• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiFight Club - Congratulations to Catana for winning the tourney and destroying everyone

Teh Sandwich

Smash Apprentice
I'm sandwich.

Nnid: chawpy

Main: purple link
Secondaries: bowser, cpt falcon, sheik.

I have a mean link game yo

Last edited:

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
When's the next tourney? I've been playing so much MH4U lately that I forgot about this place xD

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
When's the next tourney? I've been playing so much MH4U lately that I forgot about this place xD
Well, we can look into starting a new one if you'd like. I can go ahead and open it up for "registration", but I was hoping to iron out the rules before starting a new one. I was hoping to get more feedback about how you guys liked the last one and what you think I should have done differently.

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Well everything was fine IMO. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. I want to make one thing clear though. In this Tournament is any character allowed? For example, lets say someone mains Diddy and secondary Link. Does that mean that person can use Diddy the whole tournament no problem or does he have to use Link at least once? Just to know xD

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
The idea is that you can use any character but I wanted to limit it so, in each tournament you can only use 1 non-Link character.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Well everything was fine IMO. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. I want to make one thing clear though. In this Tournament is any character allowed? For example, lets say someone mains Diddy and secondary Link. Does that mean that person can use Diddy the whole tournament no problem or does he have to use Link at least once? Just to know xD
Salty about Oblivion going only/winning with D3?

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Yes, Yes I am xD But I got over it. His king D3 is amazing. The thing was that I expected a Link Ditto and I was already hyped that I was gonna win and get first place but then I got crushed pretty hard x.x" So that got me in a bad mood but in all honesty though, its better with a variety of characters as long as I don't see a Diddy (Yes I hate Diddy). So yeah, GGs to Oblivion and very well played. Congratz to you and Goul!

Last edited:

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Yep. Well I was doing better than I thought I would do and got overconfident cause of it. Don't take it in a bad way <_<

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I was unaware you could use any character. This changes everything.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Thanks for those who congratulated me, and congratulations to Goulmania as well!

For stages I think we could make it: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City
Counter-pick stages: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
Basically the stage list of EVO.
For 3DS I believe the stages should be FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Prism Tower... and I think I'm missing some.
Maybe we could take customs into consideration.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Thanks for those who congratulated me, and congratulations to Goulmania as well!

For stages I think we could make it: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City
Counter-pick stages: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
Basically the stage list of EVO.
For 3DS I believe the stages should be FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Prism Tower... and I think I'm missing some.
Maybe we could take customs into consideration.
I agree, we should try customs on this time around.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Sorry guys. I just found out today that starting Saturday I will be out of town for 4 weeks. I don't think I'll have access to my computer during this time so I don't think I'll be able to run any tourneys during that time. Maybe for now you guys can use this thread to start up some friendlies and/or discussion for future tourneys. Again, I'm sorry about this.

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
I agree, we should try customs on this time around.
I agree with Elessar maybe we can have 2 tourneys running at the same time or maybe back to back (dont know if this will be too much for CostLow), 1 of those tourneys with customs and the other one without them. (after CostLow comes back of course)

thoughts??????

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
I agree as well. Customs on might lead to some interesting and unique matches. We'll get this started once CostLow comes back from his trip (Have fun dude).

Just one question, what exactly do you mean by customs? Equipment included or just custom moves?

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
@ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 - Thanks for the input for stages. I think that's as good a starting point as any.

@Everyone - I have no problem running a customs series along with the standard series. Do you think there will be enough participation to make it worthwhile if I were to run them at the same time or should I alternate?

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Custom moves only not equiment please....
Aw man, so I spent all those days collecting equipment for nothing D:
Nah jk, ok. Moves only it is.

@ CostLow CostLow I think there's gonna be enough people. Im gonna join both tourneys so considering how many of us are probably gonna do the same and join both then there's gonna be decent amount of players (I hope).

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Anyone on now for some wifi? I need to practice and get used to my new controller.

Dark_Link05

Smash Cadet
NNID: Adam0501
3DS: N/A
Costume: Water temple, Dark Link
Other Characters: Little Mac, ZSS
YouTube: USoldier0501
Claim to Fame: Won several tourneys in Okinawa (while I was in the Army) with Link. Also, strangely enough, I play much better when drunk.

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Zerker
NNID: AlexZerker
3DS: Currently broken R button, will update once I have New 3DS

Game Times: After 5 PM PST usually on weekdays, Anytime whenever I have the day off
Claim to fame: Gale Spin Attack

If there's a Skype group, I'd appreciate being added to it.

EDIT:
I'd also like to enter any new tournaments that are coming up.

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
NNID: SirDukeIII
3DS: 2208-7787-3773
Costume: White
Other Characters: N/A
Game Times: 1-4 am PT & occasionally 1-5 pm
YouTube: SirDukeIII
Claim to fame: I found OoT Master's Quest to be easier than the main story

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Not sure. Probably 40-50 people. The 11th is Melee, and there's generally a bigger turn out that day.
I'm . . . Kinda intimidated now, honestly. I've never been in an actual tournament before (other than like two wifi ones) and I wouldn't even know what to do when I showed up.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I'm . . . Kinda intimidated now, honestly. I've never been in an actual tournament before (other than like two wifi ones) and I wouldn't even know what to do when I showed up.
Don't be dude. It's essentially a bunch of nerds all gathered in one room playing a game they all love. Friendlies are round robin games. You find an open station and play people. If you beat the people you're playing, you keep playing until you lose, then you either stay at that station and wait your turn to play again, or you find another station. If you become confused, the people there will be happy to explain things to you. It's a great experience, you'll want to do it again. I'll be there as well. If you decide to show up, we should rock double Link's. $10 team entry, 5$ each, plus a 5$ venue fee.

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Don't be dude. It's essentially a bunch of nerds all gathered in one room playing a game they all love. Friendlies are round robin games. You find an open station and play people. If you beat the people you're playing, you keep playing until you lose, then you either stay at that station and wait your turn to play again, or you find another station. If you become confused, the people there will be happy to explain things to you. It's a great experience, you'll want to do it again. I'll be there as well. If you decide to show up, we should rock double Link's. $10 team entry, 5$ each, plus a 5$ venue fee.
I'm gonna need more details for this, like what time it opens up and stuff, etc. I think I will actually show up, I should be able to scrap together enough money for an entree fee to whatever if it's just $5 for stuff.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I'm gonna need more details for this, like what time it opens up and stuff, etc. I think I will actually show up, I should be able to scrap together enough money for an entree fee to whatever if it's just $5 for stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/events/857887540950392/

I haven't been in a while, but the venue fee is usually $5 at the door, $10 per team, and $10 to play in the singles tourney. So if you were to enter singles and doubles, it would cost about $20. Opens at 12, closes at 10.

Last edited:
Top Bottom