• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii shop channel will you buy it?

graves

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure will!!!! I don't have a nintendo 64 so i didn't get a chance so i"m looking foward to it coming on the Wii Shop Channel!!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
n64 games are about 800 points (20$) for games you could get for less on the actual consol, who knows. I might if I had that much spare money

Atsu

Smash Ace
1 Point = 1 Cent. I think he meant 2000 Points.

EDIT: But it could possibly be a little cheaper *shrugs*

Atsu

Smash Ace
No, 1 Cent is seriously 1 Wii Point. Hence why 2000 Point Cards cost 20 Bucks.

Skeet11

Smash Cadet
Well first off I think the game will be 1000 points ($10, don't know where that other kids math came from) and unless they add an online feature to it, I won't be buying it.

Icelement

Smash Cadet
You'd have enough to buy this game! omg
If not, then at least enough to buy Super Mario Brothers 3. :D

I'll definitely buy it just because it's such a classic. I often play online with friends, and I think it would be worth buying on the virtual console.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
There have been many threads about this before.

I can almost guarantee that most people will say "I won't get it unless it has an online feature", some will say "Yeah, I never had it before", some will say "I already have it" and the rest will say "I don't think the controls would work too well on the wii".

An online feature is available on an emulator, so that covers those people.
It's also free, which covers the "I never had it before" people.
Finally, the controls would work fine with a gamecube controller, as many people use them for online play with an emulator.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Sure, even though I own the game I lost my cables to my N64. And I loved the original Smash, if I compared their cores I'd choose 64 over Melee on most days.

And I've always wanted to play it with a good controller...

tvieth01

Smash Cadet
i think itll come out march 3 on virtual console. n64 games cost 1000 ($10) and one (because its an import cost 1200 ($12) so ya. i have 64 smash but then i have to hook up all the stuff and its just easier to install it on the wii. nintendo power stated that there will be a suprise or something idk you research it but they said something special is going to be on the virtual console. i hope they put gamecube games on there just to make it easier.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i can't wait either...i seriously hope that they introduce SSB64 on the virtual console soon after Brawl's release.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The game would only cost $10 and you do not have to buy 2000 Wii Points to get it unless you buy a card from the store.

I just buy my Wii Points from the Shop channel, so you can just buy 1000 ($10) and buy it with that...

Will I buy it? Probably. I own it.

I'd be buying it mostly for the purpose of playing all 3 games with the same controller. I can't deal with the N64 one anymore.

It'd also be easier to play than hooking up a different system.

roguebanshee

Smash Cadet
what kind of drugs have you been smoking lately?
His point stands, unless you currently own a copy of SSB64 and a N64 then it is illegal to emulate SSB64 on your PC (or other hardware).

It doesn't matter whether the game is being sold in stores or not, that there's a new game in the same series available, you can't buy a new N64, that Nintendo doesn't lose money, that you once owned SSB64/a N64 or whatever else you can think of. Unless Nintendo decides to release SSB64 for free, it is not legal to get a rom of it and emulate it on your PC unless you currently own a legal copy of SSB64 and a N64.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
i can't wait either...i seriously hope that they introduce SSB64 on the virtual console soon after Brawl's release.
This wont happen, Why would nintendo try to recreate an older version of a game they have recently released, its not a normal act to CUT money from your self, espasicaly when your a billion dollar business :|

roguebanshee

Smash Cadet
We can only hope they release it soon for Europe/Australia, that'd take away some of the waiting time.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's pretty hard to find SSB64 anymore, so it's like they lose $985 at most! :laugh: As for this, ya. Online or GTFO. And by online, I mean built for the game. If it's online was better then Kaillera, I'd buy it in a heart beat! XD

kirbysprite

Smash Cadet
Now I got some things to say.

It's legal if you've owned an actual N64.
So what you are saying is that it is illegal for me to get the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES even though I don't have one? :confused:

This wont happen, Why would nintendo try to recreate an older version of a game they have recently released, its not a normal act to CUT money from your self, espasicaly when your a billion dollar business :|
I am just going to repeat what I said at GameFAQs. Here is the URL:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=198854&topic=41495866

Ummm... I read in a magazine that it will come out before Brawl comes out. How do I know this?

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 came on the VC before Super Mario Galaxy came out

2. Metroid came out on the VC before Metroid Prime 3: Corruption came out.

So yeah if Nintendo keeps following this pattern, then we might get this on the VC.:bigthumbu

roguebanshee

Smash Cadet
So what you are saying is that it is illegal for me to get the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES even though I don't have one? :confused:
Simple version:

If you buy it from Nintendo* and you have a machine the version you bought is playable on, then it is legal to use a rom of that version with an emulator. But only as long as you keep possession of the original game and game system.

*Or another shop/person selling an original (ie. not a backup/rom copy/pirated version).

So you currently have three options if you do not own the game and an apropriate console:

1) Find and buy the game and console second hand.
2) Ignore legality and risk fines if Nintendo decides to pursue piracy in your area.
3) Hope stuff becomes available on VC.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
I'd definitely get it for Virtual Console! Even though I have it for 64 already it's fun being able to take your Wii anywhere and when you forget your Wii games you can't believe how much relief it is to find you still have n64 games on ur Wii that you can just click to play. Garuntees that everywhere your Wii is, Smash 64 is along for the ride

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
His point stands, unless you currently own a copy of SSB64 and a N64 then it is illegal to emulate SSB64 on your PC (or other hardware).

It doesn't matter whether the game is being sold in stores or not, that there's a new game in the same series available, you can't buy a new N64, that Nintendo doesn't lose money, that you once owned SSB64/a N64 or whatever else you can think of. Unless Nintendo decides to release SSB64 for free, it is not legal to get a rom of it and emulate it on your PC unless you currently own a legal copy of SSB64 and a N64.

Its legal as long as you don't get caught >:{P

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
Is whether or not it's legal really going to stop you from getting it on an emulator?
I guess it would if you believed piracy was seriously enforced.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Definately getting it but it would be a problem if it comes out real close to March 9th.

Top Bottom