• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii will not accept poor online! (Letters to Nintendo)

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Do we even know where we should actually be sending this?

Also, what's their e-mail address as I'd feel more comfy sending it to their e-mail address.

tyler_14_420

Smash Rookie
Tyler 'Tuki' Craptain Falcron

I'd like to say that most likely this won't be rectified, as the Wii online system is not an online system like Xbox Live. It is a match making system, and I'm fairly sure that rather than running off Nintendo's servers, they save money via direct connections. That's why the lag is so bad, because nobody's connection is good enough to actually support entire matches. I may be wrong, but this would be a good guestimate as to why lag is happening. Lag is most likely greatly lessened based on all the players distance (Ping) and DL/UL Speeds (Sending and Recieving Data), so guys... Get better internet!

Also, Nintendo's internet is too family oriented. Just give it a god**** ESRB rating. You need 12 digit numbers to add people? Rediculous! All you would need is a Decline Friend Request and/or Block feature. There should also be parent controls to monitor children's friends and if they can accept friend requests or not. Maybe even an option where you have to put in a password to accept a friend request, so kids can ask their parents first.

Nintendo, get your act together. Xbox Live is heavily beating you in the online category, and so it's hard to compare Brawl to Halo 3. Both are great party games, but one has great multiplayer D:

Edit:

P.S: I wouldn't mind paying for a subscription service like Xbox Live. Look how well it works out! For a minimum charge for using their service, you get an amazing online experience. **** home, Xbox Live is where it's at. Nintendo, follow Microsoft's example.

Ange

Smash Lord
The OP list havnt been updated for awhile, man. o:

Might want to update it, or you dont plan to?

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
I think we actually will accept bad online play since nintendo actually doesnt care what we say.
:)

Sonikku the Pikachu

Smash Rookie
i'll sign,even though its peoples internets and not nintendos but whatever i'l l sign due too the poor online experince nintendo gave us

"laggy",Pikachu/Toon Link

TM29

Smash Rookie
it's ridiculous that this is all that they can "afford" to give us after all we've paid them over the years. I want good online.

Ryan; TM29; marth

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Chris Frail "KillerCRS" Pikachu

Jo3y

Smash Cadet
I agree about the lag. I also think you need to include something about FC's being too tedious for online play and that Nintendo should have some sort of server system... JUST SOMETHING BETTER THAN FRIEND CODES!

Name: Joe Whitelaw (Jo3y) Samoose

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
Soo umm...

It occur to anyone that the first post isn't updated because the Orignal Poster might have a life outside these forums?

Just saying...

Top Bottom