

=Trela=

Top Bottom