• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Regulars Tournament - Round 4

zmx

Smash Lord
Shame I wasn't part of this tourny. I'll definitively join the next one.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Alright I just won 2-1 against beast using MK, so I guess I made the right choice. Apparently he was surprised at my FD counter pick but that's the only stage I can handle XD

Also dyclone was right, fsmash is a very good move
How the **** did you beat him?
I'm just starting to absorb the dismal concept that you probably metagayed the whole time.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
How did you know? :3
Retro played amazingly that game, his mk could beat you.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
I probably could beat you Foxblaze :p
Let me know when you're ready for some matches.

If you mean Metagay as in nado spam, I did not do that so much because nowadays whenever I use nado people just shield it and then punish me, or they hit me with something while I'm using it.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I probably could beat you Foxblaze :p
Let me know when you're ready for some matches.

If you mean Metagay as in nado spam, I did not do that so much because nowadays whenever I use nado people just shield it and then punish me, or they hit me with something while I'm using it.
That's why you retreat it if it doesn't hit.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Almost everything there was wrong. You don't hover over your opponent like a tard. You seek higher/farther ground and avoid finishing high enough that you'll get a punishable amount of ending lag. EDIT: Ninja'd by Dyclone.

By metagaying I'm referring to Knubs post about you badly staling your Dsmash.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Using dsmash less often is something I've been working on, as well as OOS up b w/MK&Marth. I can also DACUS now, 100% of the time with Snake, and with Jiggs too if I get really lucky. My Marth is also less sucky.

Seriously Foxblaze, I can't wait to play you, just tell me when you're ready. I might be able to play tonight but it's looking pretty unlikely.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
You seem completely hyped. Wtf has gotten into you. Well you are better than me since you can DACUS :3. Don't lose this self confidence.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Not for the moment. All the Christmas break noobs are flooding Wifi and making things laggy as ****.

DaBreast, if you can't even DACUS, it would be fun to watch you play a Street Fighter game.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lost to DaBreast. Well played, FB.

I haven't played SSF4 in so long. Never acquired a personal copy.:applejack:

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Not for the moment. All the Christmas break noobs are flooding Wifi and making things laggy as ****.
Actually I've only had one incident of extreme lag out of the 5 or so times I've been on lately.

I don't want to hear excuses. Come back when you can put up a fight. :metaknight:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Not a ****ing excuse. Almost every match I've been in had some degree of lag, and Fox is completely crushed by that. YOU try doing a SHTL in any kind of lag.

But I'll gladly fight when things die down. Maybe by then you'll realize being a Metaprick won't solve your problems.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm liking the new RX. So audacious.:applejack:

FB, I think he understands that MK doesn't solve his problems. I can advocate that.:troll:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Notice that he is just playing the tiers. And I agree, he's getting ballsier. Both a good and bad thing...

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna have a few nice "tournament" friendlies with me? I'm practicing with Luigi.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I can play for a little bit, if you're willing to wait about 20 more minutes. I want to savor the time I still have left on my computer to run a few errands.:applejack:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Looks like this turned into another friend finder topic.... it's a matter of time before Gatlin kicks our *****.

By our, I mean you.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Have you noticed that the only people asking for/replying to friendly requests are the ones that frequent the thread/are in the tourney? Just an expostulation, and there doesn't really seem to be much wrong with it. If you're really so superficial, I could add that this isn't even the sub-forum for tournaments, let alone requests.:applejack:

I also think that Gatlin is much more clement than you're implying.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The last social started out as a tourney ( actually this tourney, Zulo disliked the bull**** thread and created a new tourney thread ), evolved into a matchmaker, and ended up closed.

Seem familar?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
The last social started out as a tourney, evolved into a matchmaker, and ended up closed.

Seem familar?
This isn't a social. It's primary purpose was a tourney, which it still is, and people infrequently request to play friendlies during the tourney's drought of action. From what I can discern, the only people that have asked for matches have been contestants. What's your objection?:applejack:

Dyclone

Smash Ace
The last one turned into an unofficial social, though. Plus the "matching making" doesn't happen too frequently.

Edit: Ninja'd

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It will. Several people disdained fsmash and flocked to the Everything thread. Especially once the tourney ends and people get sick of thread creators pointing out they're way off topic.The last one grew about thirty pages in a few hours.All hell is going to break loose once there's no more reason to play friendlies. Of course, people ignored the group I made in sensing that mods wouldn't like all the extra activity, and what really kept that chaos from spilling everywhere else.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I can play for a little bit, if you're willing to wait about 20 more minutes. I want to savor the time I still have left on my computer to run a few errands.:applejack:
Sure, no prob'. You can go ahead and make the room whenever you're ready, too, if you'd like (you can let me know when it's open here).

Oh, you're that waffle? I was wondering who that was.
Er, sorry, come again? :c

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It will. Several people disdained fsmash and flocked to the Everything thread.
>The Everything thread
That's self-explanatory, really. The title was misleading, evidently, if the purpose of "everything" was not your intent for the thread.:applejack:

Especially once the tourney ends and people get sick of thread creators pointing out they're way off topic.
Once the tourney ends... it's met its cessation, or at least, it should. The thread creators should request lock once the tourney subsides and meets its end, rather than trying to moderate it themselves after the completion. That's just foolhardy.:applejack:

The last one grew about thirty pages in a few hours.
Activity spawns once people see opportunity.

All hell is going to break loose once there's no more reason to play friendlies.
What does that pertain to? I'd rather not say much more on that until you clarify.:applejack:

My FC is 0775-5183-3817, CK. I have to set up.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
>The Everything thread
That's self-explanatory, really. The title was misleading, evidently, if the purpose of "everything" was not your intent for the thread.:applejack:

Once the tourney ends... it's met its cessation, or at least, it should. The thread creators should request lock once the tourney subsides and meets its end, rather than trying to moderate it themselves after the completion. That's just foolhardy.:applejack:

Activity spawns once people see opportunity.

What does that pertain to? I'd rather not say much more on that until you clarify.:applejack:

My FC is 0775-5183-3817, CK. I have to set up.
Last time it was total confusion until DaLeast decided to play lawyer for our case and find out the details of the lock.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Zatch, something's wrong... I keep getting error code 80430. Maybe I should try hosting?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It's said you're offline for quite some time, now.:applejack:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
It's said you're offline for quite some time, now.:applejack:
Well... this is just rather strange, now. <_< I'll try re-adding you.

Edit: Okay, hopefully that worked. Room reopened.

Double edit: Is that it, then? Well, GG's anyway, dude. =P Fun games. I kinda went overaggro there in the last match, though. Lol.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Loool, I'd rather not continue in lag such as that. Two games is my capacity in accordance. The Luigi was good.:applejack:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Loool, I'd rather not continue in lag such as that. Two games is my capacity in accordance. The Luigi was good.:applejack:
All right, no problem, then. Yeah, it was pretty laggy, but I had fun nonetheless. And thanks, same to your Kirby and Sonic.

Top Bottom