• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiFight Club - Congratulations to Catana for winning the tourney and destroying everyone

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
You can just remove me from the Wii U tourney, I'm done with that game.
So, are you just not playing smash 4 at all then?

Edit: Made the change and added DeTa and Oblivion129

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
State: Michigan
Skin: Fierce Deity
Times: Monday - Friday at around 7 P.M. to 1 A.M. (assuming, of course that Persona 3/4 doesn't have me locked up in its dungeon)
Secondaries: :4shulk: :4robinm:
NNID: MagmarFire
Claim to fame: Currently have three waifus and counting. DidIsaythatoutloud?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
State: Texas
Skin: Red
Times: Most days in the evening. Like after 7pm CST.
Secondaries: :4lucario:
NNID: omar8193
Claim to fame: I'm the best Link in Texas. Wanna fight about it?

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Man, I was expecting an *** whooping, and instead I get a bye? I'm sad.
Wait, what is this? Why am I in the bracket? Did I sign up and forget? I seriously haven't played 3DS Smash since the Wii U version came out.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Wait, what is this? Why am I in the bracket? Did I sign up and forget? I seriously haven't played 3DS Smash since the Wii U version came out.
If you provided a 3ds friend code you're in the bracket basically.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Hey guys! I know this isn't perfect right now but I just put all the names in that I saw for each game. I wanted activity more than perfection. The next tournament can be based off of actual registration if you'd prefer. It looks like this provides better activity so I'll just create a registration period and then set up each tournament that way. I guess this will make it easier than asking everyone to battle for qualification, huh?

Guess I'll put this out there, but I don't own the Wii U Smash. So Powerstar takes it.
@ Knife8193 Knife8193 - You'll be the substitute for link7. I already changed the name on the bracket so you're good to go.

@ link7 link7 - Thanks for the heads up, man. Makes my job a little less hectic. :)

I won against Jasudin in the 3DS bracket
gg u2.

@Jasudin - don't worry man. these tournaments should start rolling along pretty quickly. besides, there's always the option to battle each other for practice, and maybe some day I'll create different tournaments with things like double-elimination, custom moves turned on, teams, etc.

If you've been tagged here I took the liberty of adding your name to one or both of our current tournaments because you either offered your credentials to this thread or have shown in other ways to be interested in competing as Link or against Link mains here. Please go to WiFight Club 1 Wii U and WiFight Club 1 3DS to see which bracket(s) you're in. If you would like to be removed from the tournament please let me know ASAP, otherwise, good luck to you all and please check out the tournament rules immediately following the OT for details on what is expected of you. :)

@Demacrez and @Rizen - Do either of you want to join? I know you both are capable smashers, so I thought I'd offer an invite now. Somehow I missed you both before. :(

I also went ahead and added a couple more people from the 'Gauntlet' thread to the OT. I don't have everyone added to the tournament, but if anyone else wants in just let me know so that I can try to fit you in if someone else drops out. Remember, dropping out due to inactivity happens on Wednesday, so if you want in and you're not yet you'll be able to join on Wednesday if not sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
How much time does the opponent have to answer the challenge before he forfeits?

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Seems that HunterNinjaReaperPirate98 doesn't exist. Was he banned or did his name get changed?

TheLilK98

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheLilK98
Ah, sorry. I forgot to mention I don't have the Wii U version yet. I'm only on 3ds. :(
Aw man, well I'd love to play when you get it.

Are there any more subs? My last opponent dropped out too.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I managed to beat Ariel 2-0 in the Wii U bracket.
Jade_Rock55 has yet to respond, though.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Seems that HunterNinjaReaperPirate98 doesn't exist. Was he banned or did his name get changed?
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I'll see if I can set up a sub for your match.

Aw man, well I'd love to play when you get it.

Are there any more subs? My last opponent dropped out too.
I'll also see about a sub for your match.

I managed to beat Ariel 2-0 in the Wii U bracket.
Jade_Rock55 has yet to respond, though.
Ok. I'll just wait for Ariel's confirmation of the results. In the mean time, maybe just remind Jade_Rock that they have until Wednesday before I can sub them out for inactivity and if not I guess you'll just get a bye if they don't reply at all.

I know this will lead to a lot of byes but the next brackets won't be so bad I think.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
@ TheLilK98 TheLilK98 - @Genix is your new opponent in the Wii U tourney. Good luck to you both. :)

BTW- I have used up all potential subs so far except for Rizen, if he wants in. He makes it seem like he may not be up for it, but I'll wait and see what he says. Demacrez and Genix never actually submitted their info into the club. The same goes for a few of the others so don't be surprised if you find yourself getting a bye or two... or more. lol

Also, this was just a quick and sloppy attempt to just get some activity. I'll try to make the next set of tourneys go a little better. :)

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and take Oblivion's word for it for now. If @Ariel responds later I'll make changes if needed. I hope this decision is to everyone's liking.

