• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiFi Samus

THEND

Smash Cadet
During a WiFi match, do you guys think that lag helps Samus of hurts Samus? I think it hurts her because you need total control, and lag really messes that up. I think she is really bad under lag.....and usually I have to use my secondary, ROB.

Any thoughts?

Ravin

Smash Lord
I do terrible in lag. Samus mostly. If i get a bad connection, I normally just leave. Its not worth hearing them say you johned when you try to explain to them how much Samus /sucks/ in lag. Her projectile game doesnt benefit at all like Links or TLink, Snake Ect in lag because her MC and stuff require timing. Not to mention her other moves like ledge Zairs, ect, require some extant of timing. So most lag throws me off a MC, not to mention misinput commands for Samus can be bad. ~.~

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
When I was used to lag, as in, I only played wifi and never went to tournaments, I was decently fine. I found that without lag, tho, I could TOTALLY develop my in-and-out mobile playstyle, utilizing shield dashes, pivot grabs, jab cancels, and ffuairs that I wouldn't be able to do in wifi. I guess making the jump to offline was one of the most important contributors to the style I have today.

With that said, Samus is playable online.. you have to be a bit less aggressive tho and rely more on predictable bread and butter stuff..

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
with JUST button lag, she can do pretty decent given your used to it and you have a good samus to begin with. but during just plain o'l thhhhrree, twwwwoooooo, onnnneee, goooooo lag, she sucks. like previously mentioned, her timing becomes crap as does she.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
yes this is true crews. Unless the button lag is just terrible it usually isn't much of a problem. When the lag is skippy I become completely garbage.V_V

Metatitan

Smash Master
the only characters i see that may actually benefit from lag are ike, falcon, ganon and link. samus' zairs and sh missiles are so ****ed hard to time in lag =/

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
When I was used to lag, as in, I only played wifi and never went to tournaments, I was decently fine. I found that without lag, tho, I could TOTALLY develop my in-and-out mobile playstyle, utilizing shield dashes, pivot grabs, jab cancels, and ffuairs that I wouldn't be able to do in wifi. I guess making the jump to offline was one of the most important contributors to the style I have today.

With that said, Samus is playable online.. you have to be a bit less aggressive tho and rely more on predictable bread and butter stuff..
This is why Serris plays the way he does.

I've developed my feel for Samus entirely on Wi-Fi, and I have little-to-no chance at getting offline experience. Yay, suicidal instin--I mean--dedication!

Top Bottom