• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wigi is REALLY GOOD

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
good stuff boss

i've been using that dodge thing lately, didnt know that was what you were talking about.

its pretty good for buffering ground attacks right after
I'm starting to use it like that too, and i think its great so far.

EDIT: i know this is gonna sound newby, but how are you doing downB out of the torpedo like that? Are you jumping and i just can't see? Because when i try it i can't build up enough momentum to get up. It might be i just can't press the button fast enough then..

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
It took 32 seconds to KO TL and rack up that damage LOLOLOL. And you landed the misfire after the Fair. I need to try that 2 cents lolz.

@ Alia, boss is doing the rising tornado WITHOUT the second jump, you don't get as much as vertical height without secondjump+rising tornado, but he's just rapidly taping down b to get the full vertical height.

I do forget a good luigi (like boss xD) should learn how to do a rising tornado without the usage of the second jump. You create more options like that.

And actually I've been doing that dodge look alike L-cancel before but not very often. Now that I've seen I'm definitly investing it in my game. What are its uses again? (is forgetful ;D)

Vist

Smash Champion
yea i dont see luigis using the down b without jumping enough

i pretty much rely on it constantly b/c of the way you had to do it in melee and boss is probably the only other luigi i've seen so far using it

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
yea i dont see luigis using the down b without jumping enough

i pretty much rely on it constantly b/c of the way you had to do it in melee and boss is probably the only other luigi i've seen so far using it
I'll test it out tommorow for myself, but do you mash like in melee to gain height? If so i need to mash more then xD. But once i get this down, i'll totally use that a lot more.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
We used to have a player in Niagara/GTA that used Luigi, he placed good sometimes, and he was capable of beating some of our best players. He left Brawl though :\

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
woawoaowaoawooaoaw hold the phone, is this true, if so is it basically the same as L canceling?
Techanically sorta. Best used as mindgames according to Boss and the tourney results don't lie ;)

We're gonna put it in our Strats thread (even tho he doesnt update it frequently lol) most definitly deserve the credit and respect to your name ;D

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Techanically sorta. Best used as mindgames according to Boss and the tourney results don't lie ;)

We're gonna put it in our Strats thread (even tho he doesnt update it frequently lol) most definitly deserve the credit and respect to your name ;D
respect to your name? i hope that doesn't mean we will call this move bossin' or something...that sounds weird xD.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Yeah you have to mash it like it's melee all over again :/ It has more vertical height than in melee i believe.
Oh goodie, i hate mashing, it makes me think of star fox adventures for the gamecube...people who have played it will know what i am talking about.

Top Bottom