@ Zelkam Zelkam - you can go right ahead and try to set up your match with @Heero Yuy if you'd like. You guys will still have the same deadline as everyone else for the next round so you can have a little extra time to get to it. :)

@ skydogc skydogc - @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ is his new name. Had to hunt him down, but it wasn't too difficult. His NNID made it easy. :)

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
@ Zelkam Zelkam - you can go right ahead and try to set up your match with @Heero Yuy if you'd like. You guys will still have the same deadline as everyone else for the next round so you can have a little extra time to get to it. :)
Sounds good. Is tomorrow the deadline for the first round? I had contacted @ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 for the Wii U bracket and he mentioned he was in a WiFi drought and wasn't sure when we'd be able to play.

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
My opponent hasn't answered either and if tomorrow is the deadline, does that mean I automatically advanced or do I fight someone else for a spot?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
NNID: Wolfie9090
3DS: 4699-5598-8215
Skin: Gold Tunic
Secondaries: :4kirby: :4pit:
Game times: Any weekday 11:30-2:20PM EST, on Saturdays and Fridays the time doesn't matter. Sundays I've got **** to do
Claim to fame: None ;-;

Last edited:

Link4Life!

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4124-5464-1375
Quick question. In regards to the alternates, does this mean we can switch to another character after the first match if you want? Just to confirm so I don't make a mistake.

My opponent hasn't answered either and if tomorrow is the deadline, does that mean I automatically advanced or do I fight someone else for a spot?
Sorry about that, i've been a bit deprived from the computer. I'm back now!

Skype name - Chuckknoblox

SO ADD ME! ^_^

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Sounds good. Is tomorrow the deadline for the first round? I had contacted @ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 for the Wii U bracket and he mentioned he was in a WiFi drought and wasn't sure when we'd be able to play.
Yeah I don't think I will be able to. You might want to partner with someone else this time, but I'll try to get some kinda wifi as soon as I can. My bad for the inconvenience, but don't count me out completely just yet. You might be surprised at how good my Link is, though I can't really say much until you play me yourselves/watch me play a serious match (I only just recently got Sm4sh for the Wii U, so I have nothing to offer in terms of replays, especially with no wifi lol). Til then, I suppose.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
i'll skip out, i don't play sm4sh link any more too busy juggling Melee Link and PM Tink atm
but my Link is getting good in SoCal, beofre i go, here is some recent footage of my melee link
http://www.twitch.tv/sdmeleetv/b/612518498
Much love for Link and all the Zelda chars but i'd rather be representing melee link, Peace!
Take care. I'll take you off of the roster for next time then.

• Each round will be over the course of 1 week
    • Starting Monday; Ending Sunday
    • If your opponent does not set up a fight by 2400 (GMT) on Wednesday an alternate can be subbed in at this point
      • Except during Semi-finals or Finals
What that means is that the round itself is over on Sunday @ 2400 (GMT), but if you are having trouble getting your opponent to join the fight then we can substitute someone else that maybe missed the deadline to join. I don't think we have anymore subs right now though so you may have to wait until next week. I'm sorry about the delay. :(

I'm keeping track of everyone that lets me know about their problems here so if nothing else happens by then you will advance on Sunday.

Quick question. In regards to the alternates, does this mean we can switch to another character after the first match if you want? Just to confirm so I don't make a mistake.
Yes. If you lose you can either choose the following stage or choose a different character. The winner will get to pick the thing you don't choose. So, if you lose and want to change characters they get to choose the stage. If you lose and want to choose the stage they get to change characters if they want. Let me know how you guys like that ruling. I'm pretty flexible about it, but just want a standard, you know?

Yeah I don't think I will be able to. You might want to partner with someone else this time, but I'll try to get some kinda wifi as soon as I can. My bad for the inconvenience, but don't count me out completely just yet. You might be surprised at how good my Link is, though I can't really say much until you play me yourselves/watch me play a serious match (I only just recently got Sm4sh for the Wii U, so I have nothing to offer in terms of replays, especially with no wifi lol). Til then, I suppose.
This probably isn't really a good call on my part but if you get your wifi back up again I could maybe plug you back in at some point as a sub. Just keep us in the loop. (If we're in semi-finals by then I won't be able to though, of course)

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
NNID: Lawz_Fearless
Costume: Dark Link
Other Characters: Sheik, Diddy Kong (Will probably be using them, sorry guys.)

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Drigo Toes
NNID: DrigoToesSato
3DS: n/a
:4link:
Game times: In GMT-4, generally post 21:00; most of the time on sunday.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DrigoToes/
Claim to fame: Best Chilean Link 2009-2013 (retired). Won my first match vs ZeRo (Link vs Fox, 2008, Melee).

I will marry in two weeks, so i will try to play as much as possible until then :X

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
@ Lawz. Lawz. and @ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes - I'll add you to the OT soon and then I'll see about finding you a spot later (once that deadline hits or someone else pulls themselves from the bracket) Thanks for joining us. :)

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736

Sorry about that, i've been a bit deprived from the computer. I'm back now!

SO ADD ME! ^_^
I got no skype, sorry dude xD
But I sent you a PM, hopefully we'll do this before the week ends.

Top Bottom