• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
With the 360 wireless controllers, you're ordered in the way you push down start or hold down the Xbox Guide button. First person to hold it down boots up the system and is player 1, second person to hold it down is player 2, etc. The Wii controller has the "Power" button on it, which probably works the same way as the Xbox Guide button on the 360. First person to hold it down (Should be a hold atleast, like the DS, don't want to accidentally turn it off) should be player 1 and boot up the system, second should be player 2, and so on.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
F8X said:
FDV I think you can just use a cable adapter for the wavebird
You haven't got/seen a wavebird, have you?

Cashed: Sounds cool...but what If i want to be in slot four in a one on one? :/

germ

Smash Cadet
BILLY AGE 8 said:
I saw the trailor for SSB3, it looks great, it will be one of the reasons i get the wii.

by the way, germ, your banner, it needs a 4 pronged fork! unless someone got kicked out that i didnt hear about.
oh it has four prongs....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo have stated that Super Mario Galaxy will NOT be a launch title.

Thanks god for Metroid Prime and Red steel then :)

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
Yea can some one explain Friends Code for me? I don't have a DS. And does anyone notice, Pit gets like, a quadruple jump or something when he is fighting metaknight.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
According to new EGM:

• $249 Price tag
  • ALWAYS online (Just revealed at E3)
  • Built in speaker on the controller (Again, revealed at E3)
  • No improved graphics on Virtual Console (as in, they aren't redoing the models, doesn't talk about framerates and such).
  • TG16 will have it's 1st party games out at launch, 3rd party will come later as demand increases.
  • Estimated prices for the VC are "a few dollars for NES, $5 for SNES and $10 for N64″
  • VC games are pro-scan enabled.
  • More 3rd party exclusives than the Cube

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
yes but what is the Friends Code system? is it like, an arduous process of putting in other ips and junk?

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Battle.net is free and has an awesome system. I wish it would be something like that but with Live's audio communication and message systems.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are those facts from EGM reliable, Cashed? If so, those prices for the VC make me happy. Price for Wii is what I thought it would be.

And anyone that wants to see voice chat with random people online, don't get your hopes up. The implementation of friend codes basically seals the deal to only people on your friends list. I wish nintendo would stop treating us like kids. at least put in a "parental control", where everyone who WANTS to chat could.

beckhamisaqueer

Smash Cadet
If EGM is right.... $249 price tag? Ugh....

I was hoping for at most $200. This leaves only a fifty dollar difference between 360 core and Wii. Bad move in my opinion.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
50 dollars is pretty significant. That's a Wii and a game, as opposed to a system inferior to its more expensive counterpart, with no accessories.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
EGM also said Smash/Mario would launch and Metroid wouldn't come until '07.

whoops! so much for reliable information.

the actual quote was that "$249 sounds appropriate" so it's really just speculation. As for the other things they got "right" (system always on, speaker in controller), most insiders already knew that but because of NDAs couldn't reveal them until after E3. the new EGM got out before e3 and it actually wasn't supposed to. =/

here's the whole story. this info actually got out to the public the 6th or 7th i believe.

click

LeX

Smash Cadet
Can someone please explain the friend code system? This question has been asked a few times and no one has given us an answer. How do friends codes work on the DS and what makes friend codes a pain in the ***?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
friend code system: a 12 digit code (i.e. 1234-1234-1234) that you have to input in order for your opponent to be your "friend". The trouble is, your opponent has to add yours as well, and if they don't know you've added them, they'll never add you because you can't send any "friend requests".

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's to "protect teh childrens" from being friends with a "stranger". It is lame.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A snippet on the worldwide release.

Matt Casamassina: So it's a worldwide launch?

Perrin Kaplan: Yeah.

MC: So that's Europe, America and Japan?

PK: Don't forget Australia!

*Sniff* They actually CARE!

EDIT: Found a few interesting pics.

Anyone got any idea what the last one is?

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Is that last one part of the sensor bar or something? That's what I thought when I saw it. But it wouldn't make sense to have a set size of a bar because there are many different TV sizes; it would make more sense to have sort of a bookend kind of deal. But I don't know, I'm just guessing.

kaid

Smash Master
You have a sensor bar, and you need to calibrate it to your tv. (Nintendo was no doubt VERY careful in pre-calibrating their demo stations- Red Steel sounded like they forgot to have that option.

Even if it WAS a bookend, it still wouldn't give the height of your tv, so the information would be off anyway.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I think the system would look rather tacky in the blue, but the controller seems to work fine in it.

I'll likely pick up a white, a black and a blue on top of the white console. It's nice when they release 4 colors for controllers, but really since we're wireless now, it doesn't matter so much.

germ

Smash Cadet
BILLY AGE 8 said:
oh i see that you have changed it, trying to cover up your mistake but must i prove you wrong with what you had up.

i rest my case.
you have to admit the new one looks much better than the other one.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Shutup. Seriously, Stop talking about forks.

So far, all of the games involving pointing at the screen have used an on screen cursor, so the calibration won't really matter, because you will be watching the cursor on the screen, not where you are pointing the controller.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
It will still matter - I don't want to have to point to my cieling to go up an inch. It should have total sensitivity, calibration, etc. so that it's comfortable for every player. Controller sensitivity should be adjusted individually for multiplayer.

BILLY AGE 8

Smash Cadet
sorry about the fork talk, just had to say it.

if i had to choose a color for the system it would probably be black or white, and pick up differently colored controllers.

Top Bottom